anka

How page should be formatted?

8 posts in this topic

Hi guys!

Quick question....

Is there a specific format/lay-out I need to type for attached pages? Precisely, the extra page I need to add pertaining to my employment history on the G-325a and also for the Question 18 on the I-129f...

What did other people's look like that were successful? Header? Any addresses? Sub header? Etc.?

By the way, this is in regards to the I-129a Petition (for K1).

Thanks so much!

:star: :star: :star:

Anna

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

You should set it up as -

"Continuation Page, Form G-325A for XXXXXXova, Anna S."

Then you can write something like -

"Employment History, continued -"

1998 - 2003 Moscow Import Agency, 3254 Leningradski Shosse, +7 095 325-987, Trausury Secretary

1994 - 1998 Sbarro Pizza, 890 Tverskaya-Yamskaya, +7 095 245-684, Hostess

etc. etc. etc.

For the other form, you can label it as -

"Continuation Page, Form I-129 for XXXXXXova, Anna S."

#18 (cont.) - XXXXX XXXX XXXXX

At the bottom of the page, it should have your full name, passport #, and petitioner's name (and social/passport) as well. Ensure you sign and date the bottom of the page. It's not necessary to get it notarized, apostilled, etc. Just make sure your personal info is on it and it's signed. Also, attach it to the other forms (paper clip them together) and make sure it can be readily identified just in case someone drops all your papers on the floor.

I did basically the same thing as above and it worked out quite well. Ensure whenever you make a continuation page for any govt. form you label it the same way the original form is labeled and your answers look similar to what is in the original form. Example-

if the original lists

Name, Address, Phone Number

then your continuation page should look like

Name, Adress, Phone Number

They should look at your continuation page and have no trouble understanding what it is and what it corresponds to. Keep it as close to the original as possible. (It's actually very simple. Just make sure all the info is on there and sign and date it.)

Good luck, and remember, once this is done, you can send it in and you're officially started!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

[/color] Wow! THank you SOOO much for your very detailed response! The people on this site never seize to amaze me.... *swoons* (L)(F)

ANYWAYS. I have just a few last things that perhaps you/someone could clarify....

1. Do I need to make 4 copies of the attachment for the G325a (1 for each of the 4 pages) or is only 1 fine?

2. Do I need to put the USCIS address at the top or does it not matter?

3. And... I made an attachment page for Vasya's (my fiance) g325a, but I didn't have him sign it...actually, he didn't sign anything but that form and the letter of intent.... is this ok do you think?

OK! Enough questions! I'm making myself --and all around me--- mad with my uncertainty and nervousness about this whole ordeal!

Again, thanks so so so much!

By the way, "Tverskaya-Yamskaya" sounds just enchanting -- a definite must-see next time i'm in Moscow... shutka ;) And, argh, Sbarro...noooo!

ANYWAYS. A few last things maybe you can clarify for me:

-Anna

:star: :star: :star:

You should set it up as -

"Continuation Page, Form G-325A for XXXXXXova, Anna S."

Then you can write something like -

"Employment History, continued -"

1998 - 2003 Moscow Import Agency, 3254 Leningradski Shosse, +7 095 325-987, Trausury Secretary

1994 - 1998 Sbarro Pizza, 890 Tverskaya-Yamskaya, +7 095 245-684, Hostess

etc. etc. etc.

For the other form, you can label it as -

"Continuation Page, Form I-129 for XXXXXXova, Anna S."

#18 (cont.) - XXXXX XXXX XXXXX

At the bottom of the page, it should have your full name, passport #, and petitioner's name (and social/passport) as well. Ensure you sign and date the bottom of the page. It's not necessary to get it notarized, apostilled, etc. Just make sure your personal info is on it and it's signed. Also, attach it to the other forms (paper clip them together) and make sure it can be readily identified just in case someone drops all your papers on the floor.

