TinTin and Samby

K1 approved 4 April 2008 Manila USE

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi All,

TinTin had her interview today at the US Embassy in Manila. We are happy to report that 1) document verification was complete at the time fo the interview, 2) Her K1 Visa was Approved and 3) the embassy approved our request for a visa pickup at the embassy, thereby bypassing the use of delbros's delivery services. :dance:

BAYVIEW PARK HOTEL: We arrived into Manila in the afternoon the day before and checked into the Bayview Park Hotel for 1 night. It is located across the street from the US Embassy. We were on the 10th floor with a direct view of the Embassy Street Entrance for K1 applicants. Reservation was made over the internet on the Hotel's direct web site. Rate was $75/night for double. Web site provided efficient real time processing. Used US issued Visa card with no problem Immediate confirmation: both on-screen and emailed. One issue was that the Web "Advertisement" stated breakfast buffet was included, but the confirmation made no mention of it. On check in, was told confirmed reservation did not include breakfast. No big deal to us - but a little shady...

The hotel is a 15 story hotel. 200 rooms or so. 3 classes: DELUXE and two levels of "suites". By filipino standards, it was not bad. By US standards, it was like an old tired "Best Western". OK - just run down. frayed carpets, cracks on the walls, missing grout in the bathroom, chipped furniture. Mattress was good. Base room rate was $59 - but with all the taxes - total was $75. billed in pesos, conversion rate ok at 41.5/dollar. They are pretty strict about late checkouts after 1pm. There is an escalating late check out fee that goes up each hour until, by 6pm, its the price of another full night. The good news is that most likely you will be back from the embassy by 12 or 12:30pm and will be able to check out before 1pm.

Our interview time was at 7:30pm. We arrived at 7:15am. No lines at all at guarded street entrance nor the security checkpoint going inside the embassy building. We were in the "blue seats" within 5 minutes of walking up to the outside gate.

Step 1: All 7:30am appointments were seated together. Starting about 7:40am, the group was directed to the first station to get a ticket number and submit DS forms and appointment letter. There were maybe 70 people in the 7:30am group. The 70 people were sent in order of arrival. It took about 45 minutes for all 70 to get through and get there numbers. From a few inquiries, it seemed that the first of the 7:30am appointment group arrived before 4am and the last arrived approximately 7:45am. We arrived about 7:15. For my money, I wouldn't trade the 45 minute "advance" that the first folks in the group got for the 3.5 - 4 hour wait that it cost them. I was glad we came over to to the embassy just a few minutes before our appointment time.

Step 2. About 9am we were called for fingerprint scanning. Nice filipinos working at that station. TinTin had to redo her scans about 7 times, but finally they came out clear enough. There was some hypothesis being discussed that the problem was hand lotion she had used. Don't know for sure, but after wiping her hands off a few times, got a scan that was "good enough" to be accepted.

Step 3. About 10:45am was called to window for prescreening. Filipino woman was "efficient". She wasnt overtly friendly - nor overtly mean. Asked a few questions - Who was I? When did I arrive in the Philippines? How many visits did I make? How did TinTin meet me? Any prior foreign travel for TinTin? Collected NBI, BC, Affadavit of support, 2007 ITR, 1099s, Letter of Self Employment, Bank Account Statements. Did NOT ask for CENOMAR. Looked briefly at photo album. Not interested in any other proofs of relationships (letters, chat logs, plane ticket boarding passes, etc) She really acted like she was just interested in collecting information for the American Consul - she didn't seem interested in the information, just transcribing some things onto a worksheet and collecting documents. She didn't care if she got the info from TinTin or Me - she just wanted forms and info. Total time less than 5 minutes.

