babyvet18fe

original packet

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Uruguay
Timeline

I've already sent my I-129F out and included my fiance's birth certificate, divorce papers, etc. with it. It looks as if I will need this info for the second packet. Will I need to re-send info that I already included in the first packet? I didn't realize that there were numerous packets...why don't they just ask for everything up front to speed all this stuff up?.

I also included our G-325A forms with the original application...was I suppose to wait to send those things? I didn't send the I-134 as I just learned about that from this website...was I supposed to send that with my I-129F or will they ask for that later? Also, I paid the 455.00 with the application....are there any other fees that I will need to worry about for the fiance visa?

Thank you, any help or tips would be greatly appriciated!

-Jamie

Filed: Timeline
I've already sent my I-129F out and included my fiance's birth certificate, divorce papers, etc. with it. It looks as if I will need this info for the second packet. Will I need to re-send info that I already included in the first packet? I didn't realize that there were numerous packets...why don't they just ask for everything up front to speed all this stuff up?.

I also included our G-325A forms with the original application...was I suppose to wait to send those things? I didn't send the I-134 as I just learned about that from this website...was I supposed to send that with my I-129F or will they ask for that later? Also, I paid the 455.00 with the application....are there any other fees that I will need to worry about for the fiance visa?

they dont ask for everything up front because they dont need everything up front. When you send it to the csc or vsc they only need the i-129f petition packet, but when you send things to the embassy (this is after they have received your approved petition packet from nvc) then you send in financial information as well as medical, police, and other things.

were you supposed to send in the fiances birth certificate or divorce papers, etc.? I don't remember haha. You need to send in everything that is required to send in. If they don't ask you for certain papers in the first packet, yet you send them anyways, and they ask for these same papers in the third packet, yes you still need to send these in with the third packet. you have to follow all directions unless you want to get an RFE.

why didnt you read the guides, they are VERY helpful. did you even read the guides when you assembled your packet? you were SUPPOSED to send the g-325a biographic information. did you send it for both YOU AND YOUR FIANCE? no you were not supposed to send the i-134. you dont need that until you tgo to the embassy.

yes there are other fees DOWN THE ROAD. right now no more fees, but when your petition is approved then you need to pay a visa fee (you need to look up this fee as it pertains to your countries embassy) and you need to pay the medical fees as well as possibly a police report fee depending on the country you are applying for.

I think you really need to read the guides, as all your questions have been answered 100 times before haha.

good luck

Timeline

they dont ask for everything up front because they dont need everything up front. When you send it to the csc or vsc they only need the i-129f petition packet, but when you send things to the embassy (this is after they have received your approved petition packet from nvc) then you send in financial information as well as medical, police, and other things.

were you supposed to send in the fiances birth certificate or divorce papers, etc.? I don't remember haha. You need to send in everything that is required to send in. If they don't ask you for certain papers in the first packet, yet you send them anyways, and they ask for these same papers in the third packet, yes you still need to send these in with the third packet. you have to follow all directions unless you want to get an RFE.

why didnt you read the guides, they are VERY helpful. did you even read the guides when you assembled your packet? you were SUPPOSED to send the g-325a biographic information. did you send it for both YOU AND YOUR FIANCE? no you were not supposed to send the i-134. you dont need that until you tgo to the embassy.

yes there are other fees DOWN THE ROAD. right now no more fees, but when your petition is approved then you need to pay a visa fee (you need to look up this fee as it pertains to your countries embassy) and you need to pay the medical fees as well as possibly a police report fee depending on the country you are applying for.

I think you really need to read the guides, as all your questions have been answered 100 times before haha.

good luck

I did read the guides that was with the I-129F I guess I just got nervous that I'd done something wrong after reading all of the posts and just wanted some reassurane? I didn't think that asking the questions would hurt.

Thank you

-Jamie

i understand you were worried. just wanted to make sure you read the guides so you dont get an RFE. an RFE slows things down a lot.

you should be okay as long as you followed the guides, included everything that was necessary, etc.

now it's just the waiting that you gotta deal with. did you file with vsc or csc?

Timeline
i understand you were worried. just wanted to make sure you read the guides so you dont get an RFE. an RFE slows things down a lot.

you should be okay as long as you followed the guides, included everything that was necessary, etc.

now it's just the waiting that you gotta deal with. did you file with vsc or csc?

I filed with California and I am miserable without my fiance. He was living here 8 months out of every year for the past five years and we have been together for three of those years. He was here on an H-2B visa and we planned on getting married this year when he came back. Unfortunately there weren't enough visas this year and so now we are stuck waiting on the fiance visa. We couldn't get married before because we had to wait for his divorce papers (which we have now).

-Jamie

I filed with California and I am miserable without my fiance. He was living here 8 months out of every year for the past five years and we have been together for three of those years. He was here on an H-2B visa and we planned on getting married this year when he came back. Unfortunately there weren't enough visas this year and so now we are stuck waiting on the fiance visa. We couldn't get married before because we had to wait for his divorce papers (which we have now).

Hey yea I filed with csc as well, and I am too miserable. I've spent nine of the past 12 months with my fiance, and it just SUCKS not being with her ya know. I definitely know what you're going through, it's a horrible process but hopefully the end result (an approved visa) will be WELL WORTH it. Just think, after the visa is approved (knock on wood) we never have to be separated from our loved ones again!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Just wanted to add you DID have to submit your fiance's divorce decree (translated to english) with the I-129F to prove that you are both legally free to marry. In theory the birth certificate of the foreign fiance is not required at this point, but some VJers have received RFE's asking for it.

Edited by eric_and_teresa

APPLIED FOR NATURALIZATION 07/2021

08.01.2011 - I-751 SENT

08.05.2011 - Check cashed

08.08.2011- NOA Received

08.19.2011 - Biometrics Letter Received

09.12.2011 - Biometrics Appointment

01.27.2012 - Card production ordered

02.01.2012 - 10 year GC Received

07.25.2021 - N400 filed online

08.09.2021- Biometrics re-use notice

04.18.2022- Interview done at Minneapolis USCIS Local Office   ✔️ Received N-652 "Congratulations your application has been recommended for approval" during the interview.

05.19.2022- Oath Ceremony in MN

hey babyvet18fe,

Just re-read my first response to your question. Realized i came off a bit rude. didn't intend for it to be like that haha, it was more of my collective thoughts and trying to answer each question individually that probably made it seem that way, so sorry if i came across as brash. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.