L_n_O

AOS Filers - May 2008

914 posts in this topic

it's now time to dance!!! :dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing::dance::dancing:

i received today the Welcome Letter from the USCIS and last Dec 11, day after our AOS interview, i received an email from CRIS for card production ordered! AWESOME!!!

thanks a lot for all the people who helped us on this AOS process! the term thank you is not enough to let you know how much we appreciate all your help, support, assistance and prayers thru this AOS process.

hopefully the card will arrive before as a great xmas gift! again, our warmest thanks!

for those who are still waiting, let's remember that God will always provide. just do your best and pray hard.

God bless everyone!

Congrats on your successful interview and receiving your card production for green card. Our interview is coming up on Tues, Jan 13 at 145pm. Hubby and I are now preparing the docs needed. I've been so busy with work but now I finally got to relax after passing my NCLEX and is now practicing for my DMV drivers license. I've had the driving permit for nearly 9 months, but only started to drive with lessons just last week. I just got done driving hubby around for 2 hrs and says that I seem ready to take the driving test. I plan to have two more sessions before my exam and hope to take my driving test before February. Good luck and god bless..

Good luck on your interview!!! :thumbs:

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FINALLY !!!!

I got our interview letters for my Wife and Child, it was dated on Dec. 8th and the interview is for Feb. 18 at 8:45AM.

Congrats on getting your interview and good luck!! :dance::dance::dance:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
FINALLY !!!!

I got our interview letters for my Wife and Child, it was dated on Dec. 8th and the interview is for Feb. 18 at 8:45AM.

Congrats on getting your interview and good luck!! :dance::dance::dance:

It's been a while since I've checked VJ and I guess I haven't posted my interview sched. I got busy preparing the papers for my interview this coming Tuesday (Jan. 13). I'm tense and a little worried that I have overlooked on a needed document. My husband told me not to worry too much but still I can't help it. Oh well, as i can see her on VJ, those who had their inteview pretty much had a smooth sailing process. I'm hoping mine would be that way too. (Lord, please). :-)

THE K-1 PROCESS

June 14, 2007: Sent I-129F to Texas Service Center (but case was transferred to CSC)

June 27, 2007: Receipt Notice Date

October 29, 2007: Petition is APPROVED! :-)

December 10, 2007: Case received at NVC

December 12, 2007: Case is forwarded to US Embassy!

January 2, 2008: Pay Delbros for Document Verification

January 8, 2008: CFO Seminar

January 23-24, 2008: Early Medical (Original Sched is Feb. 1, 2008)

February 8, 2008: Interview Date (6:30AM)

February 15, 2008: Received Visa :-)

February 27, 2008: Fly to USA... POE: JFK - New York... :-)

March 14, 2008: Applied for SSN

April 18, 2008: Wedding Day :-)

THE AOS PROCESS

May 13, 2008: Sent AOS docs to USCIS including EAD and AP

May 15, 2008: Package was delivered!

May 21, 2008: Check was cashed!

May 20, 2008: Notice Date for AOS, EAD, & AP

May 24, 2008: Received All 3 NOA's in the mail

May 26, 2008: All 3 cases available online (at National Benefit Center or MSC)

June 12, 2008: Biometric Appointment (USCIS Raleigh - Durham, NC)

June 12, 2008: AOS and EAD touched!

July 19, 2008: AP Approved! Approval is sent!

July 22, 2008: Approval status available online!

July 26, 2008: AP received in the mail!

July 28, 2008: EAD card received in the mail! (With July 19 approval date)

Jan. 13, 2009: Interview Date at USCIS - Raleigh/Durham

APPROVED!!!!

Our AOS interview on Jan 13 was very successful, thank you all for your support. Jones, our interviewer, didnt even ask us anything except how we met and our occupations. That was all.. The only problem was that we forget that I needed extra vaccine shots, TD to be exact. Luckily we were able to find a US INS Civil Surgeon, a walk-in clinic in Downtown LA, to get the shot done and only cost $70. After our interview, we got the necessary shots and came back Jan 14 to get the approved conditional visa. Jones was kind enough to update our status in their system, so we also got the USCIS letter stating we were approved and that we only now wait for the actual green card. CRIS also sent an email on the spot so its all updated in USCIS. Yipee, no more USCIS for another 18 months.

Good luck to the rest of you.

