hheaven67

K3 filer needs advice on forms please

9 posts in this topic

Hi all...anyone that is/has recently gone thru the K3/K4 process, we would appreciate your answers...

We just got our NOA2 for our K3 so it should be (hopefully) at the NVC shortly. From what we understand, the NVC is quite prompt at getting the app forwarded to Vancouver.

What we're wondering is if I can NOW apply for the criminal record check and book the medical (or try to have it done soon) or do I have to wait for forms from the consulate to accompany the requests (for the dr appt as well as the record check)??

Your responses are greatly appreciated!

jen & jim

effective May 13, 2011 - back in Canada, journey is over

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Howdy!!! I grew up in PA. Parents now reside in Saskatoon. Ya u can go out and get ur Police check completed. With regards to the medical, some DR's want the letter stating u require the medical completed.

I may be mistaken, but I recall someone stating that the DR in Saskatoon is NO longer doing the medicals!! As well the 1 in Edmonton has flown the coup!! So that would leave going to Winnipeg or Calgary, OR getting it completed in Vancouver. Actually you can go to any of the approved DRs in Canada!! Fill up the lear jet and make it a holiday,lol

ps I just add I have no clue on the timeline that the K3 takes! I do know Vancouver is a lot faster than Mtl! Best of luck. Where in SK are u?

Edited by flames9

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Howdy!!! I grew up in PA. Parents now reside in Saskatoon. Ya u can go out and get ur Police check completed. With regards to the medical, some DR's want the letter stating u require the medical completed.

I may be mistaken, but I recall someone stating that the DR in Saskatoon is NO longer doing the medicals!! As well the 1 in Edmonton has flown the coup!! So that would leave going to Winnipeg or Calgary, OR getting it completed in Vancouver. Actually you can go to any of the approved DRs in Canada!! Fill up the lear jet and make it a holiday,lol

ps I just add I have no clue on the timeline that the K3 takes! I do know Vancouver is a lot faster than Mtl! Best of luck. Where in SK are u?

Hi Flames! Thank you for your reply...I will be calling the Commissionaires tomorrow, thank you for the link on another post. I have talked to them already & know that it doesn't take much time, really, especially with a clean record. I do know that the doc in Saskatoon has retired from doing the medicals for the US Consulate...I forwarded the info to my doc to see if he was interested...my last conversation with him the other day, he wasn't sure as he does not profit for medical purposes..that was his statement. I will be flying to Calgary for it, unfortunately. At least flights to Calgary thru WestJet aren't much.

I know that if I have to, I can contact the Consulate & see if I can move up the interview due to the fact I am taking my 15 yr old son with me & he needs to get settled & registered for school in Ventura, CA.

I'm in Saskatoon, grew up in Choiceland (was there for 18 yrs, Sasktoon for 23 yrs)...know PA very well as my grandparents & relatives live(d) there...thanks again...keep in touch!

jen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure if the Commissionaires do that in Sk, guess when u call them you will find out! Yep know where choiceland is,lol Im hoping to get back to Stoon for a bit this summer to just chill, wil see.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I would just go to your local police or RCMP. I've never heard of the Commissionaires doing it in SK. You forwarded what information to your doctor in SK? Your own doctor might be interested...but if he's not on the approved list, he won't be able to do it. We could sure use one though for SK, so maybe you sent him an application to be one?? :lol:

If the doctor in Calgary doesn't require the interview letter, I'd go ahead and book everything. The medical, and the police certificate are good for a year, so you're okay to do that now I'm sure.

I didn't know you were from SK...awesome! I'm from there, and moved here to the US last year.

carlahmsb4.gif

I would just go to your local police or RCMP. I've never heard of the Commissionaires doing it in SK. You forwarded what information to your doctor in SK? Your own doctor might be interested...but if he's not on the approved list, he won't be able to do it. We could sure use one though for SK, so maybe you sent him an application to be one?? :lol:

If the doctor in Calgary doesn't require the interview letter, I'd go ahead and book everything. The medical, and the police certificate are good for a year, so you're okay to do that now I'm sure.

