Hi Im GOIY

Quick Question...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So the Affidavit of Support. Say last year I made almost nothing because I was just studying full time, but nowadays I'm bringing in enough so that I will make the annual income requirement. I just haven't actually had the job for a year yet so no tax return reflects this although I do have every pay stub I've ever recieved. Will they deny my application? Thanks =]

10736.gif

Filed: Timeline
So the Affidavit of Support. Say last year I made almost nothing because I was just studying full time, but nowadays I'm bringing in enough so that I will make the annual income requirement. I just haven't actually had the job for a year yet so no tax return reflects this although I do have every pay stub I've ever recieved. Will they deny my application? Thanks =]

Do you have a co-sponsor?

I am a full-time student as well and only work occasionally, but nothing ever full-time. I am using a co-sponsor though. If you have pay stubs, and if you get a letter from your employer stating that you are an employee, how much your annual pay is, etc., then maybe you'll be okay without a co-sponsor...? Not 100% sure sorry!

Timeline

Do you have a co-sponsor?

I am a full-time student as well and only work occasionally, but nothing ever full-time. I am using a co-sponsor though. If you have pay stubs, and if you get a letter from your employer stating that you are an employee, how much your annual pay is, etc., then maybe you'll be okay without a co-sponsor...? Not 100% sure sorry!

I do not have a co-sponsor. My family isn't exactly supportive of all of this... They think 19 is way too young to be getting married I guess. I wish I had one heh... I haven't even actually filed yet because I don't want to get denied and have to wait way longer than necessary... I am working full time right now though because I've put my studies on hold unfortunately... I will also be starting a second job when I return from visiting my fiance this May that will put me WAY over the requirement while working 60 hours a week haha. But still, all I have are pay stubs and an attainable letter you mentioned... I can also have a letter saying my fiance is gauranteed a job once he arrives... Do you think that will help..?

10736.gif

Filed: Timeline

I do not have a co-sponsor. My family isn't exactly supportive of all of this... They think 19 is way too young to be getting married I guess. I wish I had one heh... I haven't even actually filed yet because I don't want to get denied and have to wait way longer than necessary... I am working full time right now though because I've put my studies on hold unfortunately... I will also be starting a second job when I return from visiting my fiance this May that will put me WAY over the requirement while working 60 hours a week haha. But still, all I have are pay stubs and an attainable letter you mentioned... I can also have a letter saying my fiance is gauranteed a job once he arrives... Do you think that will help..?

Wait, you haven't filed because you don't want to be denied and wait a long time? You do understand that you don't need to provide financial documentation until your fiance gets an interview with the embassy. By this time you may have your tax returns and W2's and I assume you just filed taxes.

In terms of your fiance beign guarenteed a job when he arrives, I don't think you should even mention this, as this MAY hurt more than help.

If they see it as he/she already has a job lined up for them in the US, MAYBE they will think that the marriage isn't legit? I am not quite sure but I just don't see that helping at all. Also, your fiance can't legally work when they arrive in the US unless they enter through JFk and get an EAD.

Timeline
Wait, you haven't filed because you don't want to be denied and wait a long time? You do understand that you don't need to provide financial documentation until your fiance gets an interview with the embassy. By this time you may have your tax returns and W2's and I assume you just filed taxes.

In terms of your fiance beign guarenteed a job when he arrives, I don't think you should even mention this, as this MAY hurt more than help.

If they see it as he/she already has a job lined up for them in the US, MAYBE they will think that the marriage isn't legit? I am not quite sure but I just don't see that helping at all. Also, your fiance can't legally work when they arrive in the US unless they enter through JFk and get an EAD.

I didn't even think about the illegitimate thing although I had planned to get him an EAD and all that... Basically the Affidavit of Support has been a huge thorn in my side and it's all I've really worried about. I was under the impression that they could just deny my application if my financial situation wasn't the best and tell me to try again next year when I was doing better hah... That probably sounds ridiculous to you but as previously mentioned, I'm completely on my own with all of this and I've been getting information from everywhere trying not to mess up. Thanks for all your honest input though! Truly appreciated =]

10736.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Just a thought - You don't need immediate family to be a co-sponsor - your friends and colleagues, boss, neighbors - anyone can be a sponsor as long as they are US citizens or Legal residents. But if you are making over the 125% of poverty line already, then you do not need to worry about a co-sponsor. http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/08poverty.shtml Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.