Step 4. About 11:15 was called to room for American Consul interview. TinTin and I walked in together, and said Good Morning. This guy was a total piece of work. Young, arrogant, disinterested. Didn't bother to reply with even a hello. Immediatey "dismissed" me with "Step outside, I'll let you know if I need you". That curt..no nice to meet you, could you step out for a while, I would like to speak with tintin in private..thank you....nothing. without even making eye contact: "Step outside, I'll let you know if I need you." Needless to say, I was pissed! So, I stepped outside after making a point to get his eye contact and say "Good Morning" again.. grrrr..... TinTin was inside only about 5 minutes. Simple questions. Any previous marriages her, me. Any children her, me. What do I do for a living. Very Simple questions, TinTin said he never even made eye contact with her - just kept his eyes on his computer and asked the questions. "After 5 mnutes, he said, Ok you are approved. Step outside." TinTin then said that we had a letter for him. He looked up - suprised - and said "a letter??" It was a written request to pick up the visa at the embassy rather than wait on Delbros. He checked with one of his colleagues and then came back and said OK. Now please wait outside. Just an all around pissy attitude - not someone who should be working with human beings! (I know, I know, we ARE happy that the day went smoothly, no tough questions, no issues, approved visa, approved for embassy visa pickup - but as an American, I was certainly embarrassed to have this guy be the "poster boy" for TinTin's first dealing with an American. And it was pretty damn insulting to be dismissed without even a "Hello, would you mind waiting outside for a few minutes" by some beaurocratic peon.)

Step 5: Releasing Window at 11:50am. Almost everyone that was in front of us (5 different people) was being told they were on A.R. pending a variety of documents that they needed and were missing. The list was quite amazing - many basic things like no Last Year's ITR, no W-2, No DS-157. No Medical exam yet (!), wrong size pictures, etc. And all 5 got the word that they will be contacted in 4-6 weeks after Document Verification was completed. Most seemed not to know anything about what Document Verification was.

A NOTE ON DOCUMENT VERIFICATION: We paid for Document Verification exactly 4 weeks before our embassy interview. We texted Delbros per their procedure and received back the confirmation texts from them the same day we paid. Even so, I called the embassy 3 weeks in advance of our interview to confirm that our document verification had been completed and make sure that all was fine. Suprise suprise - I found that the embassy had no information that we had paid the delbros fee yet and therefore the Doc Verification process had not been started. I called delbros that day, had them call the embassy that day and also sent a fax with payment receipts and delbros confirmation text messages to the embassy that same day. I then called back every day for the next 4 days until the embassy confirmed that we had been submitted to NSO for the doc verification to commence. Our name/paperwork was submitted to NSO on Monday 24 March. We confirmed during the interview today that that document verification had, in fact, been completed prior to our interview. (so that means it was completed in no more than 9 business days) There are a lot of threads on VJ on the document verification process. My recommmendation while they are still working out the kinks in this new process is that you pester the heck out of both delbros and the embassy well before your interview date to ensure that they get it done before your interview. They did have a copy of TinTin's Cenomar in her file, which they did NOT get from us - so my assumption is that it came from the document verification process.

Well, next stop is a last trip back to Samar to say goodbye to the family there, then CFO, then to the airport heading to the West Coast of the US.

Thanks to all here on VJ, from whom we have learned so much.

Warm Regards,

Samby & TinTin

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

another successful story of k1 visa journey..CONGRATS!

can't say enough words but have a happy life ahead of you being together

bunbunard20090713_-6_ETHAN.png

I-751 Lifting Conditions Timeline

April 06, 2010 - mailed I-751 documents via usps express mail(overnight)with delivery confirmation

April 07, 2010 - packet delivered and signed

April 12, 2010 - check was cashed

April 13, 2010 - received NOA1 (dated 04/08/10)

May 07, 2010 - Biometrics

May 10, 2010 - Touched

June 23, 2010 - APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!

DSC00770.jpg

good news!!!

CONGRATS!!! and happy trip for her!!! God bless!!!

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

GREAT NEWS!!! BIG CONGRATS for passing the interview and for approved visa pick-up request. :thumbs:

I LOVE your STEP 1 tip: being at the embassy a few minutes before your appointed time. If I'd be alone, i won't have problem going there very early but I have two kids who will be with me during the interview and going to the embassy at the wee hours just don't appeal much. I do want my kids to be able to eat breakfast before going over there. So thank you for sharing that it is ok not to be there very very very very early. (I originally thought it was a must to be there very early)

I will also follow your tip on document verification when I pay it next Tuesday. I guess I have to be ready with huge phone bill next month then (i'll be calling long distance from Davao) but I guess that will be better than being stuck in the black hole after interview.

