totes

Lagos interview today

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Tess, AP is not the end of the world but just a slight delay. Someone once told me that most AP's are for the CO's to confer with their supervisors to ensure that all tees are crossed. From everything you indicated, you did your homework very well and believe me this thing could be resolved in a very short time. Hold off on the travel to Nigeria and continue to pray. This process is a journey of faith, hope and longsuffering. Our country is very much stigmatized by the very few fraudsters who make things difficult for genuine couples like you and your SO, and that is what goes through the minds of most CO's at Lagos Embassy. Please stay strong and God will surely see you through.

I pray that you are right. My initial instinct is to jump on a plane and go to Nigeria to camp out at the Embassy, lol. For whatever good that would do me. This morning I am in a little better place than I was yesterday. Still heartbroken no doubt but running a little less on pure emotion, listening to the logical side of my brain this morning, lol.

You guys are awesome! The support here is an amazing thing!

I just keep telling myself now that God doesn't give us more than we can handle so this too shall pass and we will be able to get on with the business of spending the rest of our lives together.

Thanks again! You guys rock!

tess

09/03/08 - Visa Approved!!!!!!!

09/10/08 - Picked up visa

09/20/08 - Arrived in the US - WHOOOOHOOOOO!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
Wow....I'm so sorry. I was really hoping to continue to hear good news out of Lagos. My husband has his interview on Thursday. I was thinking...maybe because you guys met in Ghana, they need to do some kind of security check with the embassy there to make sure there's not been another petition filed there or something. Hopefully it will just be a matter of a week or two for them to check that out, and then he will be scheduled a second interview. Have you tried emailing the Lagos consolate...I know they don't always respond, but my husband actually got a response a few months back to a question he had. It's worth a try. I will be sending prayers your way.

God Bless (L)

I pray your husbands interview will be a smooth and very positive experience. You may be right about the Ghana thing, I didn't think about that, thanks! I heard from my Congressman's office this morning, he has sent an inquiry, I just hope they respond. He did ask me in his email if we had thought about getting married in Africa. Does anyone know how that would work since we have already been thru the K-1 process?

hugs,

tess

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy AP. If you should go and get married in Nigeria that would involve filing for another visa K3 or CR1/IR1. Even if you decide to get married and refile, it still is not a guaranteed approval. Who would want to start this prcocess all over? I hope the congressman is able to get some inforamtion for you and then make a suggestion as to what needs to be done. Stay strong, we are here to support you (F)

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Sorry that you are placed on AP. We were placed on AP in march, 2008. This letter that they gave you is the same letter we were given.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers also for a speedy AP (F)

****Removal of Conditions ****

7/13/09 Sent I-751 application VSC

7/16/09 Package arrived at VSC at 2:08pm signed by D. Renaud

7/24/09 Rcvd I-797C, NOA from VSC

7/29/09 Rcvd Biometric letter...biometrics appt 8/18/09

11/24/09 Rcvd ROC approval ltr...dated 11/18/09

12/04/09 Rcvd 10 yr Green Card in mail

Timeline
I just wanted to tell you that I am truly sorry about the outcome of the interview and you are in my prayers (F)

Thank you very much!

I am acutally one of those people who always feels as if I should be "doing something", so...... about mid day, dried my swollen eyes and got on the phone to my Congressman's office. The man I spoke with was very nice and told me not to worry (of course I started crying again, dangit!) that they do this all the time and that it sounds as if my fiance' took moore than enough evidence. He said that he will be calling and emailing them to get to the bottom of the reason for the AP. I also typed and sent a formal letter of request (for whatever good it will do) to the US Embassy in Lagos requesting additional information.

Maybe neither thing will help but makes me feel a little better, doing something.

Thanks so much for your prayers!

tess

I just got this back from my Congressman's office:

I just got this from the U.S. Consulate in Lagos. Your fiancée was not denied a K-3 visa, all the Department of State is saying is that they need additional time to decide on your fiancées case.

Here is what they wrote:

Thank you for your email. The interviewing officer informed the applicant that additional administrative processing was required in this case. The applicant was told that this process can last six to twelve months and that he will be re-invited after the processing is completed. We hope this addresses your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Section

U.S. Consulate General

Lagos, Nigeria

Wow! That was helpful! I swear, it makes me so angry that the Consulate's are allowed to operate in this manner!

12/06/08 - Wedding

01/12/09 - AOS sent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.