americanlass

Packet 3, wait to send it out??

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok....so here is my dilemma. My UK fiance received packet 3 in the post late last week, from what he can gather, he must have his medical completed aswell before sending it to the Embassy. He called for his medical today and they basically asked when he would like to get it done, even saying he could come in tomorrow!! Can you believe this?!?! For once things are moving quickly!! Anyways, from what he says, I only need to send him the 1-134, and then he can send out the rest of stuff, divorce decree, proof of medical etc. After this "Packet 3" step, do they then send him the "Packet 4" stuff, of which basically just is information on the Interview...this is all that I can see of which "Packet 4" consists of. Anyways...back to my dilemma lol, he is planning to come here to the US May 22-May 31 for my brother's wedding, he suggested bringing all of his packet 3 stuff here so that we could help each other fill it out properly and that way, if Packet 4 did come straight away if we sent out 3, then there would be no way of them scheduling it whilst he's here in the States and then having to reschedule. I remember with the NOA2, I believe it said something along the lines of having to have the whole process completed in 4 months or something, have others waited a couple of months before sending back Packet 3? It seems as though everyone that I've come across on here has sent it back within a couple of days....I'm just afraid if we wait to schedule the medical, we may not be so lucky and they may make us wait months before he can get it. What a messed up experience this can all be at times lol. Any help would be very much appreciated!! :blush:

I-129F sent to Cali on Dec. 19, 2007

Received NOA1 on Jan. 17, 2007

I-129F approved March 21, 2008

NOA2 Hardcopy March 26,2008

Letter from NVC sent March 29, 2008, received April 3, 2008

The Brit received Packet 3 on April 14, 2008

Medical May 16, 2008-passed yay!! :)

Packet 3 returned June 1, 2008

Packet 4 received June 2nd, 2008

Interview July 16th, 2008!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

You don't have to have the medical completed prior to sending back Packet 3. If you are worried that his interview will occur while your fiance is in the US, simply include a cover letter indicating the dates he is not available for the interview. London tends to be very about scheduling around your needs. The 4 months is how long the NOA2 is good for. If you don't send P3 back before that they tend to automatically extend the NOA2, but you will then need to submit new letters of intent to marry. P4 simply consists of a letter which tells you the date and time of the visa interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

If he sends back his Packet 3 before the medical, will he then have to submit the medical information to the Embassy after it's done or will it automatically be forwarded?

I-129F sent to Cali on Dec. 19, 2007

Received NOA1 on Jan. 17, 2007

I-129F approved March 21, 2008

NOA2 Hardcopy March 26,2008

Letter from NVC sent March 29, 2008, received April 3, 2008

The Brit received Packet 3 on April 14, 2008

Medical May 16, 2008-passed yay!! :)

Packet 3 returned June 1, 2008

Packet 4 received June 2nd, 2008

Interview July 16th, 2008!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline
If he sends back his Packet 3 before the medical, will he then have to submit the medical information to the Embassy after it's done or will it automatically be forwarded?

The doctors at Knightsbridge send the medical results to the embassy in all cases.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

It's also worth mentioning that appointments for the Medical are not that hard to come by. It's more like scheduling an appointment at any doctors. I would think that you wouldn't have to wait for more than a week for one, but I think most people find a time that suits them.

Failing that, I had my medical after my interview. London are pretty good about it, because people coming from the rest of the UK often try to schedule the two appointments at the same time.

The UK Wiki

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.