Thank you very much for sharing. Here's wishing you many happy years together. May God be at the center of your relationship. BIG CONGRATS again. (F)

Edited by dbears

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

OUR CONGRATULATIONS!!

Our Medical Experience

K1/K2 Interview Experience

glitterfy-flpbk9170423469534.gif

AOS/EAD/AP

09/11/09 *** Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

09/12/09 *** Received/signed by R.Mercado

09/17/09 *** NOA1 (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/21/09 *** NOA1 Hardcopy received (AOS/EAD/AP)

09/24/09 *** Biometrics Appointment Letter Rcvd 10/19, 11am

09/29/09 *** Appt. to correct typographic name error (referred for biometrics..done)

10/06/09 *** RFE: Form 1040 of recent tax yr

10/20/09 *** Processing resumed

10/21/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/22/09 *** Touched (AOS/EAD/AP)

10/27/09 *** Transferred to CSC (AOS)

10/28/09 *** Touched(AOS)

10/29/09 *** Notices sent: EAD card production, AP approved

10/30/09 *** Touched (EAD/AP)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AOS: processing resumes at CSC)

11/02/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/03/09 *** Touched (AP)

11/04/09 *** AP approval letter received

11/03/09 *** Card production (EAD)

11/04/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/05/09 *** Touched (EAD)

11/06/09 *** Touched (AOS)

11/07/09 *** EAD Card received

12/07/09 *** Welcome Notice mailed

12/08/09 *** Card production (AOS)

12/10/09 *** Approval notice mailed

12/12/09 *** GREEN CARD received

Congrats!

My Visa Journey

Removal of Conditions

03/11/11 - Sent I-751

03/14/11 - I-751 Received

03/14/11 - NOA

04/13/11 - Biometrics

05/31/11 - Approved!

06/04/11 - 10 Year Green Card Received!

AOS

07/13/08 - Wedding

08/13/08 - Sent AOS

08/19/08 - NOA for AOS and EAD

11/21/08 - EAD Received (100 days)

04/14/09 - Interview (224 days)

04/25/09 - Green Card Received!

I-129F

09/13/07 - Sent I-129F

11/06/07 - NOA1 (54 days)

02/04/08 - NOA2 (144 days)

04/16/08 - Interview! (216 days)

04/29/08 - Visa delayed.

05/12/08 - Visa on hand! (242 days)

05/20/08 - US Entry

hvV4m7.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!

AOS TIMELINE:

02.25.2008 Mailed AOS packet

03.04.2008 Check cashed

03.03.2008 NOA dates for I-485, EAD, AP

03.05.2008 Biometrics Appointment notice date

03.19.2008 Biometrics Appointment

03.22.2008 RFE for missing (2) I-864 pages :(

03.24.2008 RFE mailed back

03.31.2008 RFE received and case processing resumed

04.28.2008 AP approval notice (dated 04.25.08)

04.30.2008 EAD approved

05.02.2008 Received AP in mail

05.05.2008 Received EAD in mail

07.10.2008 Received Interview letter

08.15.2008 Interview: Approved

08.26.2008 Green Card received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS TIN-TIN AND SAMBY!!! THANKS FOR SHARING US YOUR STORIES, I´M GLAD TO READ IT HERE,I´VE LEARNED A LOT FROM YOUR EXPERIENCE. SURELY IT´LL BE A GREAT HELP FOR ME AND FOR ALL WHO ARE STILL WAITING...

AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS AND GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE`S JOURNEY TOGETHER...

congrats to you.

Rose and I arrived here in the US last night.

Citizenship

8/06/2011 - Package sent

8/25/2011 - Biometrics schedule

9/26/2011 - Interview date received

10/09/2011 - Received yellow letter

11/08/2011 - Interview date THANKS GOD went smooth n pretty easy with the nice lady IO takes 9-10 minutes wow???????????????

