Achilus

TIME FRAME FOR REMOVAL OF CONDITIONAL RESIDENCY

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

HI ALL,

I Got My Initial GreenCard on 07/21/06 based on marriage with Citizen Spouse. I have had past immigration violation and as per the form I 751 , I should

enclose either the Original or the Court Certified Copy with I 751. All I have a simple photo copies of Initial Court Order and another order of vacating the initial charges - I have neither original nor the Court Certified Copies. So, What should I do ? If needed, how to get the Immigration Court Certified Copies of the Order ?

Beside this, tentatively, I plan to send the Application with Related Evidences of Relationship with my wife, by May 05,2008. By which time should I expect the final approval / decision from the INS ?

Any one being in the same boat , in the past ? Any / All Input is highly appreciated.

Many Thanks in Advance...

-Achilus

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Contact the Court that issued the document originally and request from them a Court certified copy of the documentation you have. You can send them photocopies so they know exactly what it is you require. You may want to hold off submitting your I-751 a few weeks to see if you get those back, and then submit them with the petition. Failing that, then enclose the copies with the I-751, and in the meantime request the court-copies from the Court (you should be able to find the right address by searching on line by the name of the Court). You will probably receive an RFE for the originals if you only send in copies and if you have been able to get them in the meantime, then you just have to mail them back when you receive the RFE.

Ah, the million dollar question . . . when can we expect a decision? No one knows. There is no rhyme or reason why one petition can be approved in 2 months in California and another wait a year in Texas, then get transferred to Vermont and get approved 4 months after the transfer. The range of approvals date from 2 months to those who are approaching 2 years and still waiting.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Other Timeline

Reply_to_Kathryn.txt

Contact the Court that issued the document originally and request from them a Court certified copy of the documentation you have. You can send them photocopies so they know exactly what it is you require. You may want to hold off submitting your I-751 a few weeks to see if you get those back, and then submit them with the petition. Failing that, then enclose the copies with the I-751, and in the meantime request the court-copies from the Court (you should be able to find the right address by searching on line by the name of the Court). You will probably receive an RFE for the originals if you only send in copies and if you have been able to get them in the meantime, then you just have to mail them back when you receive the RFE.

Ah, the million dollar question . . . when can we expect a decision? No one knows. There is no rhyme or reason why one petition can be approved in 2 months in California and another wait a year in Texas, then get transferred to Vermont and get approved 4 months after the transfer. The range of approvals date from 2 months to those who are approaching 2 years and still waiting.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.