I didn't know you were from SK...awesome! I'm from there, and moved here to the US last year.

Hi Carla & thank you again flames...yes, the Commissionaires here take care of it. I knew that as I spoke to them a couple months ago...just getting ahead of the 8 ball...the local Commissionaires office takes your fingerprints for $75 cash, sends it to Ottawa (I do believe) and within 2 wks they send you the results. Yes, I was amazed that the RCMP doesn't look after that as that's where I started calling & asking questions.

I received info (via email) from the consulate as to what my doc needs to be an approved Panel Physician. I forwarded it to him, he is thinking about it. Won't help me tho, I'll still have to go to Calgary...will be calling Dr. Viljoen's office tomorrow to see if they can do the physical now, then once I get the letter that I needed this done, fax it to them, then pay to have them send me the results.

I simply cannot WAIT to be "home"...it really is home thru and thru...Jim and I just want to start our life together...NOW! lol... My son is really excited too and discouraged that the wait has been so long! He's turning 16 soon and at least has realized the opportunities he will have over the next 2 yrs...people pay thousands of dollars to go to California and he'll be right there to see & experience it all! After high school, the choice is his, all doors open!

thanks all...

jen

Hi Carla & thank you again flames...yes, the Commissionaires here take care of it. I knew that as I spoke to them a couple months ago...just getting ahead of the 8 ball...the local Commissionaires office takes your fingerprints for $75 cash, sends it to Ottawa (I do believe) and within 2 wks they send you the results. Yes, I was amazed that the RCMP doesn't look after that as that's where I started calling & asking questions.

I received info (via email) from the consulate as to what my doc needs to be an approved Panel Physician. I forwarded it to him, he is thinking about it. Won't help me tho, I'll still have to go to Calgary...will be calling Dr. Viljoen's office tomorrow to see if they can do the physical now, then once I get the letter that I needed this done, fax it to them, then pay to have them send me the results.

I simply cannot WAIT to be "home"...it really is home thru and thru...Jim and I just want to start our life together...NOW! lol... My son is really excited too and discouraged that the wait has been so long! He's turning 16 soon and at least has realized the opportunities he will have over the next 2 yrs...people pay thousands of dollars to go to California and he'll be right there to see & experience it all! After high school, the choice is his, all doors open!

thanks all...

jen

Unless you have a criminal record though you don't need fingerprints done. Saying they'll be 2 weeks is good if that's true, however sending prints to Ottawa I would suspect would take more like 3 months! You might want to check this out!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Carla is right (as always) you only need fingerprints if there is anything on your record.

Also- Vancouver wants a Police Certificate, not just the background check you would normally get. I had to phone my local RCMP a few times before I talked to someone who knew what I was talking about. When I went to get it I was in and out with it in a few minutes.

Carla is right (as always) you only need fingerprints if there is anything on your record.

Also- Vancouver wants a Police Certificate, not just the background check you would normally get. I had to phone my local RCMP a few times before I talked to someone who knew what I was talking about. When I went to get it I was in and out with it in a few minutes.

Ok, I just called Sharon with the Commissionaires in Saskatoon here...I explicitly told her that it was for Immigration to the US...that I will be MOVING...she said it's the same process...they send in the info digitally (fingerprints and all no matter what) and I get the digital fingerprints back with the Police Certificate attached within 2 wks...the RCMP in Saskatoon do not do ANY background/criminal record checks/police certificates. She does them all the time for Travel Waivers, she told me to remind her when I go in tomorrow that it is for Permanent Residence in the US so that she can code the request properly as it's all done electronically. Thanks everyone!

PS...I just thought of something...does anyone know if my 15 yr old son (will be 16 as of May 23rd) needs to get this done as well? or is he still a minor...not sure of the age, 18? then he would've needed it done as well? ugh...all these questions!

jen

Edited by hheaven67

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.