Nosotros

certificados antecedentes

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Here's the reciprocity agreement on the travel.state.gov website...

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc..._3649.html#docs

It clearly does NOT state anything about the other two forms, but it does talk about the police certificate. And, it looks like this one can also be rec'd in Lima. So, maybe we did it the wrong way, but it was accepted! :)

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, I asked in the IR1/CR1 forum since they have to submit these documents to the NVC before the interview at the embassy and this is what was said, hope it helps:

Diana, these are three PC`s that my husband sent to NVC with his DS-230 form.

(1) a police certificate ("Certificado Policial") from the Peruvian National Police office where they live; and (2) a national record of prior sentences served ("Certificado de Antecedentes Penales"), provided by the Poder Judicial office at Av. Abancay in Lima.If the applicant is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months, and is 18 years old or older, then the applicant needs: three separate certificates -- numbers 1 and 2 above plus, (3) a national record of prior court appearances ("Antecedentes Judiciales a Nivel Nacional") which is available at the INPE Office located at Jr. Carabaya 456 in Lima.

US Embassy in Lima

VJ Thread

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
Ok, I asked in the IR1/CR1 forum since they have to submit these documents to the NVC before the interview at the embassy and this is what was said, hope it helps:

Diana, these are three PC`s that my husband sent to NVC with his DS-230 form.

(1) a police certificate ("Certificado Policial") from the Peruvian National Police office where they live; and (2) a national record of prior sentences served ("Certificado de Antecedentes Penales"), provided by the Poder Judicial office at Av. Abancay in Lima.If the applicant is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months, and is 18 years old or older, then the applicant needs: three separate certificates -- numbers 1 and 2 above plus, (3) a national record of prior court appearances ("Antecedentes Judiciales a Nivel Nacional") which is available at the INPE Office located at Jr. Carabaya 456 in Lima.

US Embassy in Lima

VJ Thread

Diana

:) She beat me to it! I never even found this site when I was hunting, yay!

AOS & getting the SSN & the I-693

6/13/08 Applied for SSN for David ----- TRIP 1; 6/23/08 Went back to SSA 'cuz the person didn't pc all documents (rec'd letter from them) ----- TRIP 2

7/2/08 Received David's health insurance cards! Yay!

7/3/08 Went back to SSA; they said come back 7/9 if he still hasn't received it ----- TRIP 3

7/8/08 Got list of vaccines he still needed from CS by fax/phone; tested for immunity to MMR (only vaccine still needed) at our family dr

7/9 & 7/10/08 Went back to SSA, card still not received - Denied opportunity to apply for replacement ----- TRIP 4; Went back to SSA again to apply for a replacement card - Talked to a supervisor this time, POE people entered his last name incorrectly ----- TRIP 5; went to get David's ID thru the State, denied - instructions wrong on website; measles test inconclusive, another test needed; requested new lease

7/14/08 SSA called me in regards to problems at local SSA office

7/15/08 INFOPASS appt to fix POE name input error and then went to airport to fix POE name error

7/17/08 Received SSN card in mail and went to get state ID

7/21/08 State ID received in the mail and tested again for measles immunity

7/29/08 MMR shot #2 given and dropped off papers at Civil Surgeon (CS)

7/31/08 Picked up I-693, completed by local CS, (I paid $25, don't be fooled)

8/3 - 8/6/08 Worked on forms I-485, G-325A, I-864, I-765 and I-131; sent to Chicago - YESSS!

8/11/08 NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP; 9/2/08 Transfered to CSC; 9/4/08 Biometrics

10/24/08 Rec'd AP; 10/27/08 Rec'd EAD; 11/24/08 Rec'd GC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thanks for all the helpfull info ladies. I think I have this certificados thing down. To be on the safe side, I have had her take out a cert. policiales from both La merced and Lima. Shannon, I don't think you guys did it the wrong way, because if that cert could only be obtained from Lima, you would have already found out the hard way; as you said, he obtained it from his home town, so clearly acceptable for each place/town/whatever you lived in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.