foo

What forms/docs should Fiance bring from PI

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hmm...you know I've never actually heard anyone talking about this. It's a very important thing to consider I guess.

I would say she should bring everything and anything you guys can think of, to be honest. I'd add to your list already medical history and records. And also maybe she can consider trying to get an international drivers' license? I could be wrong about this but depending on your state, she may have to wait awhile before she can get a license in the US. But the international drivers' license I'm pretty sure would mean she can drive here freely without the US license, at least for awhile or until she's eligible.

But this would mean her learning the rules there I guess and taking a test for that, don't know if you guys have that kind of leisure or what. Just a thought though.

Summer 2001 - met my Scottish boy

December 18th, 2007 - proposal in Madrid's Botanical Gardens with a duck standing behind him going 'food?'

January 18th, 2008 - I-129F sent to VSC

January 31st, 2008 - received NOA1, issued Jan. 24 :)

February 24th, 2008 - NOA2; omgwtfbbqlolz

February 29th, 2008 - NVC letter sent

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hmm...you know I've never actually heard anyone talking about this. It's a very important thing to consider I guess.

I would say she should bring everything and anything you guys can think of, to be honest. I'd add to your list already medical history and records. And also maybe she can consider trying to get an international drivers' license? I could be wrong about this but depending on your state, she may have to wait awhile before she can get a license in the US. But the international drivers' license I'm pretty sure would mean she can drive here freely without the US license, at least for awhile or until she's eligible.

But this would mean her learning the rules there I guess and taking a test for that, don't know if you guys have that kind of leisure or what. Just a thought though.

Good idea on the medical & dental records, if she has any.

I already sent her to driving school there and she got her international driving license. I figured it would be better to have her train there for many reasons... :)

Does anyone have any other input on what docs / records she and her son should bring over, I'm would have guessed this would have been brought before?

Timeline

Funny i was having this very discussion with my fiancee this morning. One thing I was curious about is papers regarding her daughter regarding having permission for her to leave the country. She said that she is okay in the PI as she never put the fathers name on the birth certificate and he has pretty much had nothing to do with the child.

However I was wondering if the US will require any sort of paperwork that the child is traveling with the approval of both parents? Obviously hoping lack of name on birth certificate applies here too?

Snail Line...

I-129F Sent : 07-27-2007

Returned wrong fee and sent again

I-129F NOA1 : 09-06-2007

Touched: 12-26-2007 Well it was only to update my address

Touched: 03-27-2008 Big surprise, damn, means expectations going high again, don't let me down!

I-129F NOA2 : 03-31-2008 Well it was a nice touch!!!

Interview Date (K1 Visa): 06-10-2008 in Manila

Visa Received : 2008-07-11

US Entry : 2008-07-18

Marriage : 2008-08-30

11.gif

Timeline

back to the top...any one?

Snail Line...

Touched: 03-27-2008 Big surprise, damn, means expectations going high again, don't let me down!

11.gif

Funny i was having this very discussion with my fiancee this morning. One thing I was curious about is papers regarding her daughter regarding having permission for her to leave the country. She said that she is okay in the PI as she never put the fathers name on the birth certificate and he has pretty much had nothing to do with the child.

However I was wondering if the US will require any sort of paperwork that the child is traveling with the approval of both parents? Obviously hoping lack of name on birth certificate applies here too?

We didn't need any paperwork for the child traveling with the Mother. The childs father wasn't on the BC, nor was he a part in the childs life. Once you get approved for the Visa, you won't need any additional paperwork or evidence once you arrive in the USA..

Timeline

Cheers for that, much appreciated!

Snail Line...

11.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.