I did basically the same thing as above and it worked out quite well. Ensure whenever you make a continuation page for any govt. form you label it the same way the original form is labeled and your answers look similar to what is in the original form. Example-

if the original lists

Name, Address, Phone Number

then your continuation page should look like

Name, Adress, Phone Number

They should look at your continuation page and have no trouble understanding what it is and what it corresponds to. Keep it as close to the original as possible. (It's actually very simple. Just make sure all the info is on there and sign and date it.)

Good luck, and remember, once this is done, you can send it in and you're officially started!

As of:

June 26, 2012 - The Hubbs received his 10-year Permanent Residency Card (aka THE Greencard) in the mail today!

At long last, this highly stressful leg of our journey has come to a close - for now - and we couldn't be more grateful and appreciative for all the tremendous help and support here on VJ! Without VisaJourney I doubt we would be where my husband and I are today! Thanks to all!

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

OK.... I had to read through several of your old posts to figure some stuff out. Basically, from what I see now, in response to your questions, it looks like -

1. You need to make a copy of the continuation page for each G-325A submitted and/or copied. The G-325A is already a 4 page document so when add a continuation page it should then become a 5 page document. (You should make this into a little packet by adding a paperclip. Stapling is OK, but paperclips are preferred. Sometimes these are machine-read and stapling slows the process... slowing your petition, and angering the people who have to take out every staple.) Basically, you should now have 4 pages of G-325A and 1 page of continuation. When you make a copy, you'll now have 10 pages which means you should have two paper-clipped packets of 5 pages each.

2. You do not need to put the USCIS address at the top. It should say something to the effect of "Continuation Page, G-325A for XXXXXXXova, Anna S." or similar. It is going to be the "page 5" of the G-325A, not a new form. There's no address for USCIS on the G-325A, is there? There is information for who/what it's submitted in reference to. That's all they need.

3. This is where you may have an issue. He's technically supposed to sign the continuation page because it's "his" paper. The G-325A is all about "his" personal info and everything on there is supposed to be what he says. However, you are the petitioner so you obviously have a little something to do with "his" life! There are a few ways around this.

- You can forget about the continuation page (do you really need to list all of his past employment or places of residence?)

- You can sign it for him using the same date he used to sign the G-325A, kind of like you had it all ready to go when he originally did it and he just signed it then. (Disclaimer: This is not legal advice and there's going to be all kinds of "You can't do that" people on here but since we're in the real world, you "can" do it.)

- You can do the continuation page and then put something like "Prepared by XXXXXova, Anna S., Petitioner" and then sign and date it yourself. (You should sign and date it anyway as the petitioner.)

- You can do the whole G-325A over, send it to him, have him sign it all, and then submit the I-129F packet when you get it back.

In all honesty, I'd evaluate how much of a need there is for the continuation page and then just omit it. Unless it's absolutely necessary, do they really need to know he worked at the convenience store before he worked at the ticket window before he worked at the book store before he bagged groceries?

Now, that said, if he lived abroad or in several different cities (and was registered via propiska in several different cities) for more than six months at a time (and thus requires a police check) then you may need a continuation page.

You decide! And either way, the worst that could happen is they send you an RFE (request for further information) asking for his signature on the continuation page.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Thanks alot! I'm sorry you had to go back and look at some of my older posted things. Thanks though!

Hmmm... Ok, so with Vasya's g325a I prepared it after getting all his info and then emailed it to him to sign and send back. In it I listed his university (as in student being his employment) for one of the 5 years. And because the address didn't fit on the page I typed "See attachment"). SO basically I guess I will have to include the attachment ---unless we do it all over again--because we're wayyy too impatient at this point to take up more time. So, Ill take your advice and just sign and date it w/ the date he signed his form.... grrr! This is so stupid!

Now about my shiz... I would LOVE to omit my continuation page, but because I have moved around alot and been a student, everything is all disorganized in terms of simple employment. There's so many gaps and small time-frames so I decided to just attach a sheet since I run out of room by uear 2006! And I am including things like internships (paid and unpaid), training, student (past 5 years only), etc. but if I left all this stuff out I'd really look like I did nothing at all the past 5 years which is just not true! But maybe the USCIS won't care if it looks as if I've been sitting on my ### the past 5 years of my life????