I think I waited more time for my Oath Ceremony schedule rather than interview process and after 13 minutes the lady gave my sched WOW CAN'T BELIEVE ......yayyyyyyy

11/16/2011 - Oath Ceremony

Visit My Website

www.roseandchuck.com

Removing Conditions

08/3/2010 - File for Removal of Conditions (I-751)

08/6/2010 - Received date/ Noticed Date

9/06/2010 - Biometric Date Modesto

12/2/2010 - Card production( they orderd) new card. I just checked I'm not in hurry but hahahaha lucky GOD IS SO GOOD THANKS FOR EVERYTHING PAPA JESUS MWAHHH.

AOS

06/06/2008 - AOS PACKAGE SENT

06/09/2008 - RECEIVED DATE

06/13/2008- NOTICED DATE checked cleared ( received in mail 06/17/2008 notice for AOS, EAD and AP)

07/09/2008- BIOMETRICS date modesto

08/18/2008- AP APPROVED ( received date 8/22/2008)

08/18/2008- EAD APPROVED ( received date 8/27/2008)

09/17/2008- RECEIVED interview date appoinment

10/29/2008- INTERVIEW date 1:00pm sacramento (approved)

11/05/2008- RECEIVED WELCOME NOTICE

11/07/2008- RECEIVED GREEN CARD

banner-1.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi All,

TinTin had her interview today at the US Embassy in Manila. We are happy to report that 1) document verification was complete at the time fo the interview, 2) Her K1 Visa was Approved and 3) the embassy approved our request for a visa pickup at the embassy, thereby bypassing the use of delbros's delivery services. :dance:

BAYVIEW PARK HOTEL: We arrived into Manila in the afternoon the day before and checked into the Bayview Park Hotel for 1 night. It is located across the street from the US Embassy. We were on the 10th floor with a direct view of the Embassy Street Entrance for K1 applicants. Reservation was made over the internet on the Hotel's direct web site. Rate was $75/night for double. Web site provided efficient real time processing. Used US issued Visa card with no problem Immediate confirmation: both on-screen and emailed. One issue was that the Web "Advertisement" stated breakfast buffet was included, but the confirmation made no mention of it. On check in, was told confirmed reservation did not include breakfast. No big deal to us - but a little shady...

The hotel is a 15 story hotel. 200 rooms or so. 3 classes: DELUXE and two levels of "suites". By filipino standards, it was not bad. By US standards, it was like an old tired "Best Western". OK - just run down. frayed carpets, cracks on the walls, missing grout in the bathroom, chipped furniture. Mattress was good. Base room rate was $59 - but with all the taxes - total was $75. billed in pesos, conversion rate ok at 41.5/dollar. They are pretty strict about late checkouts after 1pm. There is an escalating late check out fee that goes up each hour until, by 6pm, its the price of another full night. The good news is that most likely you will be back from the embassy by 12 or 12:30pm and will be able to check out before 1pm.

Our interview time was at 7:30pm. We arrived at 7:15am. No lines at all at guarded street entrance nor the security checkpoint going inside the embassy building. We were in the "blue seats" within 5 minutes of walking up to the outside gate.

Step 1: All 7:30am appointments were seated together. Starting about 7:40am, the group was directed to the first station to get a ticket number and submit DS forms and appointment letter. There were maybe 70 people in the 7:30am group. The 70 people were sent in order of arrival. It took about 45 minutes for all 70 to get through and get there numbers. From a few inquiries, it seemed that the first of the 7:30am appointment group arrived before 4am and the last arrived approximately 7:45am. We arrived about 7:15. For my money, I wouldn't trade the 45 minute "advance" that the first folks in the group got for the 3.5 - 4 hour wait that it cost them. I was glad we came over to to the embassy just a few minutes before our appointment time.

Step 2. About 9am we were called for fingerprint scanning. Nice filipinos working at that station. TinTin had to redo her scans about 7 times, but finally they came out clear enough. There was some hypothesis being discussed that the problem was hand lotion she had used. Don't know for sure, but after wiping her hands off a few times, got a scan that was "good enough" to be accepted.

