JamesRachel

After the Bad Medical Experience

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its been 4 months now, since I been having a Early Medical Exam at St. Lukes. I was excited in first place before i go at Slec and hoping that i can have my Medical result as early i was expected and wait my Interview time at USEM. But all the feelings was turned into Blue when they tell me that i will doing a sputum test and wait 2 months for culture result. Mixed emotions, Depress, disappointed, and Lonely all the expectation those time was really cant imagine and express.

After 6 weeks to wait they called me to go back at Slec and to get my result. Expected so much the result was good and there is no trouble in my health but then all the depression, disappointed and lonelyI felt was more worst when the Doctor confirm me that i was have a inactive TB and need to have a Medication it takes 6 months.....Lesson: Don`t too much expect too much it will make you disappointment and depress more. To make you unhappy and hard to accept the Reality. Do i hear it good when Doctor said 6 months of Treatment? You how long it was and to be waited again? 6 months of treatment and to be wait to be with my Husband again.

My husband was expected too that I dont have any problem with my Health. But those time the fate was not us, Im not lucky like others those time. Now, How do I tell my husband that I am going to have a 6 months medication? Where to I start to tell him that I was infected and have a TB that needs to have a 6 months Medication? Worried! Scared! I was so scared more to tell him co`z i was thought there was changes his feelings to me. ( Lesson: Trust you Husband/Fiancee/Fiance with all your Heart and Soul.)

But still I decided to call Him and tell him all what is going on my Medical result, unexpectedly in the middle of conversation tears was flow in my eyes when I explaining him whats going on but my Husband stay clam, listen, understand my feelings, cheer me up those time even I was know his feeling that he was affected too for my Medical result. Lesson: Don`t doubt his Love to you, He loves you much more than what you think think of.. My husband, My Love and My Best friend showed me how what Love more means and ear to listened my depression. I am Lucky have a husband and friend like him.

But, even i realized I am lucky. I still have made a DABDA. Denial= that i dont have a TB. Even I was start already my Medication at St. Luke I still deny that i dont have infected. Angry= to the people at SLEC and God why Me. Every time i go there at St. Luke I was felt so much bad to them co`z I will gonna wait 6 months, expensive to go there everyday just to take a Medicines. Yes, they not allowed you to bring your Medicines you always go there everyday at St. Lukes to take your Medicines and Yes, I was spent a lots of money for my Transportation, most of all you can always tired and inhale the polluted air in the street.Bargaining= my anger was passed and I ask forgiveness to God what all I said to him. Depression= for what happened me. I still have a depression co`z takes so long to me to be with my husband. Acceptance= I calm and wait the God`s will now and believe he plan us the best time to Me and my Husband one day to be reunited again. And 6 months is good for the lifetime Happiness together with my Husband in the best time to reunite again. ( Lesson: Believe him (Jesus) whatever happened your life co`z He was really knows what best you are in this time. He has something planned to you and He was prepared you the lifetime Happiness.)

And Now, Yes Now! I am almost 3 months of treatment and try to move on now with Happiness and Love with husband, most specially faith in God. And I was taken as of now a short course while I having Medication May 2, 2008 will be my first X-ray test and I already lift up to God all what happened co`z he was know what the best to me this time. By my help, support to my Husband and my loving family. ( Don`t give up.)

" God Is Good All the Time. "

12-05-08 Arrived at Detroit Airport

12-06-08 Cincinnati, Ohio

12-13- 08 Detroit, Maine ( Home )

01-25-09 Sent EAD to St. Albans, Vermont

01-27-09 Confirm St. Albans, Vermont received!

03-30-09 Approval notice sent

03-31-09 EAD sent for printing

04-01-09 EAD Card Mailed

04-04-09 EAD Card in Hand

04-07-09 Applied SSN ( need to wait a 10 days or 2 weeks to deliver)

01-15-2011 10 yrs Green Card Receive

[

Rachel,

I am touched with what you have been through. I believe God has his reason and you will be amazed when it will be revealed to you. God bless you .

God is Great .. God is good... all the time..

N_-400

12/13/2010- SEnt The packet

12/22/2010- The packet was returned due to missing page.

12/23/2010- Resend the packet with complete pages.

