sarahaziz

ALGERIAN EMBASSY

9 posts in this topic

I am inquiring about who has gone through the Interview and approval (visa stamp in passport for USA).

When you got your visa did your spouse have any troubles in France/Germany for the layover stop?

Did they need a stamp in the passport to enter France/Germany since they were Algerian citizens?

Also when purchasing a ticket my spouse is insisting that he can get his own ticket because you can ONLY purchase a ticket from ALGERIA for Algerian citizens to leave without any problems?!?!

Anybody know if its permissible to buy a ticket from Algiers to USA from USA? (experience in that anybody?)

Trying to find a low fare also any assistance will be appreciated.

بحبك يا حبيبي اكمني بهواك و بحس انك مني

5474201_bodyshot_300x400_1214598846979.gif

5474626_bodyshot_300x400_1214601075246.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Sarah,

If he has to leave the airport in Europe ( to change airports, for ex) he will need to get a transit visa. This just adds an extra layer you do not want to have to deal with. So, get a ticket that does not require changing airports. Lufthansa flights through Frankfurt do not require changing airports. If you buy an Air France ticket just be SURE that the ALG to Paris leg arrives in CDG as that is where the Paris to US flight will leave from. DO NOT get a ticket to Orly. Double check. Triple check. I once bought a ticket on RAM through CDG so I would not have to change airports on my way to Marrakech and RAM just decided to put me on a different flight that left from Orly. No notice. Just decided I should be on a different flight from a different airport. So, I now demand, demand again, check, check again.

You can buy tickets on line from either of these airlines and then just have him go to the office in Algierswith the confirmation number and print out a paper ticket. Or, he can buy them there. Try both and see which gets you a better price. The only problem I forsee with buying it here or with buying one online is that you do not want him flying on an e-ticket as the check-in desk in Algiers won't take it (this could have changed recently. anyone?). So, be sure he gets a paper ticket. Call Lufthansa and Air France and ask. They'll tell you your options.

For international ticket searching, I like www.kayak.com

Timeline

I think he is saying that an airline won't sell an Algerian a ticket unless they know he has a visa. This hasn't been the case for me. They won't let him on the plane unless he shows the visa, but I have never had to show anything to buy a ticket, only give a passport number and tell them he has a visa. Call Lufthansa and Air France and see what they tell you.

Unrelated, but given the current exchange rate, if you have the option of paying dinar rather than USD for the ticket it might be a good thing.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I don't know if this will help. On my last trip from Morocco, my plane landed late and I was stranded in Amsterdam with an Algerian woman traveling to the USA on a student visa. She didn't need a visa to connect in Amsterdam as long as she stayed in the airport, but we were stuck there overnight, and the airline put us up in a hotel, so she had to get a one-day visa to leave the airport. She was able to take care of that in the airport within an hour or so.

I'm the USC.

11/05/2007........Conditional permanent residency effective date.

01/10/2008........Two-year green card in hand.

08/08/2009........Our son was born <3

08/08/2009........Filed for removal of conditions.

12/16/2009........ROC was approved.

11/05/2010........Eligible for Naturalization.

03/01/2011........Separated.

11/05/2012........Eligible for Naturalization.

Hmm, thanks ladies, this problem is so complex it really is getting harder as he's comming to USA. Waiting for the visa was the easy part!

Jpaula, I think the e-ticket was the issue my spouse was acting crazy over. That they wouldn't accept an e-ticket. Do you know the estimate in dinars what the one way/roundtrip ticket would cost by dinars? He keeps saying 9 million dinar and we're arguing about that 9 million is basically 900 dollars I think. It should be less for a one way ?? I've never purchased a ticket FROM algiers. This is so complicated!!!

Edited by sarahaziz

Timeline

I know it seems like one way would be cheaper, but do not try to find rhyme or reason in ticket pricing.

Nine hundred dollars seems about right. Of course, playing with dates may get you a better price. It also (mysteriously) might be cheaper if you price rt tickets and then just plan on not using the return. From San Francisco I've paid 800. I've paid 1400. Again, no rhyme or reason. Have him call the Lufthansa office in Algiers and see what price they give him. Or Air France, but they often didn't answer the phone when I tried--finally had to go in in person. Honestly, if anyone will sell you a ticket for 900 I would go for it. I would guess prices go up as spring drags into summer.

You can, if you choose, buy a ticket on line and then have him go in to either of these offices where they can print him a paper ticket. Just e-mail him the confirmation, have him print it out and bring it to show them.

Lufthansa office in Alger:

No. 6, Rue Emir El Khatabi, Centre d'Alger

tel: +213 (021) 643 643

lufthansa.algerie@dlh.de

Air France's website is being slow at the moment, but you can find the Algiers office contact on it.

Filed: Timeline
Hmm, thanks ladies, this problem is so complex it really is getting harder as he's comming to USA. Waiting for the visa was the easy part!

Jpaula, I think the e-ticket was the issue my spouse was acting crazy over. That they wouldn't accept an e-ticket. Do you know the estimate in dinars what the one way/roundtrip ticket would cost by dinars? He keeps saying 9 million dinar and we're arguing about that 9 million is basically 900 dollars I think. It should be less for a one way ?? I've never purchased a ticket FROM algiers. This is so complicated!!!

mine is going air algerie to europe (bought there)and im going to buy an e ticket..from here,,,,he cant transit once he gets there...he needs to go europe directly to the us

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Defientely look into a roundtrip ticket it is often times much cheaper than a one way. My husband also had better luck buying the ticket in Morocco then me purchasing from here (it was cheaper). You can generally get transit visas if you are stuck over night - my husband has gotten them twice in London.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Thanks again ladies. 900 is probably our best bet. He's already gotten it reserved from my uncle who works there so i'll trust his word on it. tickets here start like 1500 + tax...excussssssseee me! :o

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.