ElenaK

Bringing stepchild without bringing spouse

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

My foreighn spouse has an elderly mom, so he can not come to the US right now. I'm citizen, live in the US and travel abroad to see my husband at least 2 times a year. He has 17 y.o. son, and I'd like to bring him to the US now. Can I get I-130 for him without bringing his father? Will he be able to get his Green Card on his own? Conditional or not?

Please give me the link if you can, I broused USCIS pages a lot and was not able to find an answer.

Thanks,

Elena

Filed: Timeline
Hello,

My foreighn spouse has an elderly mom, so he can not come to the US right now. I'm citizen, live in the US and travel abroad to see my husband at least 2 times a year. He has 17 y.o. son, and I'd like to bring him to the US now. Can I get I-130 for him without bringing his father? Will he be able to get his Green Card on his own? Conditional or not?

Please give me the link if you can, I broused USCIS pages a lot and was not able to find an answer.

Thanks,

Elena

A citizen of the United States can file the I-130 form to start an immigrant visa petition for a spouse, child (any age or civil state), parent, sibling, step-child (if the marriage took place before the step-child was 18 years old) and step-parent (if the marriage took place before the petitioner was 18 years old).

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

Hello,

Thanks,

Elena

A citizen of the United States can file the I-130 form to start an immigrant visa petition for a spouse, child (any age or civil state), parent, sibling, step-child (if the marriage took place before the step-child was 18 years old) and step-parent (if the marriage took place before the petitioner was 18 years old).

So if I marry now, and my fiancee's son is already 19, can I not file an I-130 to bring him to the US as my step-child? Thanks, and sorry to post this here, but someone suggested that I could do this.

Pat's Husband

K-1 visa

Bogotá, Colombia

Interview Date :............2008-05-15, VISA APPROVED

Visa Received :.............2008-05-20

U.S.A.

POE Date :..................2008-08-30 Saturday, Miami FL (awful - more than 5 hours)

Wedding Date : .............2008-09-11 Thursday

AOS:

Interview Appt:.............2009-02-05

GC approved:................2009-02-05

GC arrived:.................2009-02-17 (END)

GC expires:.................2011-02-05**

Removing of conditions (ROC):

ROC will be filed with:.....CSC

ROC filing date:............2010-11-13 (ACTUAL SENDING DATE, SATURDAY)

ROC filing received by CSC..2010-11-15 (CONFIRMED VIA EMAIL)

ROC check cashed by CSC.....2010-11-17

ROC NOA date received:......2010-11-20

ROC NOA date printed:.......2010-11-15

ROC RFE dates(if any):......(none so far)

ROC Bio Appt Date(if any):..2010-12-22

ROC Interview Date(if any):.None

ROC GC approved Date:.......2011-02-16

ROC GC received Date:.......2011-02-22 (END)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.