hearsay

Does your case stay together?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello,

For the K3 visa when going through customs, we handed the immigration officer the manila envelope which was sealed. They took it and didn't return anything to us. I very much assume that is normal? But my question is about the I693 supplement, isn't that what was contained in the envelope? If so, doesn't the information in that envelope make it back to the AOS case? Or does it just stay with the I-129 case? At the AOS interview, does the immigration officer have everything from the I-129, 1-130 and I-485 cases? If so, that would be great, but I am not sure.

Thanks for your insight to this.

Kyro

Edited by waiting4visas

5.26.23: Wedding

6.24.23: I-130

Filed: Timeline

Yes, they do combine all the applications in one, so by the time of the interview your file is pretty thick. Unless they specifically ask for originals (such as medical) always send copies, because they do keep all the documents you send them. Just to be on the safe side, you should always make copies of the original documents you submit (for your own record).

Hello,

For the K3 visa when going through customs, we handed the immigration officer the manila envelope which was sealed. They took it and didn't return anything to us. I very much assume that is normal? But my question is about the I693 supplement, isn't that what was contained in the envelope? If so, doesn't the information in that envelope make it back to the AOS case? Or does it just stay with the I-129 case? At the AOS interview, does the immigration officer have everything from the I-129, 1-130 and I-485 cases? If so, that would be great, but I am not sure.

Thanks for your insight to this.

Kyro

That's how it's supposed to be, everything kept together in one place. But often they lose stuff and then they send RFEs requesting to send various documents again...

You'll be surprised how that packet follows you wherever you go :) Mine initially came from LA then to Manila, back to LA again and now here in NC. When I did my AOS interview, I saw the big chunk of file with everything in it. I'll probably see it again during my naturalization interview, hopefully that's the last time I'll see it :)

*** My Mom's N-400 Journey ***

05/09/2015 - Mailed N-400 application packet to the Phoenix, AZ lockbox

05/11/2015 - Delivered per USPS tracking

05/14/2015 - Check cashed

05/19/2015 - Received NOA

06/02/2015 - Biometrics Appointment

06/04/2015 - In line

08/06/2015 - Interview scheduled per USCIS website

09/11/2015 - Interview - PASSED!

09/18/2015 - Received oath letter

09/22/2015 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline
You'll be surprised how that packet follows you wherever you go :) Mine initially came from LA then to Manila, back to LA again and now here in NC. When I did my AOS interview, I saw the big chunk of file with everything in it. I'll probably see it again during my naturalization interview, hopefully that's the last time I'll see it :)

I hate to get off topic but I am just curious about your N-400. My understanding is that you can not apply until you have been a LPR for 3 years (minus 3 months). Did the guideliness change? Just curious as to what the actual process is. Thanks in advance

Timeline

Thanks for the answer...That's kind of nice they keep everything together in one large file. We definitely make copies of everything we send in, actually I am kind of crazy about it. Which is what is bothering me about the medical. The medical you give them in a sealed envelope, in our case at the airport, I think at the initial interview too..we never see what is inside, at least we didn't, therefore, we never got copies of the things that are in there. Any comments about this?

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

You never had an I 693 suppliment. You had a DS 3025 which is done by a panel physician for the Department of State. You should have been given this at the POE. The I 693 is an INS form that is done by civil surgeons in the US for immigration. They are two different forms that are used by 2 different agancies of the government.

You should have the DS 3025. There is probably a copy that goes with the package and a copy that you get.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Timeline

This sounds like very bad news. When we sent in the 485, they said I didn't need to send anything in because it was less than a year. But it wasn't for the 693, which we never did apparently. However, when I sent in the 485 they never sent me any type of RFE about the medical stuff. And the interview is for this month.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I didn't mean to scare you. Many people send the DS 3025 copy with the package and have no problems. It falls within their rules. Some times the USCIS turns flaky about medical stuff and requires things that are clearly outside of their direction. There seems to be no pattern for this but I think you would have already had problems if you had a crazy person working your case.

I am sure you will be fine. Don't WORRY!!!

This sounds like very bad news. When we sent in the 485, they said I didn't need to send anything in because it was less than a year. But it wasn't for the 693, which we never did apparently. However, when I sent in the 485 they never sent me any type of RFE about the medical stuff. And the interview is for this month.

Please advise.

Thanks.

10 Nov mailed I 129F to TSC

16 Nov 29 Nov Notice date

3 Dec Received NOA 1

3 Jan 05 Please I just want to be touched

3 may 05 NOA2 E mail notification

7 May 05 Mail NOA2

11 May 05 sent petition to Bogota

18 May Packet 3 arrived

19 May Checklist taken to consulate

31 May Packet 4 delivered

29 June visa granted

1 July Visa delivered

Sometime in July Lucero came to US

13 Sept 05 Married

1 Nov 05 -USCIS recieved 485 and EAD

13 December RFE stupid things I should have included Returned very quickly

27 March received bio letter for New Orleans

7 Apr_06 Bio done in New Orleans

20 April 06 Touched on all applications

21 April Email received EAD approved

27 Apr Received EAD card

30 May 2006 Received appointment letter for JaX on 13 July 2006

13 July Interview successful approved

20 July Received green card

30 June 08 Sent I751 to remove conditions

25 July 08 Application returned erroneously incorrect fee

27 July mailed new application with separate checks

15 Sept 08 Application returned erroneously K2 not within 90 day timeframe

17 Sept Mailed 3rd application with mountains of proof of error copied Senator Mel Martinez

09 October 4th application package sent. This time they said the app signature page was a copy

10 Oct Sent package again 4th time.

25 Oct Received another NOA for Wife with $625 for the amount with one year extension

30 Oct 2008 Still nothing for step daughter. Checks still haven't cleared the bank

24 November Checks finally cleared the bank

February biometrics for wife Nothing for daughter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.