Vietnam07

Birth Certificates for Vietnam

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiance is going to have an interview in 2 weeks. They told her that she need my Birth Certificates. I left vietnam when I was 4 years old. My Birth Certificates was damaged during the time when I left vietnam. How important is this? I don't know how to go about in getting my Birth Certificate. Does anyone know how to go about in getting this done. My fiance has two weeks til the interview.WHat happen if I can't obtain my Birth Certificates for her to bring to the interview.Are there any suppliment paperwork for this. Any information is great appricated...

" Good Luck and Thank you to all "

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
My fiance is going to have an interview in 2 weeks. They told her that she need my Birth Certificates. I left vietnam when I was 4 years old. My Birth Certificates was damaged during the time when I left vietnam. How important is this? I don't know how to go about in getting my Birth Certificate. Does anyone know how to go about in getting this done. My fiance has two weeks til the interview.WHat happen if I can't obtain my Birth Certificates for her to bring to the interview.Are there any suppliment paperwork for this. Any information is great appricated...

If you're the US citizen I think that you won't have any problem with it. The US citizen only need to proof his/her naturalization certificate/US passport. But she must have an BC with her for the interview also for apply for AOS in USA.

Good luck

Timeline

The HCMC Consulate requires the original and copy birth certificates for you and your fiancee. Going to the interview without your birth certificate or other documents to show your birth/idenity and not talking to the Consulate, will most likely get result in a blue slip.

You should be able to get another birth certificate from the local authorities where you were born. If you are unable to do so, get a statement from them saying that then get as many other documents as you can. The kind of documents you can use instead of your birth certificate is listed in the I-129f item # 6 "What if a document is unavailable". I assumming what is good enougt for USCIS is good enough for the Consulate. Also include the damaged birth certificate. Lastly call HCMC Consulate and explain to them the problem. They will probably want you to write a statement explaining this with whatever documents they will accept.

Good Luck and get the pink.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

Edited by PeterFB

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

FYI... Good news

I was able to get a copy of my birth certificate in Vietnam. :thumbs: My mother has some connections there where she make a few phone calls to the people who live in the town where I was born and was able to get a copy of my birth certificate. I paid 500,000 dung for it which come out to $30us.. I guess for anyone who need to get a birth certificate in Vietnam; it is possible. Thanks for everyone support. :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

Jack

The HCMC Consulate requires the original and copy birth certificates for you and your fiancee. Going to the interview without your birth certificate or other documents to show your birth/idenity and not talking to the Consulate, will most likely get result in a blue slip.

You should be able to get another birth certificate from the local authorities where you were born. If you are unable to do so, get a statement from them saying that then get as many other documents as you can. The kind of documents you can use instead of your birth certificate is listed in the I-129f item # 6 "What if a document is unavailable". I assumming what is good enougt for USCIS is good enough for the Consulate. Also include the damaged birth certificate. Lastly call HCMC Consulate and explain to them the problem. They will probably want you to write a statement explaining this with whatever documents they will accept.

Good Luck and get the pink.

Peter and Thi

I-129F Sent : 2007-05-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-06-11

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2007-10-26

Touched: 2007-11-02

NVC Recieved: 2007-11-16

Consulate recieved ??????

Packet 3 sent 2007-12-11

Packet 3 received 2007-12-24

Packet 3 returned 2007-12-28

Packet 4 sent 2008-1-14

Email Reply with Interview Date 2008-1-23

Interview Date 2008-2-27

Passed Interview 2008-02-27

Visa Pick Up Date 2008-3-05

Received Visa 2008-2-29 (called to pick up earlier)

POE 2008-3-05 Los Angeles

Wedding 2008-4-26

" Good Luck and Thank you to all "

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.