My end of the road...

34 posts in this topic

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
:cry: I wanna give you a hug only if i can..god is watching over you guys..keep the faith.

AOS JOURNEY

08/11/2008 - AOS/EAD Filed

08/18/2008 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD

09/05/2008 - Biometrics

11/15/2008 - EAD Card Recieved

12/15/2008 - NOA for AOS interview recived

01/27/2009 - Interview Passed - Conditional Permanent Residence Established.

02/09/2009 - GREENCARD RECEIVED ~~~ YIPEE!!!

Lifting Condition after 21 months will file I-751 (Oct 2010)..So see ya soon.

--------------------------------

K1 VISA JOURNEY

11/9/2007 - Sent the I-129F Package.

11/10/2007 - I-129F was delivered at 8:47am in Laguna Niguel, CA

11/13/2007 - NOA1 Date

11/21/2007 - Check Finally Cashed - Case Number Known

11/24/2007 - NOA1

11/19/2007 - Touched

12/28/2007 - Touched

12/30/2007 - Touched Again?

03/17/2008 - NOA2 Recieved

03/25/2008 - NVC Received Case

03/26/2008 - NVC Assigned Case# (MNL2008******)

03/27/2008 - NVC Forwarded to Manila Embassy (DHL Tracking: 936773****)

03/31/2008 - Embassy Received

04/03/2008 - 2nd attempt to set Interview Appt. - OK.

04/08/2008 - Document Verification Pd!

04/18/2008 - Medical - Passed!

04/22/2008 - Visa Application - Paid!

05/12/2008 - Interview Appointment- May 12, 2008 at 7:30am - PASSED!

05/16/2008 - Visa Recieved!

05/21/2008 - CFO Seminar

06/01/2008 - Point of Entry: LAX ---via Philippine Airlines

Timeline
Hi guys! Good luck to those who are having their interview this month or next month. Im so happy for you and wish you all the best. Unfortunaely, I won't be joining the list. Something happened two weeks ago. And right now, Im going through severe depression right now to the point of getting sick.

Two weeks ago I ordered CENOMAR eventhough my marriage is already annulled because it was a requirement for the interview. I got the shock of my life when my CENOMAR came... there in the paper, it states that I am married to two men. One in year 1999 and the other in the year of 2o02. It was a shock because I never got married in 1999. I know the person indicated there. He was my ex-fiancee. I was engaged to him when I was 24 years old but I called it off for a lot of reasons. I remember signing papers but I know it was just a marriage license. Anyway, it was a bad break up. I remember him telling me that nobody can have me because he has connections to city hall and he will submit all the papers I signed and make it appear that we got married. I did not take his threat seriously. Then came the time that I met someone and got married. And then this ex stopped bugging me. The marriage didn't last. We got separated year 2006 and annulled year 2007. Last March 2007, I met someone and he is the reason why I am in K1.

I looked for my ex over the weekend so he could shed some light about this fake paper. He is already somewhere in the US so I can not sue him. My lawyer is filing a petition to declare this marriage null and void in the ground of fraud. Although we have a lot of evidences, it will still take some time for the judge (3 months) to make the decision. My next step was to call our lawyer in the US and again I was devastated with what he told me. He said I have to write to the Embassy Manila to ask to revoke my fiancee petition. Because this "prior marriage" was not diclosed to the petition, I may have an issue with misrepresentation which is a ground for denial or barring me to enter the US. Another issue is bigamy which is a crime in the US- another ground for denying my case. And there's a possibility that they will cancel my tourist visa.

Add to this, I think my relationship with my fiancee is now on the rocks. I can understand his dibelief but Im doing the best I can to explain things to him. I just find it hard to explain because I myself is so confused. Im still in a state of shock. He said something about not really knowing me and suggested to get to know each other first before getting married. If that's the case, why did he ask me to marry him 9 months ago? All this time, he doesn't really know me? How can he tell me he loves me if he doesn't know me? I lived with him for a month in the US. Last November 2007, I visited him and spent two weeks with him. We talk everyday, 3 to 5 times....sometimes for 2 hours. Chat for 4 hours...see each other thru webcam. Also, he finds it weird that I didn't know I was married. All I could answer is, this is Philippines... only in the Philippines where some people learn about the law not because they want to obey it but because they want to know how to break it properly. Im just thinking...if I can not convince my fiancee of my ignorance then surely, the consul won't believe me too. Anyway, Im just so tired now... I give up. This is probably not meant to be. I have no more tears to cry...

dont give up...god is so good,he wont give us problems which we cannot shoulder...be strong!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I think that the evidence to show him might help to evaporate his doubts. On the other hand he has to come see you there to know more about your environment. Wish you the best!! Do not give up if you feel good about the relationship otherwise. :yes:

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

Timeline

I just want you all to know that my fiancee read all your posts and we had a talk.

