thermophile

just checking in

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey gang

I kind of dropped off the boards. All is basically well, I just have had alot of work pressure. The hubby is now working for 2 companies-whom ever calls first gets him for X weeks. It'd be nice to have him home more but, we knew what we were getting into. I'm constantly looking for a way to go home to Canada soon but that seems like it's still a few years off. Unless the US economy tanks even more severely that it already is, my first post-grad school job will still likely be in the US.

Hope all (at least all non USCIS) is going well

thermophile

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Hey! Great to see you hon!

I'm glad it's going somewhat good there....sorry your hubby has to work so much.

Keep in touch (F)

Let's Keep the Song Going!!!

CANADA.GIFUS1.GIF

~Laura and Nicholas~

IMG_1315.jpg

Met online November 2005 playing City of Heroes

First met in Canada, Sept 22, 2006 <3

September 2006 to March 2008, 11 visits, 5 in Canada, 6 in NJ

Officially Engaged December 24th, 2007!!!

Moved to the U.S. to be with my baby on July 19th, 2008 on a K1 visa!!!!

***10 year green card in hand as of 2/2/2012, loving and living life***

Hmmm maybe we should move back to Canada! lol smile.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Nice to know that you could take time out from dealing with the wee beasties to say hello. :thumbs: We are honoured. Good luck in your getting first job as an educated individual and let's hope you get paid more than the minimum wage. :crying: You only dropped off the boards for a brief respite, it's not like you dropped off the face of the earth or went to Wyoming. :P

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Nice to know that you could take time out from dealing with the wee beasties to say hello. :thumbs: We are honoured. Good luck in your getting first job as an educated individual and let's hope you get paid more than the minimum wage. :crying: You only dropped off the boards for a brief respite, it's not like you dropped off the face of the earth or went to Wyoming. :P

Or South Dakota, happy to hear you are crazy :thumbs:

Timeline

Hey Len-done with the grant apps, no sense applying for more money when I don't know where I'm going to be in 6 months. Of the ones that I was applying for when I last surfaced I got 3 and didn't get 3. I guess I"m ok with those stats. And my first paper is published, yippie. One more paper is accepted and 2 more as under review. Now I'm just paralyzed with fear trying to figure out how to get a job. (com-on NASA surely you want me??)

TM and IR5 I'm in a hole far blacker than even WY or SD (hard to believe, I know). I'm in that place where time is somehow sped up but brain activity is depressed. I wish I could just take a week or 2 and go wander around the mountains, but I guess there will be time for that when I'm finished and unemployed ;)

Hi Laura and Carla-hope all's well for you guys. congrats on the interview date Laura

Alright enough procrastination for now.

met summer 1999, summer 2000 hooked up-whoo hoo summer fling

summer fling failed to fizzle, married 2003

I-130 mailed 12/15/03

4/1/04 no word from NE contacted senators office, app found

NOA1 4/13/04

Gave up on ridiculously long US process-started Canadian

12/4/04 submitted app

LSS app returned because of missed signatures, lost in transit, resubmitted in June

9/28/05 landed, yippie

10/4/05 fly back to US to "finish up Master's" lose mind and switch to PhD

Damn it back to the US process

3/something/2005 finally get NOA2, no idea why it took so long

4/15/07 get case approval from NVC

8/9/07 Montreal here we come

10/14/07 hubby activated his visa

Filed: Timeline
Hey Len-done with the grant apps, no sense applying for more money when I don't know where I'm going to be in 6 months. Of the ones that I was applying for when I last surfaced I got 3 and didn't get 3. I guess I"m ok with those stats. And my first paper is published, yippie. One more paper is accepted and 2 more as under review. Now I'm just paralyzed with fear trying to figure out how to get a job. (com-on NASA surely you want me??)

TM and IR5 I'm in a hole far blacker than even WY or SD (hard to believe, I know). I'm in that place where time is somehow sped up but brain activity is depressed. I wish I could just take a week or 2 and go wander around the mountains, but I guess there will be time for that when I'm finished and unemployed ;)

Hi Laura and Carla-hope all's well for you guys. congrats on the interview date Laura

Alright enough procrastination for now.

Kudos on the grants and the publications sister. Remember, publish or perish is the name of the game. you should come over to teach here, it's nice and warm... NOT :rofl:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I got 3 and didn't get 3. I guess I"m ok with those stats. And my first paper is published, yippie. One more paper is accepted and 2 more as under review. Now I'm just paralyzed with fear trying to figure out how to get a job. (com-on NASA surely you want me??)

3 for 6, .500 batting average, pretty good for a baseball player. :lol: For grad school, that's actually quite impressive. :thumbs:

C'mon NASA people, without thermophile's research how will we ever know if ants can sort tiny screws in space? :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.