Peja

I129-F and L-1 (Intercompany Transfer) Visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Yugoslavia
Timeline

Hello VJers,

Just wanted to check if anybody had any experience on the following.

I applied for I129F for my fiancee on 03/30/08. My fiancee wanted to resign from her job and move to the US as soon as the visa is approved. When she broke the news to her managers, my fiancee was offered a transfer to USA office of the company and was offered L-1 (inter company transfer) visa for her. As far as I know, it is much faster and easier to get that visa.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Do you know if I should retract original 129F application before her company applies for L-1?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

All the best!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hello VJers,

Just wanted to check if anybody had any experience on the following.

I applied for I129F for my fiancee on 03/30/08. My fiancee wanted to resign from her job and move to the US as soon as the visa is approved. When she broke the news to her managers, my fiancee was offered a transfer to USA office of the company and was offered L-1 (inter company transfer) visa for her. As far as I know, it is much faster and easier to get that visa.

Does anybody have any experience with this? Do you know if I should retract original 129F application before her company applies for L-1?

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

All the best!

I have several friends that have L1 visas and if she can get it it will be faster than a K visa. Once she is here then you get get married and adjust status. L visas are a fairly quick way for international companies the transfer their employees to the US.

First see how long the L1 is going to take them, if you have already filed then compare the timelines. She could still work for them if she comes on a Kvisa.

Compare the timelines for both.

Edited by Gaby&Talbert

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

With the L1 visa she can work, with K1 only for 90 days and then after approval of work permit (EAD?).

I would check the timeline for the L1 and if it is the same, go that route. She also will have a job which is great and you can get married whenever you want, you are not bound to the 90 days after entry.

Wishing you luck.

Sib

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.