rhymeswithcandi

America's Next Top Model Contestant can't get AP

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

While I do feel sorry for her, the situation she's in is partially her own fault. Had she kept a better eye on her documents, this wouldn't have happened. As a permanent resident, she must have had some idea just how necessary it is to keep those at close hand and not lose them (even if she didn't understand as much as we do here).

In addition, I would be more than a little annoyed if a special exception were made for her based upon her position in a television modeling contest versus one of us. That would effectively say she is more important than any of us here and that, to be honest, rubs me the wrong way.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
what i dont understand is if she already has her green card, why does she need AP? :unsure:

I was actually thinking that as well... she couldn't have had her GC already.

Timeline
what i dont understand is if she already has her green card, why does she need AP? :unsure:

This is a so-called "reality TV show." Perhaps this is all made up for character development and the writers don't really know a whole lot about the immigration process?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is a so-called "reality TV show." Perhaps this is all made up for character development and the writers don't really know a whole lot about the immigration process?

Movie Stars and Athletes are given special treatment by immigration all the time.

Funny how Forsberg from Sweden was able to come play hockey for the Avs within 2 months of signing on with the NHL again.

A Lily & A Rose...Together Forever !

April 28th INTERVIEW DATE !!!!!!!! APPROVED

June 30th Arrived in my Sweeties Arms !!

August 4th.2005 Our Wedding

Sept. 19th Sent AOS

Sept 28th recieved NOA for AOS

Nov.05/05 recieved Biometrics letter

Nov.17th Biometrics Appt.

Nov. 22nd. AP Approved

Nov. 25th/05 recieved EAD card

Nov.30th. recieved AP Papers in mail

Dec. 08th/05 Recieved Snail mail letter for AOS Interview Feb 15th 7:40 AM.

Feb. 15th. /06 AOS Interview SUCCESS !!!! no more to deal with for another 2 yrs!

Feb. 27th./06 Recieved Greencard in the mail

August 4th/06 Our First Wedding Anniversary !!

Feb. 8th 08 Sent in Packet to remove conditions

Feb 23rd 08 Recieve NOA letter stating they are extending my Greencard for another year.

March 11th 08 biometrics appt.

May 29th 08 recieved email stating Card production ordered

June 7th 2008 10 yr card recieved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

alfie.jpg

My lil Alfie boy

Timeline
How Do I Get a Travel Document?

What is a Travel Document and Who Needs One?

If you are not a U.S. citizen, you may need permission to return to the United States after traveling abroad. This permission is granted through a travel document. Travel documents are also given to people who want to travel, but cannot get a passport from their country of nationality.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/men...00045f3d6a1RCRD

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I smell BS

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

They shouldn't even let immigrants participate, anyway. It's not world's next top model, it's America, and if you're not american how can u be american's next top model. It's like having a brazilian soccer player living and playing in Italy for years and then he becomes Italy's best soccer player, makes no sense.

I'd be really p!ssed off if I were in a contest in Brazil to be Brazi'l next superhotchick and some gal from Argentina won the contest.

Edited by Nessa

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Timeline

Movie Stars and Athletes are given special treatment by immigration all the time.

Funny how Forsberg from Sweden was able to come play hockey for the Avs within 2 months of signing on with the NHL again.

Well, actually... that's not "special treatment" per se. A work visa is usually so incredibly difficult to get in the U.S. because most places of work will only hire a foreigner if he or she can do something an American cannot. Well, considering how "special and talented" we tend to think of movie stars and athletes, it's no wonder USCIS would readily grant them work visas far easier than the average Joe or Jane, since they can do a job that "most of us" can't do.