ILoveTan

For those who have filed the I-129 already....

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok - I am totally confused (AGAIN)! On the guides it says to send photos, receipts, emails, and other proof to the USCIS when you submit your I-129.... but I have scoured the USCIS website and they say NOTHING about sending in anything other than the 129 and G325 and passport photos and copies of your passport.

Has anyone ever just sent them what they asked for and nothing more?

What was the outcome of that? Did you get the approved?

Just curious on this.... thanks

ILOVETAN

Edited by ILoveTan

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

the instructions on the uscis website for filing an I129f say to include evidence that you have met in person in the past 2 years. see #5A. that would include photos, tickets, receipts, etc.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-129Finstr.pdf

just evidence that pertains to your meeting in the past 2 years. other evidence of your relationship, before and since, will be submitted at the interview. good luck.

Our Photo Album

.png

---------------

Hieu & Craig's K1 Timeline

4-7-08 I-129F sent

4-9-08 NOA1 received

8-13-08 NOA2 received

9-15-08 Packet 3 received

9-29-08 Packet 3 returned

10-15-08 Packet 4 received

11-24-08 Interview-Passed

4-23-09 Arrived in Los Angeles

6-18-09 Married

Timeline

he has to fill out the G-325A(all 4 pages filled out and signed), provide an original(no photocopies) statement that he intends to marry you within 90 days of entering the US on his K1 visa(aka Letter of Intent), and a passport-type photo with full name written on the back in pencil or black felt tip pen.

are you sure you read the K1 guide? :whistle:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

i printed the guide along with the uscis instructions and had them next to my computer the entire time i put my petition together. should've memorized them as many times as i read them. :P

Our Photo Album

.png

---------------

Hieu & Craig's K1 Timeline

4-7-08 I-129F sent

4-9-08 NOA1 received

8-13-08 NOA2 received

9-15-08 Packet 3 received

9-29-08 Packet 3 returned

10-15-08 Packet 4 received

11-24-08 Interview-Passed

4-23-09 Arrived in Los Angeles

6-18-09 Married

Timeline

Yes, what CraigCam said. G-325A (ALL 4 PAGES SIGNED by TAN), ORIGINAL letter of intent to marry you. You must provide the same.

Also, any photos, receipts, copy of your passport an visas, and boarding passes CAN BE PHOTOCOPIES. Also I provided copies of BOTH our birth certificates (VN BC AND copy translated to english).

Edited by b_weeks

Filed Removal of Conditions: 11/05/10

Rec'd NOA1: 11/08/10

Biometrics: 12/22/10

10 YR Greencard: 03/03/11 APPROVED

10 YR Greencard Rec'd: 03/08/11 RECEIVED

Timeline
Yes, what CraigCam said. G-325A (ALL 4 PAGES SIGNED by TAN), ORIGINAL letter of intent to marry you. You must provide the same.

Also, any photos, receipts, copy of your passport an visas, and boarding passes CAN BE PHOTOCOPIES. Also I provided copies of BOTH our birth certificates (VN BC AND copy translated to english).

Hey Bill, just sent you a PM. What made you include your birth certificate? I thought the American can use just a passport... what prompted you to do that, if I may ask? How many photos did you send with your first paperwork set? Thanks

ILOVETAN

Timeline

OH I REMEMBER MY QUESTION NOW (question 1,687,942 :wacko:)

You know how they say if a Vietnamese person has relatives in America, that is a red flag to the consulate?? HOW DOES THE CONSULATE KNOW? Is that from the interview only or is there another place where it is asked?

Tan has NO relatives in the U.S., I would like to have to opportunity to STRESS this point. :yes:

So, what is the deal with this?

ILOVETAN

Timeline

Hey Bill, just sent you a PM. What made you include your birth certificate? I thought the American can use just a passport... what prompted you to do that, if I may ask? How many photos did you send with your first paperwork set? Thanks

ILOVETAN

For the I-129F application, the petitioner's (ie, US Citizen's) birth certificate is not necessary, but he may have done it just to provide further evidence of his US Citizenship. I, too, sent in a few more documents that were not explicitly asked for; I had decided that sending them helped my case.

But just FYI, the US Consulate in HCMC seems to ask for an original and a copy of your birth certificate for the interview. I had problems obtaining mine, and so I called the Consulate to inquire about it. When the person on the other line found out I wasn't Vietnamese, she said a birth certificate wasn't necessary. I can only deduce that they wanted the birth certificate to ensure that I was not related to my fiancee and trying to scam her into the US. The short of it is that even if you don't send it in with your I-129F, you'll want to get it for the interview eventually. (I realize that you in no way look Vietnamese, but it'd still be a good idea to bring the birth certificate anyway.)

Hey ILOVETAN,

I sent in EVERYTHING with my K-1 package. And I mean...EVERYTHING!

We sailed through the process RFE free.

All I took to the interview was the I-134 and proof of continued relationship - from the time between initially filing the K1 and the interview.

Peace,

MarkNAam

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Timeline
Hey ILOVETAN,

I sent in EVERYTHING with my K-1 package. And I mean...EVERYTHING!

We sailed through the process RFE free.

All I took to the interview was the I-134 and proof of continued relationship - from the time between initially filing the K1 and the interview.

Peace,

MarkNAam

Hi Mark, can you please define "EVERYTHING" ??? :innocent:

Thanks

Timeline

I would suggest sending in proof of your ongoing relationship with your I-129f. The Consulate doesn't have time to read everything you bring to the interview. But they have your I–129f for a couple of months or more. So your I-129f is your best place to "make your case". In our case, I used #18 Proof of having met to explain our relationship up to our meeting in person. I used Proof of our ongoing relationship to show everything I thought helpful to further to convince the Consulate including our last chat log the night before I sent in the I-129f.

At the interview, I continuied in our proof of ongoing relationship by starting with our first chat after sending in the I-129f, my other trip to Vietnam and ended with my proof of going to Vietnam for her interview. (the boarding pass, baggage claim, Visa, etc). They only looked at a few of the chat logs.......

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.