As of:

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Ill take your advice and just sign and date it w/ the date he signed his form.... grrr! This is so stupid!

Now about my shiz... I would LOVE to omit my continuation page, ........ But maybe the USCIS won't care if it looks as if I've been sitting on my ### the past 5 years of my life????

Good call on his G-325A.

USCIS won't care if it looks like you've been sitting on your @$$ the last 5 years. It doesn't matter if you lived here for 4 months and then there for 2 months and then worked at this co-op or that co-op.

Look at it this way, first of all.... are they really going to track down every single place you've lived and verify it? Secondly, how the hell could they? You can barely do it! As far as your jobs... did you pay taxes at those jobs? When you went to school, what did you list as your address and when you worked, did the addresses of work, school, and home all match up? Probably not because life as a student/co-oper is always changing. Stick to a "home of record" (mom's house, first house in U.S., house you lived at longest or what is on W-2 if/when you paid taxes.... etc.) or pick the three houses/addresses you lived at the longest and list those. Same with your jobs. So what if you co-oped at some office for 3 months. You weren't paying taxes were you? I would probably just put "Student" as my one and only job the whole five years. That was your "primary" job, right?

Relax. This isn't an investigation into your past, just simply a way for them to verify you are who you say you are and he is who he says he is. List a few things that can all be verified by other govt. agencies (taxes, school records, etc.) and that's it. Keep it simple, smarty! (KISS!)

Русский форум член.

Ill take your advice and just sign and date it w/ the date he signed his form.... grrr! This is so stupid!

Now about my shiz... I would LOVE to omit my continuation page, ........ But maybe the USCIS won't care if it looks as if I've been sitting on my ### the past 5 years of my life????

Good call on his G-325A.

USCIS won't care if it looks like you've been sitting on your @$ the last 5 years. It doesn't matter if you lived here for 4 months and then there for 2 months and then worked at this co-op or that co-op.

Look at it this way, first of all.... are they really going to track down every single place you've lived and verify it? Secondly, how the hell could they? You can barely do it! As far as your jobs... did you pay taxes at those jobs? When you went to school, what did you list as your address and when you worked, did the addresses of work, school, and home all match up? Probably not because life as a student/co-oper is always changing. Stick to a "home of record" (mom's house, first house in U.S., house you lived at longest or what is on W-2 if/when you paid taxes.... etc.) or pick the three houses/addresses you lived at the longest and list those. Same with your jobs. So what if you co-oped at some office for 3 months. You weren't paying taxes were you? I would probably just put "Student" as my one and only job the whole five years. That was your "primary" job, right?

Relax. This isn't an investigation into your past, just simply a way for them to verify you are who you say you are and he is who he says he is. List a few things that can all be verified by other govt. agencies (taxes, school records, etc.) and that's it. Keep it simple, smarty! (KISS!)

You are so right..! I am being ridiculous about this petition process! I really am over-thinking this whole job thing! I guess I have read almost too much info on these forums...some people say that their initial petition weighed a pound when they shipped it off (which started me thinking just how much info these guys had collected and if it is all necessary) whereas others seemed to have sent just the bare minimum (which got me scared of getting an RFE or something)... So, I guess I should just stop over analyzing and being paranoid and send this thing in, like, NOW! :hehe::whistle::dance:

Thanks so much for helping me out, being straight-up and putting me on the right track! :thumbs: I suppose I will just list my current employment and also write "student" in the box where I'll... For the "Student" thing, I think I'll just write in the last 2 school's I went to addresses. Hope that will satisfy USCIS! (But please tell me if you think otherwise or have a better idea :blush: )

Once again, thanks a million!

Спасибо за все! спасибо за помощь! Ты настоящий друг! (F)

As of:

wub.pngwub.pngwub.png

<333

Now you got it! Send it in, you'll be fine.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.