redpixie

Interview Questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I have my interview on Thursday afternoon in the US Embassy Dublin and I'm very nervous. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to happen during the interview and/or if anyone has experience of the Dublin embassy.

My finace is here in Ireland with me and we have been living together since 2005. Would it be advisable that he attends the actual interview with me, if he's allowed to? Obviously, seens as we live together and have numerous things that point to that fact, proving our relationship is no problem. My concern is that he has not been able to work while out here and prior to this, he was a student so never had to file taxes, as he has not had any taxable income. His parents are acting as my sponsors and we have all the docummentation from them here and ready to go. I know he has to fill in the Affidavit of Support, and the lady we spoke to in the embassy a few months ago say that a letter to state his position with regards to finance will be fine, so long as we have the information from his family. Is this really the case?

Also, what sort of questions can we expect to have?

Thanks in advance!

1999 - Met on Yahoo chat service

1999 - Fell in love

1999 - 2005 - Continued talking on a daily basis

2004 - T applied for student visa for semester of study in US

Jan 2005 - T flew to States to begin course

March 2005 - T flew to CA. D picked up at airport. Finally met in person!

April 2005 - T flies back to University

April 2005 - D flies out to be with T

May 2005 - Both fly back to CA and begin living together

Sept 2005 - T flies back to UK to resume studies

Oct 2005 - D flies out to UK to be with T - Decide we want to get married!!!

April 2006 - D and T move to Ireland

March 2007 - We download paperwork for I 129-F

April 2007 - Send off forms to Texas Service Center

June 2007 - Still waiting to hear back

July 2007 - Still waiting to hear anything AT ALL! Very angry

7th July 2007 - We called the USCIS and were given our receipt number. We also signed up for the USCIS online service. Learned that our petition arrived on May 15th and last action was May 25th 2007 - Much happier

4th October 2007 - Petition Approved!!!!!!

24 April 2008 - Interview at US Embassy Dublin

17 June 2008 - Arrived back in US together

10th SEPTEMBER 2008 - MARRIED!!!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone!

I have my interview on Thursday afternoon in the US Embassy Dublin and I'm very nervous. Can anyone tell me what I can expect to happen during the interview and/or if anyone has experience of the Dublin embassy.

Also, what sort of questions can we expect to have?

Thanks in advance!

i wish you all the best with your interview. i'm sure you'll be just fine! :thumbs:

i'm not sure about questions that might be specific to your embassy, however there is a great list of questions here and another shorter list here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
i'm not sure about questions that might be specific to your embassy, however there is a great list of questions here and another shorter list here.

Thank you so much for the kind regards! Like I say, I'm really nervous so every bit of support is appreciated greatly :).

Thanks also for the question lists. We just had a look over them and started smiling. Obviously, living together for so long, we know one another inside out by now...and yup, I speak to his family (brother and mother via Ventrillo, and sister via the phone and myspace) a lot, so that's brilliant.

Edited by redpixie

1999 - Met on Yahoo chat service

1999 - Fell in love

1999 - 2005 - Continued talking on a daily basis

2004 - T applied for student visa for semester of study in US

Jan 2005 - T flew to States to begin course

March 2005 - T flew to CA. D picked up at airport. Finally met in person!

April 2005 - T flies back to University

April 2005 - D flies out to be with T

May 2005 - Both fly back to CA and begin living together

Sept 2005 - T flies back to UK to resume studies

Oct 2005 - D flies out to UK to be with T - Decide we want to get married!!!

April 2006 - D and T move to Ireland

March 2007 - We download paperwork for I 129-F

April 2007 - Send off forms to Texas Service Center

June 2007 - Still waiting to hear back

July 2007 - Still waiting to hear anything AT ALL! Very angry

7th July 2007 - We called the USCIS and were given our receipt number. We also signed up for the USCIS online service. Learned that our petition arrived on May 15th and last action was May 25th 2007 - Much happier

4th October 2007 - Petition Approved!!!!!!

24 April 2008 - Interview at US Embassy Dublin

17 June 2008 - Arrived back in US together

10th SEPTEMBER 2008 - MARRIED!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.