He said... " It's not the end of the road, Ria." And once again, I cried a river but this time because I felt relieved. He is still with me so I know I will make it and we will overcome this.

GOD IS GOOD.

THANK YOU ALL VJ FAMILY!

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

I just want you all to know that my fiancee read all your posts and we had a talk.

He said... " It's not the end of the road, Ria." And once again, I cried a river but this time because I felt relieved. He is still with me so I know I will make it and we will overcome this.

GOD IS GOOD.

THANK YOU ALL VJ FAMILY!

This is GREAT NEWS Ria..... I am happy for you. I hope everything will be sorted out soon. You guys look so good together and it would be a waste to just throw what you have together away just like that. i hope this temporary roadblock will strengthen your relationship instead of the other way around.

I'll keep you in my prayers. (F)

ROC

still waiting for GC replacement

N-400

04/23/2012...... N-400 packet sent to Lewisville, TX via USPS express mail

04/24/2012...... N-400 delivered signed for by J. Arthur; priority date according to NOA1

04/27/2012...... Check cashed

04/30/2012...... Received NOA 1 dated April 26, 2012

06/01/2012...... Received notice for biometrics dated May 29, 2012

06/20/2012...... Biometrics schedule (early bio June 05, 2012)

06/18/2012...... Email notification, N400 placed in line for interview

06/29/2012...... Email notification, N400 scheduled for interview

07/05/2012...... Interview Letter Received

08/07/2012...... Interview (PASSED)

Link to: Full timeline

God is in CONTROL. His time is always better than mine: never too early yet never late, always the perfect time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

GOD IS GOOD.

THANK YOU ALL VJ FAMILY!

oh im so very happy for u.........keep us posted...........

sara

Timeline
It is just so really hard to explain. My fiancee was asking me questions but he will never understand because he never lived here in Philippines. He would always say that is impossible because here in the US its like this or that. But really, you can't compare because this is a third world country. Not everybody has social security numbers. Not everyone pays taxes. A lot of times, its all about who you know and how much you can pay. But I think its a bad move to tell him that. I don't want my country to look so bad because that is not the total picture. He told me before that he will move here in Philippines if I don't get the visa. I will not ask him to move here. I know he will but he won't be happy and I don't want him to hate me for it someday. All I ever want is to make him happy, so now I will tell him that I love him so much, I will set him free.

By the way, this "guy" who made the fake marriage is US citizen. He is half American, half Filipino. We have evidence that marriage license was fake because first- in order for US citizen to get married here in Philippines, he nust have a certificate of legal capacity to marry... and he didn''t have that.

Anyway, I don't wana talk about evidences or whatever. I am more worried with my relationship to Stephen. I really don't know what's going on in his head...

Didn't he read any culture books or ask a lot of questions when he was there? I have a bit of an advantage because my stepmother is Filipina and she has a sister in Michigan that I talk to regularly, but most of what I know about the Philippines was read in books (I actually know more about the history, government, geography, etc. than my stepmother, she always skipped classes when she was young, hehe). However, I read about 10 books on the Philippines before I ever visited. I was curious about the culture and family life and how to show respect. A lot of the books that I'd read contain information regarding some of the daily challenges of a Filipino.

I'm really sad to hear about everything, I really hope that you everything can return to normal and that he knows you're telling the truth!

He hasn't been here to Philippines. My parents have invited him to come here so they could finally meet him. And we're supposed to have an engagement party, I would take him to places, do the interview together and fly to the US together with my son. He read a lot of books and newpapers but those won't tell him anything how I got into this situation. I really think that he has to live my life in order to understand.

