GaryC

McCain's platform for his administration

32 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
The Bush tax cuts has done more to help the economy than any tax hike ever has. It's the one thing that everyone should thank Bush for.

Last I checked, the economy was tanking. The now ending growth period (entirely based on borrowed wealth) has left most Americans in the dust as they did not get to participate in the upswing - a first in US history. Don't expect those people to be thankful to Bush. They have no reason to be thankful. And a hard fact are the outrageously huge deficits and federal debt that Bush has run and accumulated.

I don't know where you get these ideas Dog. Most Americans are doing very well. Very few have been "left in the dust". You taking a small segment of our population and amplifying it over the entire country. I feel better about my situation now than I ever did under Clinton. Most people I know feel the same way. Don't drink the liberal koolaid. They are trying to convince you that all is lost so they can offer you "change". It's a lie.

You are the one taking a small segment (yourself and the folks you hang with) and project it over the population. The fact is that in 2000 (the end of the previous growth period), the median income was 61K - up 11% from 1992 when that expansion started. The fact is also that each economic expansion period brought along a significant increase in the median income. Not so in 2007. The economic expansion now drawing to a close leaves the median income down 1% (that's a first in US history) at 60.5K. Those are the numbers and what they mean is that more than half of America was left behind under Bush.

20080409_LEONHARDT_GRAPHIC.jpg

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess no one wants to comment on what McCain has stated his positions would be. There are a few things I don't like but on the whole he makes a lot of sense. It's a lot better than anything Obama or Clinton have been saying.

it's too much fun watching the "take no prisoners" hillary and obama war :pop:

It is fun to watch. They are bloodying themselves up pretty good. I have heard a few people state that McCain is just sitting back and saying nothing. That isn't true, the battling dems have been getting all the press. But McCain has been busy and he has stated his platform. I think it's in general a good one. At least one that I can feel comfortable with for the next four years.

the repealing of the amt is good. still nothing about illegal immigration.

What's the story with AMT? I've never met anyone who had to pay it.

Now you know someone.....sigh.....

miss_me_yet.jpg