miamiLime

k-2 child bringing later

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Please help me answer this question.

I am a little confused about the K-2 process. My fiancee in colombia has a 4yr old who she plans on bringing with her to the states a couple of months after we marry. I mentioned the child on the original i-129f so I understand she can come to the states under a k2 visa within a 1 yr period of my fiancee receiving her k-1.

My questions are the following considering the child is 4 yrs old.

1) I understand my fiance is given an envelope with documents once she is granted her K-1. This in fact is her visa. Does the child receive anything? Is her passport stamped? What is the k-2 child's physical visa?

2) Once my fiance is here do I have to file anything to bring the child over?

3) In other words what does the k-2 child physically take to the airport when she comes over a couple of months after my finace.

Please help me.

Thanks

Please help me answer this question.

I am a little confused about the K-2 process. My fiancee in colombia has a 4yr old who she plans on bringing with her to the states a couple of months after we marry. I mentioned the child on the original i-129f so I understand she can come to the states under a k2 visa within a 1 yr period of my fiancee receiving her k-1.

My questions are the following considering the child is 4 yrs old.

1) I understand my fiance is given an envelope with documents once she is granted her K-1. This in fact is her visa. Does the child receive anything? Is her passport stamped? What is the k-2 child's physical visa?

2) Once my fiance is here do I have to file anything to bring the child over?

3) In other words what does the k-2 child physically take to the airport when she comes over a couple of months after my finace.

Please help me.

Thanks

Hi :)

I can give u some info's regarding about K1 visa application w/ inclusion of K2. As my fiance did to our application in the states. He petitioned me as his fiance and mentioning to it that i have a 4 yr old son as well that makes me a single parent and never been married. So all the doucments he passed as the start of the application, he asked me to filled-up the biographical forms for me & my son (including my son Birth cert.). So when our embassy here in manila received it, i got the medical and interview schedule stating that I am into a K1 visa application as well as my son as in K2 visa application.

So when in time of medical, he did gone with me and has his own seperate medical exams and payments for it. Also when i paid the visa thru the bank i paid 2 visa fees as well. And when the interview came he was there with me as well for his physical interview bcos ive got his passport since he was 2 yrs old, and he was 4 now to recognized how big he was as a kid already.

So we flew together when we got the visa ( as for the visa I got my fiance name appears on my passport visa inside as K1 visa, & my son got same visa as like me but instated as K2 visa and in my name he was been petitioned), and where here now in US, when we enter our POE in ATL, they issue 1-194 for both of us as K1 & K2.

For my case.... i guess my fiance already submitted forms and documents of mine as well as with my son, so that makes as K1/K2.

In your case even you put her son name in 1-129f but u didnt send his biographical form ( i guess its the G gorm something.. sorry cant remember) you just determined that she has a son and ur not includong him with the petition bcos u didnt submit forms and documents of her child but only your fiancee.

So... thats makes me think that you have to do another application thats K2 visa seperately for the child, but u cant do that by urself, should be ur fiance and she can only do that whenever she got married to you and already a permanent resident meaning after 2 yrs?? ( im not sure , maybe asked other peeps about this..) bcos you wont be the petitioner anymore for the child but her mom. And that not makes a month application only, since it is another petition to do so.

hope these all helps ........

rebelheart

Edited by rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Hi miamiLime ..... it's me again

i just need to rephrase my posts about ur case ... bcos i just talked with my husband after i'd replied to your post... sorry.... this is his views for this.. bcos he is the USC.

In your case even you put her son name in 1-129f but u didnt send his biographical form ( i guess its the G form something.. sorry cant remember) you just determined that she has a son and ur not included him with the petition bcos u didnt submit forms and documents of her child but only your fiancee.

So... thats makes me think that you have to do another application thats K2 visa seperately for the child, but u cant do that only when after you got married already. And since ur future wife is the mother you could file the K2 visa in behalf of her bcos you will be the supporter of the beneficiary. And maybe, whenever the kid already touched by the embassy in columbia, that any of your fiancee family in columbia could help the kid process the medical exams. Then your fiancee got her AOS(change of status) & AP (advance parole) that can make her to go back to columbia just to process with him the interview and to pick up the kid and sent him back with her to the states. because that not makes a month application only, since it is another petition to do so, and for my understanding its gonna be as long as you filed the K1. so maybe your wife got her AP by then to leave US not long 6 months duration.

hope these all helps ........

rebelheart

07-13-06 - K1/K2 AOS/EAD sent

11-04-06 - 2 NOA's transfer to CSC

11-17-06 - "K1 APPROVED AOS" no interview

11-27-06 - "K1 - GREENCARD" rcvd.

01-23-07 - K2 GREENCARD rcvd.

08-20-08 - I-751 sent to Texas Service Center, transfer to VSC

08-26-08 - I-751 NOA1 & 1yr. Extension letter

09-18-08 - I-751 NOA2 - Biometrics Appointment Notice

03-11-09 - I-751 transfer from VSC to CSC!

05-13-09 - I-751 APPROVED

06-24-09 - card production ordered

08-20-09 - N400 - Citizenship Application

08-24-09 - NOA notice date

08-28-09 - NOA in mailbox

09-10-09 - email asking for more evidence

09-14-09 - Biometrics NOA date

09-18-09 - Biometrics Letter arrived in mailbox

10-09-09 - Biometrics Schedule

10-14-09 - Notice date of the yellow letter

10-30-09 - touched online for "testing & interview"

11-03-09 - IL received in mailbox

12-07-09 - "PASSED" Interview & it's my Hubby Bday too!

04-17-10 - Oath letter received in mailbox

05-14-10 - Judicial Oath atlast! in Atl

110 days - Application to Interview

158 days - Interview to Judicial Oath

268 days - Total processing days for my N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.