nigel4202005

cfo question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello to all, I have a quick question to ask. My finace thinks 1 thing i think the other.

She has received letter stating to call the number to schedule the appt for interview. So She is planning on going to cebu for the cfo seminar first.

She told me she wants to go to Cebu for ccfo seminar this friday.

Heres my question?

She says i have to have a signed document from a lawyer saying that i am legally single, and to have it notorized, then to scan it an email it to her??? I have never heard of such a thing before. So is it true, and if it was you think they would need to have the oiginal document in hand and not a scanned copy??

My plan was to just email her and state the date, that i want to marry her, and that i am legally single.

Any help would be much appreciated. Everyone here has been so helpfull in the past.

Hoping to have her here with me stateside by august. In central illinois, anyone from the peoria area send me a message also..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

She only needs a signed and dated letter stating that you are free and willing to marry her. It doesn't have to be notarized

AOS

Date Filed : 2008-02-15

NOA Date : 2008-02-26

RFE(s) : 2008-03-13

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

AOS Transfer** :

Interview Date : 2008-07-23

Approval / Denial Date : 2008-07-23

Approved : 2008-07-23

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received:

EAD

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2008-03-18

Approved Date : 2008-04-24

Date Card Received : 2008-05-03

Comments : Packet Arrived in Chicago - Feb 20, 2008

Check cashed Feb 28, 2008

AP

RFE(s) :

Date Approved: 2008-04-24

Date Received : 2008-05-01

I don't remember a letter to bring during the cfo seminar. Are you talking about the letter of intent to marry? if so, this should be brought during the interview (and no need for notarization just affix both of your signatures)

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

same thing here. didnt bring any notarized doc that proves my fiance is single or something (although if one is divorced or annulled then its important to bring those kind of docs)... im not sure if things change these days, but cebu is somewhat very "strict" compared to the cfo in manila (i went to prism in manila. it was a breeze)... good luck! and tell her to bring some photos of you together just incase they will asked for it (they asked me for it good and thing i have a photo of my hubby in my wallet and i brought my digicam that time lol), and they also wants the maiden name of your mother (USC's mom) and some other requirements listed too... wish you luck and God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WEll thanks for the answers to the question. I am planning on writing a letter, and print one out to. Then get them notorized. And my mother said she would write one also, (casue who would no more if im single than good ol dear mom). Jenny called the cfo in cebu and they said for her to have me get a singles document notorized from a lawyer here. So i was very confused, since theres no documents like that here. But i figure better safe than sorry.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Hope to have jenny here by august of 08. Cant wait.

My wife attended CFO in Cebu. when she called asking what she needed to bring, she was also asked to bring a document to show I was single. as I recall, she either brought a copy of my paycheck stub or W-2, since that shows marital status. at the seminar, she was not asked for the document. she was only asked, " are you really sure he is single" perhaps you can scan a paycheck stub or W-2 and email it to her. don't think it's necessary to have anything notarized, but do so if it will make you feel more comfortable.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.