Riccar08

VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS FOR “K” VISA APPLICANTS

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance Carol's mother does not have records of her vaccinations. Does Carol need to get all of these vaccinations before her medical. I am confused it says :

“K” visa applicants, as nonimmigrant visa applicants, are technically not subject to the vaccination requirement. “K” visa applicants who refuse to comply with the vaccination requirement will not be denied a visa on that basis.

VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS FOR “K” VISA APPLICANTS U.S. immigration law requires that ALL intending immigrants be vaccinated against certain vaccine-preventable diseases before they can be admitted to the United States for permanent residence. Vaccinations currently required are as follows:

 Mumps

 Measles

 Rubella

 Polio

 Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoids

 Pertussis

 Influenza Type B

 Hepatitis Type A

 Hepatitis Type B

 Varicella

 Pneumoccocal

 Rotavirus

 Meningococcal

 Human Papillomavirus

 Zoster

 Any other vaccinations recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Advisory Committee for Immunization Practices

“K” visa applicants, as nonimmigrant visa applicants, are technically not subject to the vaccination requirement. “K” visa applicants who refuse to comply with the vaccination requirement will not be denied a visa on that basis. As a matter of expediency, however, it is encouraged that “K” visa applicants meet the vaccination requirement before they are admitted into the U.S. Bring Your Vaccination Records for the Panel Physician’s Review You should bring records to show that you have already received vaccinations against certain vaccine-preventable diseases. The panel physician will review the vaccination records and will determine if you meet the vaccination requirement. Only the panel physician can determine which vaccinations are medically appropriate. This could mean that you may be required to repeat doses of vaccines that you have already received. Administering a second dose, however, will not endanger your health.

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2007-12-04

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-12-06

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-11

NVC Left : 2008-03-26

Consulate Received : 2008-04-01

Packet 4 Received : 2008-04-11

Interview Date : 2008-06-18 Submit Review

Visa Received : 2008-06-28

US Entry : 2008-07-16

Marriage : 2008-08-21

St. Lukes will give her vaccines that will be appropriate for her, it is part of the medical fee that she will be paying. She could decline to have the vaccines and it will still be ok (she will still have to pay the standard fee, no less or discount) but she will still be needing those vaccine report when she gets to the US and be adjusting her status and from what i heard it is more expensive to have all those vaccines in the US plus some of those vaccines need to be administered in successions so it is better for her to start it at st. lukes since she will be paying for it whether she'll have it or not.

best of luck to you. God speed. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

St. Lukes will give her vaccines that will be appropriate for her, it is part of the medical fee that she will be paying. She could decline to have the vaccines and it will still be ok (she will still have to pay the standard fee, no less or discount) but she will still be needing those vaccine report when she gets to the US and be adjusting her status and from what i heard it is more expensive to have all those vaccines in the US plus some of those vaccines need to be administered in successions so it is better for her to start it at st. lukes since she will be paying for it whether she'll have it or not.

best of luck to you. God speed. (F)

:yes:

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

IT depends on her medical outcome what will the doctor will give her base on my experience the lady doctor at the immunization interview told me that they will give me 2 kinds of vaccines which are MMR and HPV but on my 2nd day they just gave me MMR instead makes me glad it means less pain :lol: ..

She have her options too they will ask her either she will have it here or there in US so need not to worry,as for me i choose to have my vaccines here because i pay big money for that ;)

DSC01000.jpg

PUERTO GALERA/SUMMER '08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

the doctor will interview and look to see if you have to scar from vac on your shoulder from vac.( the round circle ) and will check the blood to also see what you will need for vac. and the next day they will let you know what you will need good luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.