Oh ok, I'm sorry to hear about everything. Yeah, he would have to come to visit to get the true experience of the Philippines. I'm truly sorry to hear about everything and hope that it's either for the best or that he can find some way to believe you. From a Kano's point of view, it is difficult to understand, but I know you're telling the truth. I'll be sure to keep you in my prayers.

rnb.jpg

If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. - Matthew 21:22

The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me. - Hebrews 13:6

I will fear no evil - Psalm 23:4

Hi guys! Good luck to those who are having their interview this month or next month. Im so happy for you and wish you all the best. Unfortunaely, I won't be joining the list. Something happened two weeks ago. And right now, Im going through severe depression right now to the point of getting sick.

Two weeks ago I ordered CENOMAR eventhough my marriage is already annulled because it was a requirement for the interview. I got the shock of my life when my CENOMAR came... there in the paper, it states that I am married to two men. One in year 1999 and the other in the year of 2o02. It was a shock because I never got married in 1999. I know the person indicated there. He was my ex-fiancee. I was engaged to him when I was 24 years old but I called it off for a lot of reasons. I remember signing papers but I know it was just a marriage license. Anyway, it was a bad break up. I remember him telling me that nobody can have me because he has connections to city hall and he will submit all the papers I signed and make it appear that we got married. I did not take his threat seriously. Then came the time that I met someone and got married. And then this ex stopped bugging me. The marriage didn't last. We got separated year 2006 and annulled year 2007. Last March 2007, I met someone and he is the reason why I am in K1.

I looked for my ex over the weekend so he could shed some light about this fake paper. He is already somewhere in the US so I can not sue him. My lawyer is filing a petition to declare this marriage null and void in the ground of fraud. Although we have a lot of evidences, it will still take some time for the judge (3 months) to make the decision. My next step was to call our lawyer in the US and again I was devastated with what he told me. He said I have to write to the Embassy Manila to ask to revoke my fiancee petition. Because this "prior marriage" was not diclosed to the petition, I may have an issue with misrepresentation which is a ground for denial or barring me to enter the US. Another issue is bigamy which is a crime in the US- another ground for denying my case. And there's a possibility that they will cancel my tourist visa.

Add to this, I think my relationship with my fiancee is now on the rocks. I can understand his dibelief but Im doing the best I can to explain things to him. I just find it hard to explain because I myself is so confused. Im still in a state of shock. He said something about not really knowing me and suggested to get to know each other first before getting married. If that's the case, why did he ask me to marry him 9 months ago? All this time, he doesn't really know me? How can he tell me he loves me if he doesn't know me? I lived with him for a month in the US. Last November 2007, I visited him and spent two weeks with him. We talk everyday, 3 to 5 times....sometimes for 2 hours. Chat for 4 hours...see each other thru webcam. Also, he finds it weird that I didn't know I was married. All I could answer is, this is Philippines... only in the Philippines where some people learn about the law not because they want to obey it but because they want to know how to break it properly. Im just thinking...if I can not convince my fiancee of my ignorance then surely, the consul won't believe me too. Anyway, Im just so tired now... I give up. This is probably not meant to be. I have no more tears to cry...

Im very sorry to what happen.That's so sad.I know God will make a way and i hope that ur fiancee will understand ur situation.I wil keep u in my prayers.

God Bless...

N-400 Naturalization

04/25/2012 - sent N-400 package to USCIS Dallas

04/28/2012 - package delivered at USCIS Dallas

I-751 Removal of Condition

03/22/2011 - sent I-751 package to USCIS Vermont via USPS Priority+Certified mail with Return receipt

03/24/2011 - package delivered at VSC according to USPS tracking

03/25/2011 - package received by Center Director according to Return receipt

04/04/2011 - NOA received - dated 03/25/2011

04/11/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice received -notice date 04/08/2011

04/28/2011 - Biometrics Appointment - Done!

10/14/2011 - Card Production Email

10/17/2011 - Approval Notice received - dated 10/06/2011

11/04/2011 - 10yrs green card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey, I'm soo happy to hear you clarified things together! :dance: Talking is the key...This process is full of obstacles, working and going beyound them gives strenth to the relationship. If you have proof that your ex was fraudulent, it's his loss sadly, but a strong case for you...maybe a good lawyer knowlegeable of the 2 countries can help you as well!! Regards!!

