Katherine

Husband & taxes and healthcare - PLEASE HELP!!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Denmark
Timeline

We are going to have the interview on May 6th, which we are thrilled about.

Though I have some very crucial concerns... here it goes:

My husband is on MedicAid. He's a serious astmatic and through his healthcare plan all his medicin is covered. He's working two times a week and gets paid the money straight in his pockets.

When we filed the Affidavit of Support of course we were honest, and wrote his annual gross income in 2007 to be $10.400.

Now, naturally I thought he should file taxes off of the $10.400 but he is worried that if he files taxes it will complicate him receiving MedicAid.

Buy my big concern is that they are gonna ask at the interview if he filed his taxes, why he's on MedicAid when he's supposedly making $10.400 a year, and then it could escalate into an ugly thing, and that it's gonna be a reason for them to deny me the Greencard...

Please try and help....

Kathrine

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR

December 2005 - Met for the first time at a christmas party

Year of 2006 - I'm traveling back and forth several times to visit

October-December 2006 - I stay in New York for 3 months on tourist visa

February 2007 - Brandon flies out to Denmark to visit and meet my family

March-June 2007 - I stay in New York for 3 months on tourist visa

October 2007 - I go to New York to stay for another 3 months.......but on

November 10th 2007 - Brandon asks me to marry him!!! ENGAGED!!!!

November 21st 2007 - MARRIED!!!!!!

December 26th 2007 - Sent off I-130 and AOS package

January 7th 2008 - NOA's received

January 14th 2008 - Biometrics letter received

January 19th 2008 - RFE received, on form I-864

January 25th 2008 - Biometrics appointment

February 13th 2008 - RFE sent back

March 14th 2008 - EAD Card production ordered

March 15th 2008 - EAD card received

March 17th 2008 - SSN ordered

March 26th 2008 - SSN received

March 29th 2008 - INTERVIEW LETTER RECEIVED

May 6th 2008 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

$10,400 doesn't make it for 2 people for support. Do you have a Co-sponsor or other assets? I do not know what the medicare criteria is for Income thresholds. Maybe some one can tell you. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: Timeline
$10,400 doesn't make it for 2 people for support. Do you have a Co-sponsor or other assets? I do not know what the medicare criteria is for Income thresholds. Maybe some one can tell you. Good Luck

Exactly -you will need a co-sponsor, for sure.

As for him, he should file his taxes, even if late.

Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
As for him, he should file his taxes, even if late.

Yeah, I agree, he should file his taxes.

Have you filed your own taxes yet? You're supposed to file as a married couple for 2007 since you got married last year, I don't know how complicated it gets if you already filed yours and he didn't bother.

If I were you, I'd get the taxes straight and make sure the GC interview goes well.

Afterwards, you can worry about Medicaid.

Good luck!

Edited by feraina

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.