laraandjeff

I-797C notices different for Mom and Daughter

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, quick question We sent the I751 Petition to remove conditions for myself and my daugher April 16/08. The check was cahed on April 23, according to the website our case was tranfered to Vermont from Texas. Today I got a biometrics appointment letter for May 23/08 but not an extention letter. My daughter got an extention letter which says her biometric appointment letter will come soon. Does this mean I need to go and get my passport stamped? Why did my daughter get one and I didnt? and last, can I get the stamp when I get the biometrics done, at the same place? we have to go to Atlanta for the biometrics. Any advice to this would be appreciated. Thanks

Lara and Jeff

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
yours is probably on its way.. there is no set order in which the Bio notice and extension letter come...

Some people get neither... we continue to wait. Of course, no where near the 1 year that those in the other thread of waited.

--

02/27/08 - sent I-751 (remove conditions)

03/07/08 - check cleared

04/24/08 - transferred to VSC

04/25/08 - touched

08/??/08 - reschedule photo & prints

09/19/08 - photo & fingerprints

12/25/08 - touched

12/31/08 - card production ordered

06/14/11 - N-400 app sent

06/16/11 - N-400 NOA

07/07/11 - Biometrics appt.

09/07/11 - N-400 Interview

09/26/11 - Oath ceremony

Timeline

Interesting - the only other recently received NOA from applications submitted to TSC has also been for a derivative application based upon a parent. In the other case the parent has not yet received an NOA. There is a definite problem with NOAs being sent for applications submitted to TSC. How soon are the green cards due to expire? You can mention that you have not received your NOA when you go for your biometrics appointment and see if someone there is able to give you the I-551 stamp or not. They do have an I-90 processing center at the Atlanta ASC (application support center), so it is a possibility - I just don't know how high a possibility to get the stamp at the same time as the biometrics.

If they are not able to give you the stamp in your passport at the biometrics appointment, you will need to make an INFOPASS appointment with the main USCIS offices in Atlanta. I just had my passport stamped at my INFOPASS appointment this last Wednesday - it was absolutely easy - they knew exactly how to handle the no NOA extension letter situation - I didn't even have to ask for the stamp - they automatically gave it. So, one way or annother - either at the ASC for the biometrics or at the USCIS office through an INFOPASS appointment, definitely get the stamp in your passport. I suspect your daughter got one because the process for a derivative green card has some sort of difference that seems to generate the NOA where the main process doesn't.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Interesting - the only other recently received NOA from applications submitted to TSC has also been for a derivative application based upon a parent. In the other case the parent has not yet received an NOA. There is a definite problem with NOAs being sent for applications submitted to TSC. How soon are the green cards due to expire? You can mention that you have not received your NOA when you go for your biometrics appointment and see if someone there is able to give you the I-551 stamp or not. They do have an I-90 processing center at the Atlanta ASC (application support center), so it is a possibility - I just don't know how high a possibility to get the stamp at the same time as the biometrics.

If they are not able to give you the stamp in your passport at the biometrics appointment, you will need to make an INFOPASS appointment with the main USCIS offices in Atlanta. I just had my passport stamped at my INFOPASS appointment this last Wednesday - it was absolutely easy - they knew exactly how to handle the no NOA extension letter situation - I didn't even have to ask for the stamp - they automatically gave it. So, one way or annother - either at the ASC for the biometrics or at the USCIS office through an INFOPASS appointment, definitely get the stamp in your passport. I suspect your daughter got one because the process for a derivative green card has some sort of difference that seems to generate the NOA where the main process doesn't.

Good luck.

Thanks for the info Kathryn, Still no NOA for me yet and my daughters Biometrics appointment was schedualled for May 20, three days before mine. I call Uscis and the very nice woman said to take my appointment letter with us and they should be able to do mine at the same time (saving me a trip 3 days later.) I asked why I hadnt gotten the extention letter and she couldnt say why but told me to make an info pass appointment and get the stamp. So I guess Ill have to make another trip down for that. I have to go back to Canada in July which is when the green card expires so I guess I need to get the stamp. Is there a fee for the infopass appt or for the stamp? My case has been tranfered to Vermont and NOA's were suppose to have been sent for those too but we havnt got them either. So I dont know whats going on, we havnt moved nor have we ever had missing mail. Oh well at least Im here with my honey :D(L):D

Lara and Jeff

Timeline

As I mentioned earlier, it seems like derivative I-751 applications are getting NOAs but not the main applicant. It has nothing to do with you - it is all completely at the TSC . I have given up expecting to receive an NOA extension letter.

Yes, make an INFOPASS appointment at the Atlanta USCIS office to get the I-551 stamp. I got mine last week and it was incredibly easy. Just let them know you haven't received your NOA, bring your current green card and your unexpired passport. They will put the stamp in your passport. Yes, you will need to have the stamp when you return back to the US. There is no fee for either the appointment or the stamp. Even the parking is free:-). Since your greencard isn't due to expire until July I would wait and make the appointment for 2 or 3 weeks before it expires so you don't need to rush right out to do it now.

Good to know that you were able to work out the biometrics appointments together - it makes much more sense.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had the same thing happen. My daughter got an extention letter but I didnt recieve one. My daughters bio appointment was 4 days after mine but I brought her to mine and they did hers as well when they did mine.

Ive travelled with my daughter back to Canada to visit family and to renew our canadian passports and I had no problems crossing.

I-129F

12.18.04 Mailed I-129F

12.31.04 NOA1

05.17.05 NOA2

08.22.05 Visa Approved in Montreal

08.24.05 POE at Lewiston, NY

08.27.05 Married

AOS/EAD/AP (K-1)

09.01.05 Mailed AOS/EAD & AP to CHI Lockbox

09.12.05 NOA1 AOS/EAD & AP

11.10.05 AP in mail

12.22.05 Biometrics in Birmingham

12.27.05 EAD arrives in snail mail

03.01.06 Got Vacc Supplement in Tuscaloosa $50

04.10.06 Interview in Atlanta..APPROVED!

04.22.06 Green Card Arrives!!

AOS&AP (K-2)

09.01.05 Mailed AOS & AP to CHI Lockbox

09.12.05 NOA1 AOS & AP

10.06.05 AOS/AP touched

11.25.05 AP arrived in snail mail.

12.22.05 Biometrics in Birmingham

03.01.06 Got Vacc Supplement in Tuscaloosa $50

04.10.06 Interview in Atlanta..APPROVED!

04.22.06 Green Card Arrives!!

I-751 Remove Conditions

01.10.08 Mailed I-751 to VSC

01.18.08 NOA

01.19.08 NOA/Extention letter for Abbey

02.15.08 Biometrics in Birmingham

02.20.08 Touched

05.16.08 ... waiting....

01.12.08 Approved! Card Ordered

.png

• 2 weeks later...

Update: My daughter and I went to Atlanta for her appointment and I was told that they probebly wouldnt be able to do mine on that day but to come back around 2:30 and I might have a chance. So we waited and went back at 2:15 . After waiting till all of the 3:00 appt were over I was able to go in and get mine done YIPPEE I was so happy. Then Low and behold two days later my NOA for extending my resident status arrived in the mail. Im soooo happy that I didnt have to make another trip to Atlanta to get my passport stamped. So now the wait is on but Im a happy camper.

Lara and Jeff

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.