ngoc

Min. Income Req.

44 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ngoc,

This is for darn sure!

Repeat our words: NO LAZINESS & FACTS! FACTS! FACTS!

Whatever you present better have a reputable piece of proof to back it up.

STL_HCMC

yes, i will give them the best facts that i could. the $500 is just an estimate amount. i gotta alotta homework to do.

K1 Timeline

12/27/2005...I-129F Sent (Nebraska Service Center)

07/19/2006...Visa Approved

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

03/08/2007...AOS Approved

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

06/10/2009...I-751 Approved

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

12/09/2011...Oath Ceremony

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Not just tell them you earned $23,000, right? You should be able to prove this. Your wife can earn some pretty good money doing nails here. My wife has a friend that moved here with her husband last year and she took a course to learn that. She's now making about $3000 a month, which sounds great, except that she works 12 hours a day and gets 2 days off a month. I'll bet those are two GREAT days though! I shouldn't be too harsh on you about your finances. Our women like to work, that's for sure, so you'll do fine. Just take some time before making little ngocs. ;)

Dalegg,

true but not always true...not everyone works 12 hrs a day, 28 days a month doing nails..sometimes they go home early and come in late, etc.. and they can take days off alot easier than say at xyz company. it all varies you know. i dont know about the rest of you but we will have great days everyday not just those 2 days.

Edited by ngoc

08/01/04 met Van out of the blue in VN

11/25/04 left VN

12/01/04 hired lawyer

05/25/05 lawyer FINALLY submit complete docs!!!

06/01/05 rec'd NOA1, error found but ignored

10/25/05 go back to VN to wait on case

01/25/06 left VN

03/01/06 tired of waiting, finally realized error is the cause of delay, call USCIS

04/01/06 rec'd letter from USCIS regarding correction being made

04/19/06 USCIS advise add'l evidence is needed, letter was sent to Lawyer

05/01/06 forward original copy of Nat. of Cert to Lawyer

Timeline

Ngoc,

I'm not trying to stress you out. I'm just trying to stress to you the point of facts. It is meant as pure motivation. I was serious when I said there is no room for exagerations - because there isn't. I was also serious when I told you how many people walk out of the consulate in HCMC with blue slips because they didn't know about the VisaJourney site and the tips/hints/stories that we are afforded on here. Perhaps they too thought exageration would be OK. We are ALL learning here - that is the beauty of this message board. You will find specific HCMC consulate examples from document completion tips all the way to specific interview reports that previous approved members have posted on here. This site - and its Vietnam members that are more than happy to answer questions and help each other out - is an invaluable tool to us all and this process.

Please don't see Dalegg and I as against you in any way. Like I've stated before, we are all in this together to help each other. Don't shiver. Transfer that energy in to your detailed and diligent planning.

STL_HCMC

STL, HCM

please dont stress me out with those CAPS on. i hope its just motivation. u 2 guys make me shiver a little. im taking this very serious and its no laughing matter. this will be the most important thing in my life and of course i will prove to them facts, nuthing but facts..

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

Timeline
Ngoc,

I'm not trying to stress you out. I'm just trying to stress to you the point of facts. It is meant as pure motivation. I was serious when I said there is no room for exagerations - because there isn't. I was also serious when I told you how many people walk out of the consulate in HCMC with blue slips because they didn't know about the VisaJourney site and the tips/hints/stories that we are afforded on here. Perhaps they too thought exageration would be OK. We are ALL learning here - that is the beauty of this message board. You will find specific HCMC consulate examples from document completion tips all the way to specific interview reports that previous approved members have posted on here. This site - and its Vietnam members that are more than happy to answer questions and help each other out - is an invaluable tool to us all and this process.

Please don't see Dalegg and I as against you in any way. Like I've stated before, we are all in this together to help each other. Don't shiver. Transfer that energy in to your detailed and diligent planning.

STL_HCMC

STL, HCM

please dont stress me out with those CAPS on. i hope its just motivation. u 2 guys make me shiver a little. im taking this very serious and its no laughing matter. this will be the most important thing in my life and of course i will prove to them facts, nuthing but facts..

well, sorry for being a newbie. my case is still pending so it will be a while before the interview. i also have a lawyer on my side to help me be prepared but hes not doing a very good job, thats why i came here and get as much as information and prepartion beforehand.

i dont know, some of things you guys say makes me nervous but also it could be just me. i guess its a combination of both..

appreciate the motovation

11/25/04 left VN

12/01/04 hired lawyer

01/25/06 left VN

03/01/06 tired of waiting, finally realized error is the cause of delay, call USCIS

Timeline

Ngoc,

No need to apologize for being a newbie.

Another thing you might consider is starting your timeline on VisaJourney and also putting a signature timeline to appear at the bottom of your posts. This will help others on here know exactly what stage of the visa journey you and your wife are in. There is a help section on VisaJourney that can show you how to create your timeline and signature. The signature is relatively easy and completed by you through the "My Controls" section of VisaJourney.

STL_HCMC

well, sorry for being a newbie. my case is still pending so it will be a while before the interview. i also have a lawyer on my side to help me be prepared but hes not doing a very good job, thats why i came here and get as much as information and prepartion beforehand.

i dont know, some of things you guys say makes me nervous but also it could be just me. i guess its a combination of both..

appreciate the motovation

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
i also have a lawyer on my side to help me be prepared but hes not doing a very good job,

suprise, suprise.

Nervousness is a good thing. Means you're concerned, and if you're concerned you'll try hard to be prepared.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Ok, Now it's my turn to chime in,

Ngoc,

You may still have along way to go, so use your time well. I am not very familure with the K3 process.

Do you need to show proof of relationship, phone bills, emails.

