milneshine

I-864 It's the first I've heard of it!!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So the good news is that I have a date for an interview at The Embassy.

The bad news is that they want me to bring along an I-864.

I swear this is the first time I have ever heard of this form. Plus if this is all I need to bring as my Affadavit of Support have I wasted my time collecting my financial documents, letters from the bank and an estate agent. I now have 10 day to get my Fiancee to fill one of these out, gather some info and get it back to me ASAP!

Hmm, not really a question here as such, just a minor rant!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

More than likely the IV unit at he embassy screwed up and sent out a packet 3 or 4 that is for an immigrant visa like CR-1 or IR-1.

I-864 is for GREEN-Cards ONLY, that is it is used for CR-1/IR-1 visas because they result in green-card upon entry to the USA, and I-864 is used in the USA when adjusting status from a K-Visa.

I-134 is used for K-Visa interviews at the Embassy.

Affidavit of Support

Persons in the U.S. who wish to furnish sponsorship of a fiancee or Kii visa applicant in the form of an affidavit of support should use form I-134 which is available from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Sponsors may also elect to furnish a statement in the form of an affidavit sworn to before a notary public or other official competent to administer an oath, setting forth his or her willingness and financial ability to contribute to the applicant's support and reasons, in detail, for sponsoring the applicant.

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

Other Immigrant Categories - When an I-134 May be Needed

Do applicants who are applying for an immigrant visa in a visa category that does not require the I-864 Affidavit of Support, such as the diversity immigrant visa, need to meet the public charge provisions of Section 213A of the INA?

Consular officers will review immigrant visa applicants whose visa categories do not require the I-864 under the public charge guidelines in Section 212(a)(4) of the Immigration and Nationality Act. The applicants must show that they will not become a public charge. A consular officer may ask for an Affidavit of Support, Form I-134 and supporting documents. The sponsor will need to show income at 100 percent of the federal poverty guidelines for household size, not the 125 percent required under Section 213A of the INA.

Should K-1 fiancé(e) visa applicants use the I-864 or the I-134?

Since fiancé(e)s are nonimmigrant visa applicants, they should use the I-134. They will need to submit an I-864 to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) when they adjust status to conditional immigrant in the United States after they are married.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/I-864GenInfo-FAQ-Final.pdf

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

By the way - the documents needed to support you are the same - just the form is different - so he could send you an I864 notarized and you could then present whichever is needed at the interview - your supporting papers do not need to be duplicated like employment letter, tax records etc. Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh #######! They sent me the wrong form in with packet 4.

They should have sent me form IV19 and instead they sent me form IV18.

Why don't they give these forms better names? No wonder they were confused. I guess I'll have to call the premium charge phone line tomorrow then.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.