rezolute

I-130 and I-129F (K3) both approved and sent to NVC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Cambodia
Timeline

This topic may have been covered but no real answer was provided, at least from hours of searching. Hopefully someone knows the answer, if they've experienced it first hand. ;)

Both of my I-130 and I-129F (K3) Visa was approved and sent to the NVC. Thats what it states on the NOA2 for both petitions.

What's going to happen next?

Do I:

a. Put on my sweet talking charm and call the NVC to get some clarification on this matter?

b. Ignore everything, and hope the problem will disappear? and that will default to having my wife get here the fastest?

c. Fill out every single form thats sent my way, cross the T's and dot the i's?

d. Hope that someone on visajourney has crossed this path and has a better answer than all above?

Hopefully the answer is D. :help:

Some questions would be:

1. What do I do in the interim?

2. Which one are they going to process?

3. Do I have a say in which one gets forwarded?

4. What would you recommend? (if the difference in time is minute, then why not I-130?)

5. I heard they will be sending the I-184 packet for the I-130, should i ignore it?

6. Can I pick up packet 3 at the foreign country since i'm heading there in a month?

7. Any other feedback is appreciated by me and all fellow visajourney memebers who read this. :lol:

Edited by rezolute

Filed: Timeline
This topic may have been covered but no real answer was provided, at least from hours of searching. Hopefully someone knows the answer, if they've experienced it first hand. ;)

Both of my I-130 and I-129F (K3) Visa was approved and sent to the NVC. Thats what it states on the NOA2 for both petitions.

What's going to happen next?

Do I:

a. Put on my sweet talking charm and call the NVC to get some clarification on this matter?

b. Ignore everything, and hope the problem will disappear? and that will default to having my wife get here the fastest?

c. Fill out every single form thats sent my way, cross the T's and dot the i's?

d. Hope that someone on visajourney has crossed this path and has a better answer than all above?

Hopefully the answer is D. :help:

Some questions would be:

1. What do I do in the interim?

2. Which one are they going to process?

3. Do I have a say in which one gets forwarded?

4. What would you recommend? (if the difference in time is minute, then why not I-130?)

5. I heard they will be sending the I-184 packet for the I-130, should i ignore it?

6. Can I pick up packet 3 at the foreign country since i'm heading there in a month?

7. Any other feedback is appreciated by me and all fellow visajourney memebers who read this. :lol:

It really is up to you on which petition you'd like to continue with. I suggest you read the differences on K-3 and I-130 (if you haven't already) and just decide what you'd prefer to do. I'd personally want my spouse over here quicker so I'd go for the K3. The thing that sucks is the cost of the Adjustment of Status is $1,000+. If you go with the I-130 and send all the documents NVC requests quickly, then I bet you can have your case completed within 6 months or so and probably an interview scheduled not too long afterwards. So your wife may be able to come to the US within a year. NVC will process both petitions but you don't have to continue with both. They won't cancel the I-130 unless you tell them to or unless you let a year go by w/o contact. The K3 only stays at NVC for about a week and then it gets sent straight to the Embassy.

Filed: Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I didn't realize it can cost up to $1000+ to do an AOS? Thats rediculous. But if it is a year+ taking the I-130 route, then it's probably best I go with the K3 visa then. I thought the difference would only be off by a couple of months since the USCIS has done most of the work. :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline
I didn't realize it can cost up to $1000+ to do an AOS? Thats rediculous. But if it is a year+ taking the I-130 route, then it's probably best I go with the K3 visa then. I thought the difference would only be off by a couple of months since the USCIS has done most of the work. :thumbs:

All USCIS does is approve your petition, pretty much just approve your request to apply for a Visa. There's a lot more paperwork and processing involved afterwards in order to get the Visa. Just because your petition was approved has nothing to do with being actually approved, granted the Visa. So many people wait years just to be denied the Visa in the end. :crying:

All USCIS does is approve your petition, pretty much just approve your request to apply for a Visa. There's a lot more paperwork and processing involved afterwards in order to get the Visa. Just because your petition was approved has nothing to do with being actually approved, granted the Visa. So many people wait years just to be denied the Visa in the end. :crying:

Using James's Shortcuts most people are getting through the NVC in about 90 days. Now that there's online payment for the AOS fee bill and IV bill you could probably shave another 30 days off of that. Personally, the same thing happened to me. K3's used to get through USCIS a lot quicker than the CR1 which is why I filed it. Things changed and now they take the same amount of time at USCIS. I opted to go the CR1 route because of the difference in cost, plus it takes longer to adjust to an immigrant visa and to be allowed to work. CR1 you can work right away. For the K3, my spouse hasn't even received the packet yet. I've been following the CR1 route and I've just sent in my DS-230 which is the last step in the NVC flow. I just have to wait for them to complete the case and pray for no RFE's! The extra 2-3 months doesn't bother me when I consider the benefits of the CR1 over the K3. The choice is yours to make though.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Using James's Shortcuts most people are getting through the NVC in about 90 days. Now that there's online payment for the AOS fee bill and IV bill you could probably shave another 30 days off of that. Personally, the same thing happened to me. K3's used to get through USCIS a lot quicker than the CR1 which is why I filed it. Things changed and now they take the same amount of time at USCIS. I opted to go the CR1 route because of the difference in cost, plus it takes longer to adjust to an immigrant visa and to be allowed to work. CR1 you can work right away. For the K3, my spouse hasn't even received the packet yet. I've been following the CR1 route and I've just sent in my DS-230 which is the last step in the NVC flow. I just have to wait for them to complete the case and pray for no RFE's! The extra 2-3 months doesn't bother me when I consider the benefits of the CR1 over the K3. The choice is yours to make though.

i opted to go the cr1 way?

were you asked by the nvc or did you have to file a letter or something to express your intention?

i want to know coz i still want to pursue the k3 coz the extra 2-3 months wait will surely kill me... i've psyched myselfinto thinking that i'll be with the love of my life soon... (:

Edited by ed_and_sue

i opted to go the cr1 way?

were you asked by the nvc or did you have to file a letter or something to express your intention?

i want to know coz i still want to pursue the k3 coz the extra 2-3 months wait will surely kill me... i've psyched myselfinto thinking that i'll be with the love of my life soon... (:

I just planned on ignoring anything that came along for the K3 from this point on. Only thing that came was a letter from the NVC that said they were forwarding it to the embassy but I haven't seen a single thing since. I've kept up with the CR1 NVC flow and now I'm anxiously awaiting case complete! Thing is, if I would have never sent that 129F I'd probably be done by now. Oh well, we're so close to the end now I don't even care anymore.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.