LynnandAhmed

DOS,Cairo Embassy and DHL

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I got a call from DHL this week saying the package was delivered on March 4th at 11am......

Of course, I got scared because Ahmed doesn't have the visa so I called DHL.

She said that they told me the wrong automated message. She said that it sometimes happens by mistake.

It is just when they periodically scan the package, so she said it was probably scanned on March 4th. She said

it's still at the Embassy.

Next, I called DOS today. She said that just this week, a message was sent to the Embassy telling them that

the security clearances were finished. Then, she said it is up to the Embassy to issue the visa if the security clearance was alright.

She said that they can request further clearances if they want to.

I have heard that the security clearances were finished last week though.

Apparently the notice was sent to the Embassy this week she said.

It's funny how I have been told so many different things..........it seems like they want to tell you something, even

if it's the same as before. It sounds like the Embassy requested further security clearances which

have just been completed and the results have been sent to the Embassy from the DOS.

I guess if they keep requesting security clearances and maybe doing a home visit, then it can drag on a while.

I'm sure it doesn't help matters because many terrorists come from Egypt.

In fact Mohamed Atta who flew the plane into the towers was from Kafr El Shiek district in the Delta which

is the same district Ahmed lives in.

I would rather them do 100 checks if it assures the safety of the US citizens, but just wish they didn't have

to be done on Ahmed.

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Lynn,

I am sure everything is coming to an end. Our security checks finished on March 31st and our visa printed on the 7th of April so I am sure yours is close behind. Have faith....you and Ahmed will be together soon. I know how frustrating it is to be told so many things and then told something different the next time. Especially when you get your hopes up and then you are let down yet again. But I have not lost faith in one thing I am sure is constant and that is Ahmed's and my love for eachother.....They may can control when we get the visa...but they cannot keep us apart forever. This too shall pass. Eventually we will be together. Hang in there...you are in my prayers.

I vent alot too because the embassy is so frustrating. I have to remind myself at least it has not been a year yet like some....and no matter what we will be together.

Heck I finally told my dad he was muslim and we were getting married yesterday and asked him to walk me down the aisle. He said yes he would. I was so shocked. But am happy he said yes and happy he knows now. That was the biggest problem I had. All my family knew except my Dad. He is soooooo closed minded. But it went well. So alot of my stress and worries are over now. Just got to get the groom here so we can complete the Wedding ceremony.

Keep us posted. I will pray for you right now and continue praying every night until visa is in hand.

Cheryl (F)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
Lynn,

I am sure everything is coming to an end. Our security checks finished on March 31st and our visa printed on the 7th of April so I am sure yours is close behind. Have faith....you and Ahmed will be together soon. I know how frustrating it is to be told so many things and then told something different the next time. Especially when you get your hopes up and then you are let down yet again. But I have not lost faith in one thing I am sure is constant and that is Ahmed's and my love for eachother.....They may can control when we get the visa...but they cannot keep us apart forever. This too shall pass. Eventually we will be together. Hang in there...you are in my prayers.

I vent alot too because the embassy is so frustrating. I have to remind myself at least it has not been a year yet like some....and no matter what we will be together.

Heck I finally told my dad he was muslim and we were getting married yesterday and asked him to walk me down the aisle. He said yes he would. I was so shocked. But am happy he said yes and happy he knows now. That was the biggest problem I had. All my family knew except my Dad. He is soooooo closed minded. But it went well. So alot of my stress and worries are over now. Just got to get the groom here so we can complete the Wedding ceremony.

Keep us posted. I will pray for you right now and continue praying every night until visa is in hand.

Cheryl (F)

Thanks so much Cheryl for all your support and encouragement and understanding.

I hope that others benefit from reading the chain of events and aren't too bored with it all.

So maybe 2 to 3 weeks or so and we might have a visa???

Wow........that would be awesome.

I told you that I sent in the info request to the the congresswoman today. She will probably get it on Monday and maybe they can do some inquiry.........

Do they email or do they call?

She is on a committee in Congress that deals with healthcare in Africa.........

maybe she will know someone in Africa that lives in Egypt........lol...........

who knows???

I wonder how many people are delayed with visa processing that don't post on visa journey......

That would be interesting to know.

You should be getting a visa any day now, right? At least in a couple of weeks?

Then are you buying the plane ticket?

Are they more expensive if bought at the last moment?

If you love me, then I have everything I need

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just my experience:

When I emailed Cairo, I asked SPECIFIC questions. I'd email and let them know DOS has stated the security checks were completed then ask them if the visa has been cleared for issuance. DOS has to look on a seperate screen for this information. SO when asking DOS...ASK them to check to see if the visa has been "cleared for issuance". That is what you want to hear. When ours was sent back to Cairo it was sent by DOS as "cleared for issuance". At that point it went into Officers Final review. I was blessed that Cairo answered my emails, but I was very specific and didnt take and vague answers...I'd email back to clarify what exactly they meant. NI at the embassy will give more in depth answers than NA or NM or any others (whoever they are...just the initials used on the emails) I'd say once you are told its been printed you should have it within 10 days from that date, so Cheryl, I'd keep on top of this and email Cairo to find out if its in Officers final review, mailed out or what. Ours took 7 days from the date it was cleared for issuance. Just be specific and dont be afraid to email right back and ask them to clarify the status of your process. It worked for us. Good luck...for you both.

Faith

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.