12/29/2010- Check cashed in

01/03/2010- Receive NOA

01/10/2011- Email from USCIS for the Required Evidence( Finger printing)

01/26/2011-Biometric Schedule

02/07/2011-USCIS online status update-

02/12/2011- Received Interview Letter Scheduled March 14

02/12/2011- Received Descheduled letter

02/17/2011- USCIS online Status update

02/22/2011-New IL arrived schedule for March 29

02/22/2011-Descheduled Letter Again ( 2nd Time)

02/23/2011- I called USCIS and I was told new schedule in the computer for March 22

02/23/2011-USCIS ONline update....

03/01/2011-Interview Letter for March 22 @ 7:15 AM

03/22/2011- Interview and Oath; US Citizen

Timeline

Thank you for sharing you experience. I admire your faith and your relationship with your husband. God bless you.

K-3 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage : 2007-05-24

I-130 Sent : 2007-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-15 receipt date

I-130 NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

I-129F Sent : 2008-02-29

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-03-03

I-129F RFE(s) : None

RFE Reply(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-08-26 (email)

I-129F NOA2: 2008-09-02 Hardcopy

NVC Received :2008-09-04

NVC Left : 2008-09-04

Consulate Received :2008-09-12

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Medical: 2008-09-23,24

Sputum Test Passed, complete medical: 2008-12-08

Interview Date : 2008-12-22, White Slips, need current marriage index and CENOMAR

Visa Received : 2009-01-19

US Entry : 2009-02-01

I-130 Approval : 2008-08-26

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 364 days from your filing date.

Filed: Timeline
Its been 4 months now, since I been having a Early Medical Exam at St. Lukes. I was excited in first place before i go at Slec and hoping that i can have my Medical result as early i was expected and wait my Interview time at USEM. But all the feelings was turned into Blue when they tell me that i will doing a sputum test and wait 2 months for culture result. Mixed emotions, Depress, disappointed, and Lonely all the expectation those time was really cant imagine and express.

After 6 weeks to wait they called me to go back at Slec and to get my result. Expected so much the result was good and there is no trouble in my health but then all the depression, disappointed and lonelyI felt was more worst when the Doctor confirm me that i was have a inactive TB and need to have a Medication it takes 6 months.....Lesson: Don`t too much expect too much it will make you disappointment and depress more. To make you unhappy and hard to accept the Reality. Do i hear it good when Doctor said 6 months of Treatment? You how long it was and to be waited again? 6 months of treatment and to be wait to be with my Husband again.

My husband was expected too that I dont have any problem with my Health. But those time the fate was not us, Im not lucky like others those time. Now, How do I tell my husband that I am going to have a 6 months medication? Where to I start to tell him that I was infected and have a TB that needs to have a 6 months Medication? Worried! Scared! I was so scared more to tell him co`z i was thought there was changes his feelings to me. ( Lesson: Trust you Husband/Fiancee/Fiance with all your Heart and Soul.)

But still I decided to call Him and tell him all what is going on my Medical result, unexpectedly in the middle of conversation tears was flow in my eyes when I explaining him whats going on but my Husband stay clam, listen, understand my feelings, cheer me up those time even I was know his feeling that he was affected too for my Medical result. Lesson: Don`t doubt his Love to you, He loves you much more than what you think think of.. My husband, My Love and My Best friend showed me how what Love more means and ear to listened my depression. I am Lucky have a husband and friend like him.

But, even i realized I am lucky. I still have made a DABDA. Denial= that i dont have a TB. Even I was start already my Medication at St. Luke I still deny that i dont have infected. Angry= to the people at SLEC and God why Me. Every time i go there at St. Luke I was felt so much bad to them co`z I will gonna wait 6 months, expensive to go there everyday just to take a Medicines. Yes, they not allowed you to bring your Medicines you always go there everyday at St. Lukes to take your Medicines and Yes, I was spent a lots of money for my Transportation, most of all you can always tired and inhale the polluted air in the street.Bargaining= my anger was passed and I ask forgiveness to God what all I said to him. Depression= for what happened me. I still have a depression co`z takes so long to me to be with my husband. Acceptance= I calm and wait the God`s will now and believe he plan us the best time to Me and my Husband one day to be reunited again. And 6 months is good for the lifetime Happiness together with my Husband in the best time to reunite again. ( Lesson: Believe him (Jesus) whatever happened your life co`z He was really knows what best you are in this time. He has something planned to you and He was prepared you the lifetime Happiness.)