Edited by Abby-Ron

Congratulations Abby-Ron!! :thumbs:

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

Our AOS interview on Jan 13 was very successful, thank you all for your support. Jones, our interviewer, didnt even ask us anything except how we met and our occupations. That was all.. The only problem was that we forget that I needed extra vaccine shots, TD to be exact. Luckily we were able to find a US INS Civil Surgeon, a walk-in clinic in Downtown LA, to get the shot done and only cost $70. After our interview, we got the necessary shots and came back Jan 14 to get the approved conditional visa. Jones was kind enough to update our status in their system, so we also got the USCIS letter stating we were approved and that we only now wait for the actual green card. CRIS also sent an email on the spot so its all updated in USCIS. Yipee, no more USCIS for another 18 months.

Congrats!!!

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance:

K1 Timeline

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

AOS

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

ROC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

N400 - Naturalization

08/12/2011 - NOA

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

Hello,

Good news. We're approved!! The interview took about 30 minutes. They asked what we did, how we met, what our daily routine was, asked my husband when my birthday was (which he messed up on!!) and went through each of the questions on the AOS application about criminal acts you may have committed (solicit prostitution, smuggling drugs, etc.) and asked him for each to answer yes or no again. (all nos, I hasten to add) They looked through all our photos and the Christmas card we'd received, our lease, wedding registry, and kept them all in the file, which I wasn't expecting!! I should have taken a copy of the Christmas card and I don't think I would have included the photo of us from Halloween!! I am now the Bride of Frankenstein for all time in our government file. :blush: It was all very nice and pleasant, and she imputed the approval information while we were there, and talked us through the removal of conditions process and when he can apply for citizenship. So, it seems like a longer, more involved interview than most, but still all was well!

Good luck and best wishes to anyone still waiting!!

I-129F sent 7/2007

I-129F approved 2/2008

Marriage: 5/3/08

AOS:

5/19/08 AOS & EAD Filed

5/25/08: NOA1s

7/28/08: Requested an inquiry after 60+ days & no biometrics appt. (or touches)!!

8/27/08: Received response to inquiry and biometrics appt.

9/11/08: Biometrics

9/11/08: EAD card production ordered

9/30/08: 2nd Biometrics (no reason given for second appt.)

1/22/09: AOS Interview - Approved!

Hello,

Good news. We're approved!! The interview took about 30 minutes. They asked what we did, how we met, what our daily routine was, asked my husband when my birthday was (which he messed up on!!) and went through each of the questions on the AOS application about criminal acts you may have committed (solicit prostitution, smuggling drugs, etc.) and asked him for each to answer yes or no again. (all nos, I hasten to add) They looked through all our photos and the Christmas card we'd received, our lease, wedding registry, and kept them all in the file, which I wasn't expecting!! I should have taken a copy of the Christmas card and I don't think I would have included the photo of us from Halloween!! I am now the Bride of Frankenstein for all time in our government file. :blush: It was all very nice and pleasant, and she imputed the approval information while we were there, and talked us through the removal of conditions process and when he can apply for citizenship. So, it seems like a longer, more involved interview than most, but still all was well!

Good luck and best wishes to anyone still waiting!!

Congratulations!!! :dance::dance::dance:

K1 Timeline

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

AOS

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

ROC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

N400 - Naturalization

08/12/2011 - NOA

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi All,

Wanted to give everyone an update on our AOS interview yesterday. It was horrible overall.

We arrived at the USCIS Immigration office 45 minutes early (didn’t want to take any chances on being late, wanted to make sure we could find building, etc). Our appointment was scheduled for 9:30 a.m. As people were called into the private offices, it looked to be about 15 – 30 minutes for an average to be in there.

We were finally called in around 10:30 a.m. Finally, it was our turn. I’ve been reading others experiences on VJ and seemed like quite a few got to stay together during the process. Nope – not our case. My husband was brought to a waiting room close to where I was being questioned. I was asked to put up my right hand and say that everything that I was about to say was the truth, etc. So the questions started. I was expecting maybe 10 questions, nope – not the case, it was more like 50 questions and I’m not exaggerating. The kinds of questions were:

