DeadPoolX

Adventures in Cleaning!

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Well... it's sometimes amazing how someone (like myself) can be so smart in some areas but so incredibly dumb in others. Take, for instance, the areas of cooking and cleaning. Now I am by no means suggesting these are the sole domain of women. However, my wife is far more educated in this realm than I.

The last time I attempted to cook something (which wasn't even that difficult, if I recall correctly), I nearly committed arson. More recently, however, I decided that I should clean my bathroom. At the moment, I have an important paper to write, therefore, in the name of procrastination, mass cleaning was about to commence. Believe it or not, there's actually a Facebook group dedicated to this as well, so I'm not the only one who does this (which is good to know).

So I took spray bottle of Lysol and decided to start cleaning. Before I continue, I just want to add that I have an advanced background in such areas as medicine, chemistry, genetics, etc. The reason I'm adding this in isn't to "pat myself on the back" but to hopefully explain the absurdity of my situation. This Lysol spray apparently has bleach in it and for some reason or another, I never bothered to check this or if I did, I didn't take notice. Whatever the case, I used it and probably too much of it. Can anyone here see where this is headed?

The vapors from my now bleach-infused bathroom permeated not only the lavatory, but the rest of my apartment. I suppose I got a bit carried away with the spraying, as I tend to do. That might explain why my mother didn't let me "help" her use the Glass Plus as a child. Of course, that didn't -- and still doesn't -- have bleach in it. The fumes from the bleach started irritating my eyes, nose, throat and I began coughing. I even started having a "heavy weight-like" feeling on my chest, in addition to mild pain there as well.

So I knew this wasn't a good thing. I quickly opened up my windows, turned the AC fans on (instead of leaving them on "auto") and placed my air purifier in the bathroom, turning that up to the highest setting. I also called my wife to tell her. She was displeased overall and questioned my sanity (what little there is left of it) in my cleaning technique, but happy to know I got to work dealing with the situation. At present, I am pleased to report that the odor has been slowly -- but surely -- dissipating and the side-effects I was experiencing before are now gone.

Since my bathroom is still a bit "smelly," however, I plan on telling my wife that when I relieve myself, I make use of my balcony. Her response will be golden, I promise you. :D

Anyway... that's my story. I now know that I shouldn't use bleach products to clean or if I do, I should use far less of them -- and as G.I. JOE said back in the 1980s: "Knowing is half the battle!"

Yes, this is what my wife has to put up with. Please send all condolences my way and I will forward them on to her. Thank you. :innocent:

Not half as much as the police officer's. :innocent:

I for one like the smell of bleach and use it quite often(diluted with warm water),lol I wipe down almost anything that one touches, of course not on anythign that can be ruined! Love that smell of bleach, wife doesnt feel the same though

Only two smells men like, bleach and burning rubber. :lol: I too use diluted bleach to wipe things down.

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Timeline
Well... it's sometimes amazing how someone (like myself) can be so smart in some areas but so incredibly dumb in others. Take, for instance, the areas of cooking and cleaning. Now I am by no means suggesting these are the sole domain of women. However, my wife is far more educated in this realm than I.

The last time I attempted to cook something (which wasn't even that difficult, if I recall correctly), I nearly committed arson. More recently, however, I decided that I should clean my bathroom. At the moment, I have an important paper to write, therefore, in the name of procrastination, mass cleaning was about to commence. Believe it or not, there's actually a Facebook group dedicated to this as well, so I'm not the only one who does this (which is good to know).

So I took spray bottle of Lysol and decided to start cleaning. Before I continue, I just want to add that I have an advanced background in such areas as medicine, chemistry, genetics, etc. The reason I'm adding this in isn't to "pat myself on the back" but to hopefully explain the absurdity of my situation. This Lysol spray apparently has bleach in it and for some reason or another, I never bothered to check this or if I did, I didn't take notice. Whatever the case, I used it and probably too much of it. Can anyone here see where this is headed?

The vapors from my now bleach-infused bathroom permeated not only the lavatory, but the rest of my apartment. I suppose I got a bit carried away with the spraying, as I tend to do. That might explain why my mother didn't let me "help" her use the Glass Plus as a child. Of course, that didn't -- and still doesn't -- have bleach in it. The fumes from the bleach started irritating my eyes, nose, throat and I began coughing. I even started having a "heavy weight-like" feeling on my chest, in addition to mild pain there as well.

So I knew this wasn't a good thing. I quickly opened up my windows, turned the AC fans on (instead of leaving them on "auto") and placed my air purifier in the bathroom, turning that up to the highest setting. I also called my wife to tell her. She was displeased overall and questioned my sanity (what little there is left of it) in my cleaning technique, but happy to know I got to work dealing with the situation. At present, I am pleased to report that the odor has been slowly -- but surely -- dissipating and the side-effects I was experiencing before are now gone.

Since my bathroom is still a bit "smelly," however, I plan on telling my wife that when I relieve myself, I make use of my balcony. Her response will be golden, I promise you. :D

Anyway... that's my story. I now know that I shouldn't use bleach products to clean or if I do, I should use far less of them -- and as G.I. JOE said back in the 1980s: "Knowing is half the battle!"

Yes, this is what my wife has to put up with. Please send all condolences my way and I will forward them on to her. Thank you. :innocent:

Well, that's assuming I actually did that and someone else called the police on me. I wouldn't really do something that disgusting and even if I did, my wife wouldn't call the cops on me. Yell at me, maybe, but that's about it. :P

Timeline

Well, that's assuming I actually did that and someone else called the police on me. I wouldn't really do something that disgusting and even if I did, my wife wouldn't call the cops on me. Yell at me, maybe, but that's about it. :P

I'd like to believe you this time, I really would. :lol:

IR5

2007-07-27 – Case complete at NVC waiting on the world or at least MTL.

2007-12-19 - INTERVIEW AT MTL, SPLIT DECISION.

2007-12-24-Mom's I-551 arrives, Pop's still in purgatory (AP)

2008-03-11-AP all done, Pop is approved!!!!

tumblr_lme0c1CoS21qe0eclo1_r6_500.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.