Step 3. About 10:45am was called to window for prescreening. Filipino woman was "efficient". She wasnt overtly friendly - nor overtly mean. Asked a few questions - Who was I? When did I arrive in the Philippines? How many visits did I make? How did TinTin meet me? Any prior foreign travel for TinTin? Collected NBI, BC, Affadavit of support, 2007 ITR, 1099s, Letter of Self Employment, Bank Account Statements. Did NOT ask for CENOMAR. Looked briefly at photo album. Not interested in any other proofs of relationships (letters, chat logs, plane ticket boarding passes, etc) She really acted like she was just interested in collecting information for the American Consul - she didn't seem interested in the information, just transcribing some things onto a worksheet and collecting documents. She didn't care if she got the info from TinTin or Me - she just wanted forms and info. Total time less than 5 minutes.

Step 4. About 11:15 was called to room for American Consul interview. TinTin and I walked in together, and said Good Morning. This guy was a total piece of work. Young, arrogant, disinterested. Didn't bother to reply with even a hello. Immediatey "dismissed" me with "Step outside, I'll let you know if I need you". That curt..no nice to meet you, could you step out for a while, I would like to speak with tintin in private..thank you....nothing. without even making eye contact: "Step outside, I'll let you know if I need you." Needless to say, I was pissed! So, I stepped outside after making a point to get his eye contact and say "Good Morning" again.. grrrr..... TinTin was inside only about 5 minutes. Simple questions. Any previous marriages her, me. Any children her, me. What do I do for a living. Very Simple questions, TinTin said he never even made eye contact with her - just kept his eyes on his computer and asked the questions. "After 5 mnutes, he said, Ok you are approved. Step outside." TinTin then said that we had a letter for him. He looked up - suprised - and said "a letter??" It was a written request to pick up the visa at the embassy rather than wait on Delbros. He checked with one of his colleagues and then came back and said OK. Now please wait outside. Just an all around pissy attitude - not someone who should be working with human beings! (I know, I know, we ARE happy that the day went smoothly, no tough questions, no issues, approved visa, approved for embassy visa pickup - but as an American, I was certainly embarrassed to have this guy be the "poster boy" for TinTin's first dealing with an American. And it was pretty damn insulting to be dismissed without even a "Hello, would you mind waiting outside for a few minutes" by some beaurocratic peon.)

Step 5: Releasing Window at 11:50am. Almost everyone that was in front of us (5 different people) was being told they were on A.R. pending a variety of documents that they needed and were missing. The list was quite amazing - many basic things like no Last Year's ITR, no W-2, No DS-157. No Medical exam yet (!), wrong size pictures, etc. And all 5 got the word that they will be contacted in 4-6 weeks after Document Verification was completed. Most seemed not to know anything about what Document Verification was.

A NOTE ON DOCUMENT VERIFICATION: We paid for Document Verification exactly 4 weeks before our embassy interview. We texted Delbros per their procedure and received back the confirmation texts from them the same day we paid. Even so, I called the embassy 3 weeks in advance of our interview to confirm that our document verification had been completed and make sure that all was fine. Suprise suprise - I found that the embassy had no information that we had paid the delbros fee yet and therefore the Doc Verification process had not been started. I called delbros that day, had them call the embassy that day and also sent a fax with payment receipts and delbros confirmation text messages to the embassy that same day. I then called back every day for the next 4 days until the embassy confirmed that we had been submitted to NSO for the doc verification to commence. Our name/paperwork was submitted to NSO on Monday 24 March. We confirmed during the interview today that that document verification had, in fact, been completed prior to our interview. (so that means it was completed in no more than 9 business days) There are a lot of threads on VJ on the document verification process. My recommmendation while they are still working out the kinks in this new process is that you pester the heck out of both delbros and the embassy well before your interview date to ensure that they get it done before your interview. They did have a copy of TinTin's Cenomar in her file, which they did NOT get from us - so my assumption is that it came from the document verification process.

Well, next stop is a last trip back to Samar to say goodbye to the family there, then CFO, then to the airport heading to the West Coast of the US.

Thanks to all here on VJ, from whom we have learned so much.

Warm Regards,

Samby & TinTin

Congratulations and thanks for your tips in the doc ver process. What number do we call to follow up if our docs are already at the USEM? My interview is on april 23 and i paid march 14. I got a text message from delbros that they received our payment. Hope you can give me the number to follow up. thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.