CR-1, VT- Canada

I-130:

25 Aug 06 - Sent I-130 (a Friday)

28 Aug 06 - NOA1 & Certif. receipt returned ( a Monday) Day 1

29 Aug 06 - USCIS cashes check

30 Aug 06 - check cleared & 1ST TOUCH.

01 Sept 06 - NOA1 recvd by Mail

09 Sept 06 - 2ND TOUCH (a Saturday)

09 Mai 07 - NOA2 (2 e-mails)

Note: were told the long delay due to huge backlog and internal changes in VT

NVC :

04-June-07 - NVC generates DS-3032 & AOS bill

12-June-07 - AOS Bill payment sent/ alien receives DS-3032 form (by mail, dated 4th June)

13-June-07 - Alien sends back completed DS-3032 (by mail)/ rcvd 19th of June approx.

To mid July-07 - I-864 form sent completed and IV fee bill

19-July-07 NVC rcv I-864 form; mail signature rcvd.

22-Aug-07 Ds-230 with documents sent to NVC.

20-Sep - 07 Alien sends NVC Missing document. NVC receives it the 25th.

05-Oct - 07 NVC completed.

16-Jan - 08 Interview, 3 questions asked, visa approved same day, received 1week later approx.

Note: delay due to internal delay, missing document (not rfe) and self procrastination of understanding some abstract terms. C Post not at all reliable (delivery duration, delivery with signature (did not deliver personnaly), and delivery of interview letter rcvd after the interview).

In USA:

01-03-08 POE Entry in USA

...-03-08 2 Welcome in America letters and green card received.

"What I know is that I know nothing"

God is so good indeed :dance:

N-400

March 21, 2014 - Application sent thru Expressmail

March 25, 2014 - Received/Priority Date

March 26, 2014 - Check cashed

March 27, 2014 - Notice Date

April 2, 2014 - Notice for Biometrics Appointment thru email

Aprill 22, 2014 - Biometrics

April 24, 2014 - In line for interview

August 25, 2014-Scheduled for Interview

September 30, 2014 - Interview and Oath-Taking :joy:

Sorry to hear all that Ria, (F)

It takes us 3 years and it cost us big time before we completely ''clean'' the ''mess'' of my ignorance on signing papers before Ria.. there's a lot of bump on my way to happiness and we pass all that with flying colors!.Gary stay with me from start to finish .My son and I been here for a year now and we live happily!

Offer everything to God Almighty and ask his guidance . Always remember that true love conquers all. Have faith, pray hard and don't lose hope. Everything has a reason .

Hang in there.. (F)

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Goodluck on your visa journey!

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Timeline
Sorry to hear all that Ria, (F)

It takes us 3 years and it cost us big time before we completely ''clean'' the ''mess'' of my ignorance on signing papers before Ria.. there's a lot of bump on my way to happiness and we pass all that with flying colors!.Gary stay with me from start to finish .My son and I been here for a year now and we live happily!

Offer everything to God Almighty and ask his guidance . Always remember that true love conquers all. Have faith, pray hard and don't lose hope. Everything has a reason .

Hang in there.. (F)

Our thoughts and prayers are with you both. Goodluck on your visa journey!

HEY YOU ARE BACK!!! You don't know me but when I first visited this website ( May 2007), your profile caught my attention. So basically, yeah, I always checked your timeline and was inspired. But I didn't read any of your posts about your "mess". What happened? Was it also somewhat like mine? So I think I should send you private message. Is it ok?

January 16, 2008 - sent I-129F (Vermont)

January 21, 2008 - NOA1

March 16, 2008 - NOA2

August 7&9,2008 - Medical K1&K2

August 21, 2008 - Paid document verification fee (P1,300)

August 27, 2008 - Interview

September 08,2008 - Document Verification request sent to NSO

Spetember 19,2008 - Document Verification done -sent back to US Embassy Manila

November 03, 2008 - Case under review

November 26, 2008 - VISA printed

November 28, 2008 - VISA in transit

December 02, 2008- VISA IN HAND

January 12, 2009 - Arrived USA, POE Los Angeles

January 21, 2009 - Got married

January 22, 2009 - Applied for SSN

AOS

February 10, 2009 - Went to Dr. Janet Pettyjohn for form I-693

February 11, 2009 - Sent our AOS packet to Chicago

February 12, 2009 - Packet received signed for by L BOX

February 22, 2009 - Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD & AP

March 17, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

March 21, 2009 - SSN card arrived in the mail

April 6, 2009 - took driver's license exam and passed! (written and road test)

April 10, 2009 - Repeat Biometrics Appointment

April 14,2009 - Received AP documents in the mail

April 16, 2009 - Received EAD in the mail

SEptember 4, 2009 - GREENCARD received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.