And Now, Yes Now! I am almost 3 months of treatment and try to move on now with Happiness and Love with husband, most specially faith in God. And I was taken as of now a short course while I having Medication May 2, 2008 will be my first X-ray test and I already lift up to God all what happened co`z he was know what the best to me this time. By my help, support to my Husband and my loving family. ( Don`t give up.)

" God Is Good All the Time. "

Rachel,

For the very first time in my life, I found someone that no matter what comes my way.. I know that Zandy will be there for me/us. From reading your post, You have also found the same with James. I wish you and James the very best..

God bless you..

1_678006162l.jpg

x6myw1.jpg

1589m5i.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am so proud of you... i really am touched.. there is always sunshine after the the storm... ive been inspiring people here and giving them words of encouragement, but by reading your post...it turned otherwise u inspired me. i dont think i need to say more.

again im proud of you. advance congrats.. youve been through tough times... and tomorrow... everything will be easy...

im sorry i dont know what to say, youre full of inspiration. you are so blessed to have that kind of courage.

God bless you more

1_280971304l.jpg

1_962753823l.jpg1_759630180l.jpg

1_812926551l.jpg

05-24-08 - POE JFK

06-10-08 - applied SSN (06-16-08 - received SSN card with maiden name)

06-21-08 - wedding day

06-24-08 - applied for SSN change of last name ( 07-02-08 - received SSN card with married name)

08-07-08 - AOS packet sent thru Fedex

08-08-08 - AOS packet received by USCIS

08-14-08 - NOA 1 date for AOS, EAD and AP

08-25-08 - Biometrics schedule received

09-05-08 - BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENT

09-08-08 - TOUCHED (I-485 and EAD)

09-17-08 - I-485 transferred to California Service Center

09-19-08 - I-485 TOUCHED (received mail same day about the transfer too)

10-03/06/07-08 - I-485 TOUCHED

10-21-08 - I-131 AP APPROVED

10-22-08 - I-765 EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

10-27-08 - RECEIVED AP in mail and I-765 touched again online

10-29-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 was sent out today

10-30-08 - Notice of Approval for I-765 touched again then RECEIVED THE EAD CARD the same day

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Rachel! hats off to you! you seem to be a strong person. DABDA is an abbreviation for the set of coping mechanisms, seeing you are going through with these, is a sign that you are determined to reach your goal.Keep going girl! everything will be fine. Make sure to comply with your medicines and time will run fast. Your story touched me.

Good luck and you'll be be in our prayers. (L)

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

3 months down and 3 months left to go!!! You are doing good rachel :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

i have a daily dose of e-devotional and I guess it seems really appropriate for your situation and for all who are waiting and hoping for something. Let me share this devotional by Leslie Snyder, who happens to be one of my favorite Christian author.

April Showers Bring May Flowers

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.—Ecclesiastes 3: 1

If April showers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring?

Pilgrims!

This favorite kid’s joke has been around a long time. It never changes. It’s always corny but year after year around springtime, this joke surfaces and kids’ faces light up every time they tell it to someone. Knock-knock jokes are the same way. Here’s my favorite.

Knock-knock?

Who’s there?

Panther.

Panther who?

You’re panther down, better pull them up!

I laugh every time I hear this joke, and laugh through it every time I tell it. Again, like the Pilgrim joke, the punch line never changes. It’s 100% predictable, but it makes me laugh every time. Spring is also a lot like a good knock-knock joke. You know what to expect every year, but like an anticipated punch line, it brings great joy whenever you experience it.

Whether it’s the return of the songbirds, the presence of robins in your yard, the burst of color from tulips, daffodils, and other flowers that have slept through the winter or the gentle rustling of the new leaves on the trees, spring is a glorious time of new life and new hope It brings with it an unexplainable joy. The writer of Ecclesiastes recognized the timing and seasons of life. He said there is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.

Aren’t you thankful that spring returns every year? How dull, hopeless, and dreary life would become if not for the promise of the return of spring each March. A life without spring reminds me of the fantasy city of Narnia in C.S. Lewis’s The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. The Witch has taken over the land of Narnia and has turned the land into perpetual winter. Life is frozen in time and the promise of new life is gone. Fortunately for us, we have the hope of new life and each spring we get a glimpse of just how beautiful that new life is.

Today, turn off the TV, grab your family, and get outside to take a walk or bike ride, or play in the park. Notice the signs of new life all around you. ‘Tis the season!

Ecclesiastes 3: 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time.

