*JG*

Jamaican Adoptions

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I said when we started getting some info together, I would make a thread so we can help each other and track progress. So, here it goes.........

I found this info on adopting from Jamaica:

http://www.travel.state.gov/family/adoptio...ountry_404.html

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

http://www.cda.gov.jm/

Thank you Sus and Shrewdie for the info thus far.

This is where you start it all.........

http://www.cda.gov.jm/downloads/adoptionap...0209_164332.pdf

I have filled out the form today. Well, most of it. Waiting for Andre's mom to mail us a copy of Sean Paul's birth certificate and SP's mother's death certificate. Then, off we go. There is NO charge for sending in this form.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
http://www.cda.gov.jm/

Thank you Sus and Shrewdie for the info thus far.

This is where you start it all.........

http://www.cda.gov.jm/downloads/adoptionap...0209_164332.pdf

I have filled out the form today. Well, most of it. Waiting for Andre's mom to mail us a copy of Sean Paul's birth certificate and SP's mother's death certificate. Then, off we go. There is NO charge for sending in this form.

Depending on which office you would be using, here are the addresses to file this form....

http://www.cda.gov.jm/regions.php

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
Sweetie! I didn't know you were adopting. Good for you!!!! (L)

Well, it remains to be seen. I kind of detest paperwork at this time, so I'm already saddled with an impatient attitude. And, we have to depend on the MIL to get some paperwork for us. That should be a real pleasure.

If you knew me when we got engaged, I said "yes, but only if we can adopt Sean Paul". I posted it so very long ago on another web site. It's just taken us a while to get to where we are prepared to actually do it.

Here we go....................

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well, it remains to be seen. I kind of detest paperwork at this time, so I'm already saddled with an impatient attitude. And, we have to depend on the MIL to get some paperwork for us. That should be a real pleasure.

If you knew me when we got engaged, I said "yes, but only if we can adopt Sean Paul". I posted it so very long ago on another web site. It's just taken us a while to get to where we are prepared to actually do it.

jomo I think there is an easier way to go for you. unless there is something about this that you really like (easier citizenship, etc.,)

I think this is for people that are not related to the child they are adopting? Either way, this is great info

jomo I think there is an easier way to go for you. unless there is something about this that you really like (easier citizenship, etc.,)

I think this is for people that are not related to the child they are adopting? Either way, this is great info

nevermind, I just read the last page. i guess you are right.

Is this adoption form thru JA or the US?

I LOVE MY HUSBAND!!!!!!!!!!!

10-29-07 Overnighted I-130 to VSC

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

9-5-08 Paid AOS bill online

10-8-08 Paid IV bill online

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

2-19-09 INTERVIEW 8:30am, APPROVED

Timeline

The form is through the CDA in Jamaica. This is where you have to start. You get their approval and then they help guide you through the rest of it. We'll see how much guiding they actually do. Upon visiting their site, I think it is really pretty helpful. Much more so then anywhere else I've looked for help in any process involving JA, as far as JA websites.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
The form is through the CDA in Jamaica. This is where you have to start. You get their approval and then they help guide you through the rest of it. We'll see how much guiding they actually do. Upon visiting their site, I think it is really pretty helpful. Much more so then anywhere else I've looked for help in any process involving JA, as far as JA websites.

hahah yeah. I saw that on the bottom of the form. I should have read it all. sheesh.

how long do you think this process will take?

do you know if you adopt there and THEN file for a VISA for them? if so then it would take like two years......

also- do you know what part of this process they do a home study?

b/c marsh isnt even here yet and when he DOES come here we will be living in a tiny two bedroom townhouse/apt. (practically one room b/c the other one is so small) and when we DID adopt we would move..but not before because of finances...

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

hahah yeah. I saw that on the bottom of the form. I should have read it all. sheesh.

how long do you think this process will take?

do you know if you adopt there and THEN file for a VISA for them? if so then it would take like two years......

also- do you know what part of this process they do a home study?

b/c marsh isnt even here yet and when he DOES come here we will be living in a tiny two bedroom townhouse/apt. (practically one room b/c the other one is so small) and when we DID adopt we would move..but not before because of finances...

They say about 4 months once you actually file for adoption. That was an old site, so we'll see.

I haven't gotten far enough to get to the visa process; but I think once adopted, he would actually be the child of a US citizen. I read something about being issued a new birth certificate and passport as such. Should make things easier. And, US citizenship is really very easy once they arrive.

We live in a tiny apartment ourselves. Just 4 rooms and that includes the bathroom. We have the living room set up as a 2nd bedroom with a daybed along with the couches and such. He would have his own room. And, since he sleeps in a room with 2 queen beds and 10 other people, it's an improvement.

I think they do the homestudy before and one surprise one after.

Dont' stress on what you can't do, Shrewdie.....start with the positives and go from there.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I got the birth certificate and his mother's death certificate in the mail yesterday. Of course, in true Jamaican style, his mother's first name is spelled differently on the two certificates. I hope that doesn't cause future problems. Knowing me......and my life.....it will.

Mailing in the forms and copy of birth certificate today. Cross your fingers for us.

You only get one trip

You only get one trip

Timeline
I got the birth certificate and his mother's death certificate in the mail yesterday. Of course, in true Jamaican style, his mother's first name is spelled differently on the two certificates. I hope that doesn't cause future problems. Knowing me......and my life.....it will.

Mailing in the forms and copy of birth certificate today. Cross your fingers for us.

fingers crossed!

10-30-07 I-1-30 Received

1-17-08 NOA-1

8-6-08 MOVED TO CSC

8-20-08 Approved!

8-25-08 Received at NVC

8-28-08 DS-3032 emailed

10-17-08 RFE, DS230

10-28-08 CASE COMPLETE!

Timeline

Kelly--

u wanna hear a story..

hubby had is BC all his life..with the last name WHYTE and it got misplaced so he had to get a new one and they had to do a search and u know they said his name is spelled WHITE..how the heck all his brothers have the name WHYTE and he went to school in WHYTE and they gave him a new one with WHITE..dem full a #######. they didn't search for nothing..they just made a mistake and didn't want to fix it...and told him he had to jump through all these hoops to get it changed.....a mess :angry:

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

si how dem stay...mek up dem own rules aas they go...cause i don't know how someone has been living under one name and then all of a sudden...it wrong....but whatever

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Timeline

Jomo all the best on your adoption. Wishing you all the best. :thumbs:

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.