How did the two of you meet, How did you first start to communicate, How long did you know him before he asked to marry you, How did he ask you (online or phone or in person), How long after I got to know him did I meet him in person, Where did I stay when I visited him, How long was I in his country, Who paid for the apartment and entertainment when I stayed in his country, Did I meet his family members, How did I communicate with them if I don’t speak his native tongue, What took so long from the time that we got married to the time that it took him to get to the USA, If I rent or own a home now? Asked for a complete description of the house (how many floors, number of bedrooms, colors of each of the rooms, etc.), Color of bedspread in our room, How many pieces of furniture in our bedroom, how many telephones, how many tv’s in the home now, do we have a garbage disposal, color of carpeting, how the finances work in our home (who pays, etc.). Is spouse working, where, how much does he make, what are his hours, how does he get to work, how many vehicles do we have, make and model of car, salary, does spouse have separate accounts from any joint accounts, etc.

There were more questions, but it really felt more like a drilling session. Like I said, I was prepared for some questions, but to the level of detail I found very interesting. Even asked us very personal questions like if we were using birth control and what kind.

After I was done, I was brought back to the waiting room that my husband was in and told not to talk to him. He was questioned and later was brought back out to the waiting room.

In our case, we have an age difference (I’m older) and that’s a big concern of there’s. Plus he has a checking and savings account that are not joint. When asked if we have a garbage disposal – I said “no” as we don’t. My husband doesn’t even know what a garbage disposal is and thought they meant the disposal of garbage so he said “yes”. He meant do we have garbage pickup and we do. Hahahahaha.

In total we arrived at the Immigration Office at 8:45 a.m. and we left approximately 2:15 p.m. – talk about a long day.

After all the questions, etc. we were told that she needed to talk to her manager to review some things with him and that we’d be contacted if they needed any other documentation and that we’d here in approximately 2 weeks.

Oh and photos – they asked to see photos of my two trips when I visited his country, photos of our wedding reception, and photos since he’s been here in the USA.

If anyone lives in the St. Paul/Mpls area and wants a good immigration attorney – I can tell you who not to get. Ours was late in getting to ours – he totally missed my questioning and arrived in the last hour or so of my husbands.

I’ll keep you all posted on the outcome. Thanks.

05.02.2008 - Sent AOS & EAD package to Chicago.

05.04.2008 - Package recieved in Chicago.

05.09.2008 – Received NOA's.

06.04.2008 - Biometrics appt.

07.25.08 - Work Permission Received in Mail

07.28.08 - Applied for Social Security Number

08.04.08 - Received Social Security Number in Mail

09.29.08 - Started job

01.29.09 - AOS Interview

Hi All,

Wanted to give everyone an update on our AOS interview yesterday. It was horrible overall.

We arrived at the USCIS Immigration office 45 minutes early (didn’t want to take any chances on being late, wanted to make sure we could find building, etc). Our appointment was scheduled for 9:30 a.m. As people were called into the private offices, it looked to be about 15 – 30 minutes for an average to be in there.

We were finally called in around 10:30 a.m. Finally, it was our turn. I’ve been reading others experiences on VJ and seemed like quite a few got to stay together during the process. Nope – not our case. My husband was brought to a waiting room close to where I was being questioned. I was asked to put up my right hand and say that everything that I was about to say was the truth, etc. So the questions started. I was expecting maybe 10 questions, nope – not the case, it was more like 50 questions and I’m not exaggerating. The kinds of questions were:

How did the two of you meet, How did you first start to communicate, How long did you know him before he asked to marry you, How did he ask you (online or phone or in person), How long after I got to know him did I meet him in person, Where did I stay when I visited him, How long was I in his country, Who paid for the apartment and entertainment when I stayed in his country, Did I meet his family members, How did I communicate with them if I don’t speak his native tongue, What took so long from the time that we got married to the time that it took him to get to the USA, If I rent or own a home now? Asked for a complete description of the house (how many floors, number of bedrooms, colors of each of the rooms, etc.), Color of bedspread in our room, How many pieces of furniture in our bedroom, how many telephones, how many tv’s in the home now, do we have a garbage disposal, color of carpeting, how the finances work in our home (who pays, etc.). Is spouse working, where, how much does he make, what are his hours, how does he get to work, how many vehicles do we have, make and model of car, salary, does spouse have separate accounts from any joint accounts, etc.

There were more questions, but it really felt more like a drilling session. Like I said, I was prepared for some questions, but to the level of detail I found very interesting. Even asked us very personal questions like if we were using birth control and what kind.

