I luv my chappara

MY POE exp MAY 9.. ST PAUL MINNEAPOLIS

65 posts in this topic

welcome_to_usa.jpg

next up will be your big day....... have a joyous wedding.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
To joyce... :) here's ur request... don't worry toO much ... Take care

To others; hope this will ease ur worries, nervous, fears etc :)

Friday, May 9 - NAIA

NWA

Manila----Tokyo----St.Paul/Minneapolis-----Raleigh/Durham

1. Ryan and I arrived at 4:30am for our 8am flight.. opps too early ha :D , coz we have tons of baggage.. so we want to be early than catching up the time

(Ready ur itinerary/ticket & passport, the guard at the departure gate will check it) Passed through x-ray check...

2. Fall in a long line at NWA flight #020.. security of NWA gave us departure embarkation and stickers for our luggage. She checked for our passport & my visa. We finished almost 5:40

3. We checked in 3 huge bags :) wahh just about the limit weight of baggage...and 2 carry on.. 1 for me & 1 for Ryan...

(Liquids are allowed, just put in a zip bag.. I brought face creams, gels, toner, lotion, etc ... but don't put this stuff in carry on,, I did put mine in che

cked in bag, so it was not a hassle in the connecting flight check counters.

4. Wahhh the lady at check in counter in NWA told me to pay travel tax (P1,620 for economy, 2000 something I can't remember for first/business class) in Travel tax counter, it's near in the gate when u enter, it is easy to find though... and return after to get our boarding pass..

(I'm kinda shocked of this coz we thought it is paid of when we bought our ticket in NWA. Ryan was not ask to pay though, only me.. OH well, i will not return for long, so it's fine.. :D (just bring extra money just in case, u can change it to $ later inside the departure area)

5. Back to the counter and got our boarding pass

6. We proceed to Departure tax counter... (P750) she stamped our boarding pass

7. Immigration Line, (wahhh I'm glad it's not crazy long like arrival

(The officer asked me who is my petitioner.. hmmm i just point Ryan who was infront of me, he just finished--She smiled and said... mgksama kau?

8. Passed the Xray counter, separate for girls & guys (removed shoes, metal belt, removed ur laptop from the bag, liquid stuff)

9. We proceed to the assigned gate... (it's already 6:15am)

10. Boarded the plane at 7:05 ( wahhh the plane did not leave until 9:00.. instead of our 8am flight.. delayed for some electrical problem.. (we are sweating, it's hot inside the plane ...

11. FINally left to Toyko ... at arrival pass to check in again... (removed shoes, laptop again)

12. Went to assigned gate, it is easy to find the connecting flight, just follow the signs,, it's in English, so don't worry

13. Our gate was open already coz we are delayed, so we boarded right away.. (TO MINNEAPOLIS)

14. Arrived in St. Paul Minneapolis 1 hour early:) thnxxxxx GOD coz we have only 1 hour and 30 mins layover, so it's 2 hours and 30 mins now

15. I fall in line in new immigrant counter...and RYan in US residents line.. (dont fall in line in visitors, it's long)

16. Ryan finished already while i'm still waiting :( coz the guy fr P.I too ahead of me was interviewed long..

17. MY turn.. :) gave my passport, Form 1-94 given by the crew in NWA before landing in MInneapolis. (Fill it out in all capital letters) I gave my yellow orange envelope. While checking it, He asked me this questions:

-- Where are you going?

-- When did you first met?

-- What is his job?

-- What do you want to work?

-- Do you have food in your luggage? I answered no.. He said, ARE u sure? (i have only 2 pack of lucky me pancit canton) I forgot about it :)

-- How old are you?

-- When do u plan to get married?

-- How old are you? and look at me.. (wahh again?... oh well maybe he think that I gave him wrong age ... :D

-- When is ur birthday?

-- How far are u in Charlotte, NC? You can file ur AOS, EAD etc

He asked me to put my left index finger in the finger scanning, the the right... and posed for the camera. :) they have webcam in the window

-- He then said, get married in 90 days... Welcome to USA..

That's it.. it's easy.. so don't worry .. just relax

18. Ryan collected our luggage already.. (Don't forget ur luggage in Point of Entry) :devil: Passed though custom and give our custom form, since we don't have something to declare,it's easy.

Proceed to check in counter ..NWA staff put our bags in there...running floor ahahah i dont know what's the name of it.. :D

20. Passed trough xray counter againnnnnnnnn... (removed laptop, shoes)

21. PRoceed to our boarding gate.. since our plane arrived 1 hour early. We had enough time..

22. ARRived at Raleigh on time :) no more immigration stuff :)

23. Collected our bag, Ryan's parents picked us..

24. THEy hug me and said.. Welcome to USA

25.. DRive to CAry... just near ... maybe 10 minutes fr the airport

Going Cary is very pretty place,, it has lots of trees in both sides of the highway..

ARrived and ate dinner.. while talking and gave my present for my future in law.. :)

After dinner, drive to show me around.. wahhhhhhhhh even tired it's ok

GOODluck to all

Think positive always and stay charming :)

hi primie,,,welcome to US..thank you so much for your post..it really helps me since we have the same airlines and the same port of entry...thank you so much...i really appreciate it.,...godbless and regards to ryan...

welcome_to_usa.jpg

next up will be your big day....... have a joyous wedding.

THank you :):star:(F)

Hi Primie, Glad you made it safe and sound to the USA and Wishing you a warm welcome too!

Mina (F)

Thanks MIna :) I appreciate it :star:(F)

hi primie,,,welcome to US..thank you so much for your post..it really helps me since we have the same airlines and the same port of entry...thank you so much...i really appreciate it.,...godbless and regards to ryan...

---------------------

Ur welcome Joyce :) NWA have nice crew so if u have questions about gates etc.. you can ask them also :)

Take care.. Happy trip :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.