It is best to talk to your wife on the phone, and speak english with her, this way it will give her some practice. You can also record you speaking english and send it to her to practice.

Tyr to eliminate the red flags that can pop up in your case. Try to get a second job. you have plany of time.

K1____Timeline

California processing center

Consulate: HCMC

I-129F sent ----------------------------------09/20/2005

NOA 1 (receipt)------------------------------09/27/2005

NOA 2 (approved)----------- ---------------12/12/2005

Package received by NVC------------------12/23/2005

Package left NVC----------------------------12/30/2005

Received by consulate----------------------01/04/2006

Recieved instructions (pkt 3)---------------01/27/2006

Date completed instructions (pkt 3)-------02/28/2006

Date recieved appointment letter (pkt4)--03/23/2006

Interview Date-------------------------------04/24/2006

Recieved visa--------------------------------04/27/2006

Timeline

Ngoc,

You may still have along way to go, so use your time well. I am not very familure with the K3 process.

It is best to talk to your wife on the phone, and speak english with her, this way it will give her some practice. You can also record you speaking english and send it to her to practice.

Tyr to eliminate the red flags that can pop up in your case. Try to get a second job. you have plany of time.

welcome to the party Bruce Han. yes i have almost all the proof that they need. i only have about 20 pictures of us together, that could be a problem wouldnt u think?

well ima have her take english courses pretty soon.

thanks for the advice

11/25/04 left VN

12/01/04 hired lawyer

01/25/06 left VN

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You guys are wearing me out..........

I would like to make a comment on why I think there are so many Blue Slips and it has to do with VNs people.

I don't want to start an NEW conversation but the concept relates to this thread.

I worked for a top school in HCMC preparing VNs students to study in America, my observations.

They ALWAYS cheated on tests and they thought this practice was normal and I've had students "kicked out" of the TOEFL exams that were given by Americans every 3 months. Next, I reviewed their paperwork when they applied for scholarships, etc. They ALWAYS thought it was OK just to answer most of the questions and it wasn't necessary to answer everything correctly. 90% of the time, they didn't dot their i's and cross their t's.

All n all, they're just not used to 100% compliance and following the rules. (sort of like the street traffic?)

These are my persoanal first hand observations and I think a lot of VNs visa applicants go into the process thinking that I'll fill these papers in 90% and I'll be OK?

Ngoc,

welcome to the party Bruce Han. yes i have almost all the proof that they need. i only have about 20 pictures of us together, that could be a problem wouldnt u think?

well ima have her take english courses pretty soon.

thanks for the advice

You got married in VN and only have 20 pictures with your wife? Wedding photography is very inexpensive in VN, and you should have contracted for a lot more pictures. When I got married, the photographer took 500 pictures and my wife took about 200 pictures to the interview.

K-3 is the same as K-1 as far as the public charge issue is concerned. You won't be able to use the I-864 as it is specifically not available for K-1/K-3. The consular officer looks for a history of stable income. My wife received her visa although I had a joint sponsor and did not have an income for 2005 since I was attending school. I was able to provide proof of income for prior years to the satisfaction of the consular officer.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Okay ngoc. Now for the important part. I'm trying to add you to my list, but I need to verify your timeline. First of all, I know you are not going through Armenia, so change that. Second, your timeline says you sent your I-130 on May 25, 2005 and received your NOA1 on June 1, 2005. :huh: If this is true you've sure been waiting a while for approval. What's the skinny here?

Edited by Vietnam

Filed: Timeline

I believe there were problems with their losing his paperwork.

My advice to ngoc is to try very hard to get his parents as co-sponsors. They are NOT legally obligated to provide for his wife. That is the problem with I-134. It is not legally binding and therefore HCMC is kind of saying "screw you" to co-sponsors. But it is better to have one and have that co-sponsor be your parent than to have none at all.

Timeline

I ran across this article on the Than Nien News English version website. Perhaps this adds a little more to the Vietnamese mindset that Patricks is talking about. I won't say ALL Vietnamese are like this, but after living/working here for 1 year already, I will agree and say this way of thinking is common.

STL_HCMC

-----------------------------------------------------------

Vietnamese student in France expelled for forging document

May 9, 2006 - Thanh Nien News

Story Link: HERE

A Vietnamese student in France was recently caught forging a certificate and is awaiting expulsion from the country.

The problem began when N.T.K., a postgraduate student, went to the immigration office in France to extend his residence permit. He was asked to submit a letter from his school confirming he regularly attended French language courses. It is one of several conditions imposed by the French government for issuing residence permits and identity cards to foreign students.

Unfortunately, N.T.K. had not regularly attended French language classes, working during that time to earn money for study expenses. In the event, his school refused to grant him the confirmation letter.

He decided to forge it himself. A week later, he was summoned by the police for investigation and the cat was out of the bag.

In a letter he wrote to Thanh Nien, N.T.K. admits sadly it was as an expensive lesson for him and hopes it will serve as a lesson to others.

Written by N.T.K. – Translated by M.Phat

They ALWAYS cheated on tests and they thought this practice was normal and I've had students "kicked out" of the TOEFL exams that were given by Americans every 3 months.
They ALWAYS thought it was OK just to answer most of the questions and it wasn't necessary to answer everything correctly. 90% of the time, they didn't dot their i's and cross their t's.
All n all, they're just not used to 100% compliance and following the rules. (sort of like the street traffic?)
...I think a lot of VNs visa applicants go into the process thinking that I'll fill these papers in 90% and I'll be OK?
Edited by STL_HCMC

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

01/23/2007...AOS Sent

Removing Conditions

01/12/2009...I-751 Sent

Naturalization

03/27/2010...N-400 Sent

11/21/2011...Approval

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.