I admire you more making your waiting time more valuable by taking a short course. Maybe that is what God intended, for you to be more prepared for the transition of life in the US by giving you a chance to enhance your knowledge and in God's perfect time you will be more ready to be with your husband.

Stay strong, continue to make your remaining days in the Philippines valuable and continue holding on to God in everything and for everything.

God be your constant refuge and strength. (F)

Edited by dbears

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

I'm sorry to hear that.... but if it's latent TB you are not contagious at all.. u just have to undergo treatment and i guess you'll be ok... nurses(i suppose you're a nurse cuz you know DABDA :) ) are prone to be infected with that disease cuz we are exposed to our patient everyday with only BCG as protection... My friend have the same experience.. she was very upset.. she's supposed to be in New Zealand April 24th to work there as a nurse.. But St. Luke found out that she has latent TB.. she's under treatment now..

Don't worry too much because you have a very loving husband,. who's willing to support you and who is there for you in sickness and in health....

Keep on praying and stay pretty.. :yes:

God bless you and my prayers are with you...

Timeline

Rachel,

I admire you for your strong faith in God. I hope that everyone who has a problem can be as strong as you are.

Don't worry because God always listen to His children and He never fails.

Keep the faith alive. God is good :)

God bless you and May you be with partner very soon (F)

PiNk

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your post really touched my heart. It almost well my eyes. God bless you and I pray the best for you and your coming home to your husband's arms, SOON!

Thank you for sharing your experience. It inspires people. :thumbs:

-Riza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Im touched on your story. If im in your shoes, i'll feel the same way. Dont worry, Im sure your husband will be always on your side to support and care for u. JUST ALWAYS HAVE FAITH IN HIM!

10/xx/2006 - Met my Fiance in a dating website

12/xx/2006 - First Date in person

01/xx/2007 - 10 day visit of my BF & Official BF/GF relationship

02/xx/2007 - Applied for Tourist visa for Japan (Approved)

04/xx/2007 - Went to Japan to visit BF

08/xx/2007 & 09/xx/2007 - Another visit and decided to file K1 visa

11/xx/2007 - I129F sent to CSC

12/xx/2007 - Spent another long vacation here in Phil & He proposed to me

02/xx/2008 - Celebrate Valentine's together here

03/xx/2008 - NOA2 received thru email

03/xx/2008 - Confirmation letter recd thru mail

04/24/2008 - Medical Exam...PASSED

05/20/2008 - Interview Date (LORD, Please HELP us...Mama Mary, GUIDE us)

thanks for being to strong...you serve as inspiration to us and to others who are going through the same situation like yours....God has a better plan than what we want...we may never understand it now but eventually when we get to know the real purpose behind it...we will be thankful to HIM....keep the faith....God bless always....

Keep the faith and don't lose hope.You'll be with your husband after you get your treatment and that's what important.Good luck on your coming x-ray test this May.

K1 Timeline

02/26/2007 - Filed I-129F

03/08/2007 - NOA1

06/05/2007 - NOA2

09/10/2007 - Interview

09/13/2007 - Visa Received

12/14/2007 - Flight to USA, POE-LAX

02/22/2008 - Wedding Date

AOS

05/29/2008 - I-485 received at Chicago Lockbox

06/19/2008 - Biometrics

08/25/2008 - Card production ordered

08/30/2008 - Green Card received

ROC

07/15/2010 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

07/19/2010 - NOA1

07/21/2010 - Check cleared

08/11/2010 - Biometrics

08/24/2010 - Card production ordered

08/27/2010 - Approval notice received

08/30/2010 - Green card received

N400 - Naturalization

08/08/2011 - Mailed N400 to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

08/12/2011 - NOA

08/15/2011 - Check cashed

09/07/2011 - Biometrics

09/09/2011 - Case status update - In line for testing & interview

09/13/2011 - Case status update - Interview scheduled

09/16/2011 - Interview appointment letter received from the mail

10/31/2011 - Test/Interview - Passed

12/07/2011 - In line for Oath Ceremony Scheduling

01/27/2012 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are blessed with a strong heart! It was normal of course to feel bad and depressed at first, but God knows you are strong in faith.

And keep doing so... Yes you inspired us! I always pray to God to bless me with a strong faith. And you´re blessed because you got one!

Keep your head up and look up to the Lord and continue praising Him, because God has said :

" ...NEVER WILL I LEAVE YOU; NEVER WILL I FORSAKE YOU." (Hebrew13: 5)

God bless you always....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.