7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

I know we can´t be the only ones :innocent: .

We filed @ VSC on March 13 and received NOA1 on March 24. Now the waiting game has started. From what I understand from reading through these boards I couldve stayed with my husband when we had first gotten married and filed from there ( NYC), since marriage wasnt the intention when I arrived..it happened when I was about to leave and we came to realize we didnt want to live life without eachother..and then what happened..We´re in two different continents missing eachother and just waiting :crying:

My Visa journey:

Married August 10, 2007 in NYC

I-130 mailed to VSC via Chicago: March 13, 2008

NOA1 received: March 24, 2008

NOA2 received: May 22, 2008 (Approved yaaaaay!!!)

DS3032 choice of agent generated: June 14, 2008

Mailed Choice of Agent: June 14, 2008 (and emailed the NVC as well with my Choice Of Agent hoping to speed up things a bit)

Hubby received IV bill: June,2008

DS3032 entered the system: June 23, 2008

Thought my child needed the same papers as I did so we petitioned for him and decided to let his papers reac NVC before taking further action, but discovered he is indeed eligible for U.S citizenship- 7 months wasted arrrrrghhh! NOW WE ARE IN A HURRY! :)

AOS and IV fee Paid:xxxx

Receive AOS package

Receive DS230 package:xxxx

Mail DS230 package:xxxx

DS20 entered into system:xxxx

Case Complete: xxxx

Medical:xxxx

Visa Interview:xxxx

Visa Approved:xxxx

Visa in hand:xxxx

POE (JFK airport, New York): xxxx

Filed: Timeline

We filed @ VSC on March 13 and received NOA1 on March 24. Now the waiting game has started. From what I understand from reading through these boards I couldve stayed with my husband when we had first gotten married and filed from there ( NYC), since marriage wasnt the intention when I arrived..it happened when I was about to leave and we came to realize we didnt want to live life without eachother..and then what happened..We´re in two different continents missing eachother and just waiting :crying:

Sadly guys, yes, it's true that if you had not intended to get married when you married in the US, you could've stayed. I too didn't realise the situation fully until after I left the US. The USCIS people informed us after I had already left.

Just hang in there, this separation is not forever (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Sadly guys, yes, it's true that if you had not intended to get married when you married in the US, you could've stayed. I too didn't realise the situation fully until after I left the US. The USCIS people informed us after I had already left.

Just hang in there, this separation is not forever (F)

Girl, People are always talking about having no regrets but Im sure both of us can agree on agretting this :whistle: .. Im so sad we didnt read into it- We didnt want to do anything we thought was illegal and therefore I left the day after we got married :crying: so we could do things in what we assumed was the "right way". It took us months just to understand where we needed to file, what kind of papers we had to send in etc. and therefore we didnt get to do it until two months ago.

Now a new problem has arised..My husband and I started dating when I took my beautiful son who is now 7 out to visit his paternal grandparents in the States. My sons father- not my husband- has been in Europe for 9 yrs and resides in Sweden. I called the Danish embassy to ask them whether or not my husband would be able to file for my son. I figured that would be the easiest thing to do so we could send in all the petitions at once. I was informed that my son is already a US citizen through his father and that the father had to apply for him for his dual citizenship. Long story short. Due to my sons fathers irresponsibilities not paying child support, my child then had to receive it from the government, my sons fathers passport was revoked when he tried to renew it out here, so he offered me a deal- That I would come up with x thousand dollars, that he owes in childsupport so he could get his passport back and first then he would sign. Ofcourse my husband and I we´re devastated because we had been told by the embassy that it was illegal to apply for permanent residence for someone who was eligible for US citizenship. I had to make contact to them again and explain the situation. Fortunately they was real kind and understanding and has now permitted for my husband to file the I-130 for my son, so now we are in the process of gathering all the documents- once again and wait even longer...Does this thing ever end??? :blink:

My Visa journey:

Married August 10, 2007 in NYC

I-130 mailed to VSC via Chicago: March 13, 2008

NOA1 received: March 24, 2008

NOA2 received: May 22, 2008 (Approved yaaaaay!!!)

DS3032 choice of agent generated: June 14, 2008

Mailed Choice of Agent: June 14, 2008 (and emailed the NVC as well with my Choice Of Agent hoping to speed up things a bit)

Hubby received IV bill: June,2008

DS3032 entered the system: June 23, 2008

Thought my child needed the same papers as I did so we petitioned for him and decided to let his papers reac NVC before taking further action, but discovered he is indeed eligible for U.S citizenship- 7 months wasted arrrrrghhh! NOW WE ARE IN A HURRY! :)

AOS and IV fee Paid:xxxx

Receive AOS package

Receive DS230 package:xxxx

Mail DS230 package:xxxx

DS20 entered into system:xxxx

Case Complete: xxxx

Medical:xxxx

Visa Interview:xxxx

Visa Approved:xxxx

Visa in hand:xxxx

POE (JFK airport, New York): xxxx

Filed: Timeline

Like you guys, we didn't want to do anything that may have been illegal .... it was quite a kick to find out later that it wouldn't have been, so I do understand.

Your situation sounds horribly complicated, and I feel for you. I hope it all gets sorted out soon.

Yes, it will end, but sadly it's a government process .... yuk!

Chin up, stay strong and soon it will all be over (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We have 3/4/08 approval

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Hello,

Here's a link to where other March filers are: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115882

-Mark

03/24/2008: Mailed I-130

03/31/2008: NOA1 Receipt

07/01/2008: NOA2 Receipt

08/29/2008: Case Completed with NVC

10/16/2008: Interview Date - Passed

10/21/2008: Visa Received

11/01/2008: Flight to US - POE: SFO

09/10/2010: Mailed I-751

09/13/2010: NOA1 Receipt

10/15/2010: Biometrics Appointment

12/22/2010: Approved

12/30/2010: Green Card Received

03/02/2012: Mailed N-400

03/08/2012: NOA Receipt

04/17/2012: Biometrics Appointment

05/24/2012: Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.