After I was done, I was brought back to the waiting room that my husband was in and told not to talk to him. He was questioned and later was brought back out to the waiting room.

In our case, we have an age difference (I’m older) and that’s a big concern of there’s. Plus he has a checking and savings account that are not joint. When asked if we have a garbage disposal – I said “no” as we don’t. My husband doesn’t even know what a garbage disposal is and thought they meant the disposal of garbage so he said “yes”. He meant do we have garbage pickup and we do. Hahahahaha.

In total we arrived at the Immigration Office at 8:45 a.m. and we left approximately 2:15 p.m. – talk about a long day.

After all the questions, etc. we were told that she needed to talk to her manager to review some things with him and that we’d be contacted if they needed any other documentation and that we’d here in approximately 2 weeks.

Oh and photos – they asked to see photos of my two trips when I visited his country, photos of our wedding reception, and photos since he’s been here in the USA.

If anyone lives in the St. Paul/Mpls area and wants a good immigration attorney – I can tell you who not to get. Ours was late in getting to ours – he totally missed my questioning and arrived in the last hour or so of my husbands.

Sorry about the horrible interview you've been through. I would say yours is one of the most personal and intensive interview experience I've read.I hope you'll not be subjected to further delays and you will get your green card soon on the mail (F)

K1 Timeline

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

AOS

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

ROC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

N400 - Naturalization

08/12/2011 - NOA

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline
Hi All,

Hi CairoBound

Sorry to hear about your experience! I am also in the Mpls area and have my interview this week. Yikes! I am nervous, but hopeful that things will go OK. I wish you all the best.

nmm

Edited by nmm

CairoBound,

I am SO sorry. What an ordeal, and then to be left waiting and not get an answer! And considering they called you in an hour after your appointment, it's insane that your lawyer wasn't there.

Good luck!! I hope everything works out for you.

I-129F sent 7/2007

I-129F approved 2/2008

Marriage: 5/3/08

AOS:

5/19/08 AOS & EAD Filed

5/25/08: NOA1s

7/28/08: Requested an inquiry after 60+ days & no biometrics appt. (or touches)!!

8/27/08: Received response to inquiry and biometrics appt.

9/11/08: Biometrics

9/11/08: EAD card production ordered

9/30/08: 2nd Biometrics (no reason given for second appt.)

1/22/09: AOS Interview - Approved!

• 2 weeks later...

Justing dropping by to see how everyone's doin.. looks like no updates. As for us, I finally got my green card back in Jan 28, 2009. Good luck to everyone...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
CairoBound,

I am SO sorry. What an ordeal, and then to be left waiting and not get an answer! And considering they called you in an hour after your appointment, it's insane that your lawyer wasn't there.

Good luck!! I hope everything works out for you.

Hi B-R & A! Congratulations to your GC! Finally, our agonies are over!

Thank God! Woooohhhhooo!!!

Hi Fellow May filers! I've been really really really busy lately!

Just want to let you know all that I got my GC last Dec 22. It was the best gift I had last Christmas!

God bless for all those waiting.

God is good all the time!

K-1 Visa Timeline

04/03/07 - Engagement Day

06/05/07 - NOA1 according to USCIS Website

10/16/07 - NOA2 according to CRIS - THANK YOU OH LORD!

01/08/08 - Embassy Interview - Thank God! Thanks VJs!

02/23/08 - POE = LAX >>> Goodbye my beloved Pinas!

03/13/08 - Civil Wedding in 90210

04/19/08 - Church wedding in Azusa

AOS Timeline

05/24/08 - NOA1 dates for I-485/AOS and I-765/EAD

07/22/08 - Biometrics Appointment at South El Monte, CA for I-485 only; Application Touched!

08/13/08 - RFE letter received in the mail

08/22/08 - Reply to RFE sent...Oh Lord, please guide us!

08/27/08 - RFE response received; Case resumed

09/13/08 - EAD card received

12/10/08 - AOS Interview in Los Angeles - APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD FOREVER!

12/22/08 - Green Card Received - THANKS GOD!!! Thanks our VJ FAMILY!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline

09/13/10 - Form I-751 Packet Sent thru USPS

09/14/10 - NOA1 Date (09/15/10 on the uscis website)

09/15/10 - $545 Check Cashed

09/18/10 - Received NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Appointment

01/06/11 - ROC Approval Date/Card Production Ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.