Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


I went to US in 2004 as a Au Pair but things did not work well with the family that I was living so I quited the program and went to live with another family that I found at internet, things did not work well again (the hostmother wanted me as a "slave") so I moved again, with the new family I had no problems. I lived with the families for 2, 1 and 9 months. I did not overstay in the US. Now I am going to apply to a K1 visa and I am a little affraid if I can have problems because I quited the program and if I have to put this 3 places at the Form G-325A (address).

Thanks for any help.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

your J-1 visa has expried since the time you left the program (normally the program have to report that you are no longer with the program and then our visa are not valid anymore) so it means that after you left the program, and still staying in the US, your status became illegal. That's in theory anyway. depends on which program you came with, whould they enfoce their rules or not.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you should be alright because you didn't overstay your visa


AOS Process

3/10/06---Pamela and I arrive in the states from Brasil

3/23/06---We got married!!!!yeh!!!!!

4/11/06---Our first NOA for the I-485 and I-765

5/20/06---Our green card interview was scheduled for 7/28/06

6/03/06---We moved to Phoenix, AZ and had to cancel our interview

7/15/06---Our rescheduled green card interview (WOW! Only 10 days after our initial 1st interview)

8/07/06---Green Card Approved!!!! (Now only the wait by mail)

8/14/06---Received "Welcome to the USA" letter in the mail.

8/18/06---YEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS! Received Green Card today!(actually it should be called

the White Card, ha)....immigration free for 2 years!!



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...