daytrader

Verification of Documents

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a bit worried about the time crunch I got myself into.

I wanted to be there during the interview to support my sweetheart and

she didnt want to fly alone here to the USA so I got a ticket to Manila

arriving 5 am on the day if her interview (April 25th) cutting it way too close I know

but it was the best I could do. I can only get so many days off work so I had to

book the return flight for May first, six days after the interview. Then i learned

that her documents have to be validated (yes we already payed the fee for the validation).

Seems like that may put us in a bit of a crunch, time wise, and to make matters worse

the plane tickets cant be changed. I got them online through Cheapo Air.

So I was wondering if there is any way at all to get the documents verified before

we go to the interview so that part is taken care of already and then maybe we

can get the fiance visa a little bit sooner (in time to make the flight on May 1st)

Any Ideas how to get that done? or if it is possible or not?

thanks for any help or advice.

Terry

MET ONLINE 05-11-07

VISITED IN PHILIPPINES 08-21-07

ENGAGED 08-31-07

K1 APPLICATION 09-26-07

NOA 1 10-02-07

VISITED HONG KONG 12-21-07

FOR CHRISTMAS

NOTICE OF RFE 02-08-08

TOUCHED 02-08-08, 02-15-08, 02-17-08, 02-18-08

TOUCHED 02-19-08, 02-21-08, 03-09-08, 03-10-08

TOUCHED 03-13-08, 03-17-08

APPROVED 03-17-08

Timeline

If you go into the Philippines subforum here, there are a few threads about document verification in the Philippines. You could also specifically ask while you are there for a Visa pick up. Unfortunately, what we have been seeing lately is that Doc verification is taking quite a while even if you pay ahead of time. People not getting their Visa for weeks. also don;t forget that your fiancee also must go through a CFO seminar after she receives the Visa in order to get approval from the Philippines government to leave. They will place a stamp in her passport as long as the Visa stamp is there.

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Timeline

Thanks for the reply and i am quite concerned about that taking some time to get done

thats why I am wondering if it is possible to get the varificaiton done BEFORE the interview

instead of afterwards. If it takes a week I will have to leave without her and pretty much

eat her ticket.

She was able to get the seminar take care of before the interview. She completed it last week.

Just looking for a short cut but there may not be one available.

MET ONLINE 05-11-07

VISITED IN PHILIPPINES 08-21-07

ENGAGED 08-31-07

K1 APPLICATION 09-26-07

NOA 1 10-02-07

VISITED HONG KONG 12-21-07

FOR CHRISTMAS

NOTICE OF RFE 02-08-08

TOUCHED 02-08-08, 02-15-08, 02-17-08, 02-18-08

TOUCHED 02-19-08, 02-21-08, 03-09-08, 03-10-08

TOUCHED 03-13-08, 03-17-08

APPROVED 03-17-08

Timeline

she may have gone to the seminar, but she has to return to get the stamp when she has the Visa. If you pay in advance and your fiancee stays on top of Delbros, there is a chance they will do it all beforehand, but there's a larger chance that they'll just mess her around and start once the approval is done

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
If it takes a week I will have to leave without her and pretty much

eat her ticket.

She was able to get the seminar take care of before the interview. She completed it last week.

Don't worry too much about the ticket - most airlines will let you change your day of flight for a fee - my wife did it for about $50 one time and $200 another time. She had bought her tickets online from different places - she had to change the flight with the Airlines. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline

Please do whatever it takes to confirm the document validation process has been initiated prior to your interview dates. I attended my fiancée’s interview earlier this month with the intent for her to accompany me back to the states. I have now used up all my vacation days at work (plus some), stayed two weeks longer than anticipated, and am now back in the states without her. Please do not put yourself and your future spouse through the disappointing and tearful experience that we have, and are still going through.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.