amal

Bringing family for visits

11 posts in this topic

I am wanting to bring some of my husbands family here for a visit. I looked in that other forum but I would rather ask ppl who have worked with ME/NA especially Jordan.

My husband is a permenant resident right now and been here since december 05. Does anyone know the rules and regs for Jordan on how to bring family (at low cost preferrably). He says that his mother shouldn't be hard coz she's pretty old now and not a threat .. but what about his brothers and sisters...

I honestly have no idea where to begin. You all have given me such great advice on everything else..why should this be any different :P

Thanks in advance for ur help

(F) amal (F)

by the way..does anyone see an avatar for me? It says I have one in "my controls" but it won't let me change it and its not showing up on my screen..........hmmmmmm

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Sorry, Amal, no advice for you on bringing family over. Inch'allah, someone here can help w/ that. I just wanted to tell you that no, I don't see an avatar for you! (F)

Noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

RATS!! I'm not sure how to fix that avatar... :wacko:

:P

(F) amal (F)

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

yeah jackie, i heard that somewhere about being over a certain age to apply... I know I can't afford to pay for any more visas! 1 was enough. I really hope someone has some insight to an easier way to do it. I would love to bring his neice over (she's 13 or 14) and my favorite person of the whole family. (I know thats bad to have favorites but she is and what can i do?) :help:

I was hoping there could be some family petition or something....and something that doesn't take 12 years to get results.

(F) amal (F)

Interview-December 2005

amal.......this is what I know from sofyans family.....in 2000 his mom tried - denied......2001 tried again and was approved with a 5 yr visa....she is 59 yrs old and has been back and forth from chicago 3 times since 2001.....sofyans father tried in 2000...denied....tried again in 2001....denied....still doesnt have one.....sofyan and his brother....(21 and 24 at the time) both tried for visas and were denied....

but..................sofyan has a friend....who is 24 yrs old....randomly went to the embassy last year stating he wanted to visit some family, and was granted a 6 month visa with nooooo questions asked.....

i think its a matter of luck, and how that specific consul is feeling on that day....i would think yuor husbands parents have a slightly higher chance getting one than a teenager or young adult....the way the embassy sees it is that the younger person has no proof (kids,marriage,house,etc) to show that they will go back to jordan....

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
amal.......this is what I know from sofyans family.....in 2000 his mom tried - denied......2001 tried again and was approved with a 5 yr visa....she is 59 yrs old and has been back and forth from chicago 3 times since 2001.....sofyans father tried in 2000...denied....tried again in 2001....denied....still doesnt have one.....sofyan and his brother....(21 and 24 at the time) both tried for visas and were denied....

but..................sofyan has a friend....who is 24 yrs old....randomly went to the embassy last year stating he wanted to visit some family, and was granted a 6 month visa with nooooo questions asked.....

i think its a matter of luck, and how that specific consul is feeling on that day....i would think yuor husbands parents have a slightly higher chance getting one than a teenager or young adult....the way the embassy sees it is that the younger person has no proof (kids,marriage,house,etc) to show that they will go back to jordan....

Kelly, you are absoulutly right. It's more so a matter of luck. Being able to show ties to Jordan that would allow you to come back can help, but sometimes you don't even get far enough in the process to show them that before the denial.

My cousin also went there and just got lucky, he got a visitor visa for 6 months and he is in Chicago now. By the way he owns a salon now , so my Jordan Ladies...HE IS THE BEST! He does hair like they do in Jordan and they are so talented there!

We are also hoping that my hunny's parents can get another visa. They had a 5 year visa before and never came. I am hoping they can get another one to be here for the wedding. I would reccomend that they start applying now, incase they get denied, they can apply again. (F) GOOD LUCK!!! :star:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

So maybe I can recommend his mother to go to the embassy in person and request a visitor visa? I'm afraid she won't make it that far. She's pretty fragile. I think she would need a family member to come here with her to keep her safe...??? I really don't know. If his brother tries and gets denied, can he just up and try again when he has time?............ ugg so confusing!!

(F) amal (F)

Interview-December 2005

im pretty sure he could try again but if your mom in law had proof that she was too unstable to fly and your bro in law showed that that was his reasoning for going...its worth a shot

Filed DCF in Jordan from 7-05 to 3-06, Approved for I-R1.

Immigration Free until 2008.

Two Hearts, Two Different Places, Sharing One Dream

We were strangers~ Starting out on a journey~Never dreaming What we'd have to go through ~Now here we are ~ And I'm suddenly standing ~ At the beginning with you ~ No one told me I was going to find you ~ Unexpected ~ What you did to my heart ~ When I lost hope You were there to remind me ~ This is the start ~ Life is a road And I want to keep going ~ Love is a river I wanna keep flowing ~ Life is a road Now and forever ~ Wonderful journey ~ I'll be there When the world stops turning~ I'll be there When the storm is through ~ In the end I wanna be standing At the beginning with you~

.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So here is a bit of interesting info I just found out. I think we have all heard of the recent changes that took place in the Amman Embassy, well apparently this applies to Tourist Visas as well.

My fiance infomed that the current wait time for an interview is about 3 months. In addition to that, you have to send it your application and it will be either approved or denied for an interview at that point. So they can deny you before they even speak to you now.

I asked him to have his parents start applying now. I really want them to come for our wedding next year. If they get denied they will have time to re-apply. There is no time limit you need to wait to re-apply.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

ohh, now that's interesting...I'll let the family know! THANKS!!

amal

Interview-December 2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.