pax

London Interviews 2006 (NEW)

1,010 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
Did any of you have co-sponsors??? That's what I am most nervous about as we have to use one. I am still waiting for Roshon and his Mom to send me the stuff through :whistle: I've told them notarized I-134, letter from bank with years deposits, date account opened and current balance, a couple of pay stubs and letter from employer??? Have I missed anything (I know this is probably the most asked question on VJ!)

Roshon is still at college and is on a scholarship so the letter from employer just states his scholarship money - does this sound right?

Thanks for any help/reassurance!

Samantha :star:

Hey Samantha,

I'm also in school at the moment, living off of student loans and thus had my parents act as co-sponsors. Despite the fact that my fiance has hardly any savings himself they never asked for any of the affidavit paperwork either from myself or from my parents so based on all that, I think you should be fine. It sounds to me like you have everything you need all ready as well. Good luck!!! -Weebeansy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

We used a co-sponsor as I only went back to the US in early December and we didn't have a home or anything yet. We had: my signed I-134, three months worth of bank statements showing I had $1000 in the bank, a letter from my job stating my salary and start date, last year's taxes, my stepfather's I-134, a letter from his job stating his salary, and a print out from the bank showing he had maintained a balance over $15,000 for the past year. It was not on bank letterhead- they just printed it out, stamped it and signed it. It was free (Trustco bank).

When we handed over our stuff the woman asked for the affadavit of support. I gave her everything including my stepfather's birth certificate to prove he was a US citizen. She asked if anything in the affadavit of support was needed back and when I told her "yes, my co-sponsor's original birth certificate" she stated "oh, you mean you have a co-sponsor?". I got really nervous at that point and said "yes, all the papers are right there". She didn't even look at any of it just collected it together and we never heard anything again about any of that, so apparently we had enough proof.

We were asked about my husband's visa denial. She just wanted to know what happened. He told her he had travelled too much on the waiver. She asked if he had ever overstayed and he said no. She asked if he took employment while in the US and he said no. She then said Well, I'm going to adjucate your visa. And that was that. It was one of the most nerve wracking things I've ever done and I'm just glad it's over (til the AOS)!

Good luck to you all waiting for interviews and interview dates- I am thinking of you all and if you need any input or just want to vent, please feel free to PM me.

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

I've been kind of sidetracked of late, but I want to wish all those with upcoming interviews this week, the best of luck......and all those that have passed....Congratulations!

USCIS California Service Center - Expedited

09-SEP-2010 : Mailed I130 Petition to Chicago Lockbox.

16-SEP-2010 : Received NOA1.

24-SEP-2010 : Expedite: service request

05-OCT-2010 : Supporting documents sent to CSC.

16-OCT-2010 : RFE received.

19-OCT-2010 : RFE response received at CSC.

22-OCT-2010 : I130 Petition APPROVED.

30-OCT-2010 : NOA2 Received in Mail

NVC - Expedited

27-OCT-2010 : Case Number Assigned

02-NOV-2010 : Expedite request emailed to NVC

10-NOV-2010 : Expedite approved - Case forwarded to Consulate

12-NOV-2010 : Medical

US Embassy - Expedited

18-NOV-2010 : Packet 3 email received.

19-NOV-2010 : Emailed DS230, DS2001

30-NOV-2010 : Interview - 9am Denied: 3 year bar (overstay) - i601 Waiver filed with expedite request

01-DEC-2010 : MP requests assistance from US Ambassador

03-DEC-2010 : Waiver transferred from USCIS to DHS

11-DEC-2010 : Waiver Receipt notification dated 07-DEC-2010

20-DEC-2010 : VISA/Waiver Approved

22-DEC-2010 : Approval letter received

24-DEC-2010 : Passport collected by courier

10-JAN-2011 : CR1 Visa Issued by IVU London

11-JAN-2011 : Passport / Visa delivered.

18-JAN-2011 : POE: EWR (Newark, New Jersey)

17-FEB-2011 : Welcome Letter Arrived

19-FEB-2011 : Green Card I-551 Arrived

I-130 Mailing to Approval (incl. waiver): 102 Days

OCT 2012 : Applied for Removal of Conditions

DEC 2012 : Received NOA1 (GC extention letter)

18-JAN-2013 : Biometrics walk in approved and completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just to let yall know my visa turned up yesterday. I got a nock on the door at 7:05am and it was SMS with the packet that contained my passport with visa and the brown envelope. I wasnt all that impressed with the visa though as it looks the same as my B2 but it is kinda cool to have two visa's and 3 pictures of myself in my passport at different times over the last few years.

Ive only got another week before i fly home next Thursday and cant wait to leave. Thanks all for your help when ive been stressed about the little things i do appreciate it.

All the best to those who are just starting this process and to those of you either with interviews or awaiting a date.

Tom

AOS, EAD Application Timeline:

05-11-2006 Applied for AOS and EAD (day 01)

05-12-2006 USCIS recieved AOS and EAD Application (day 02)

05-19-2006 USCIS cashed checks for AOS, Biometrics and EAD (day 09)

05-20-2006 Recieved NOA-1 for AOS (day 10)

05-20-2006 Recieved NOA-1 for EAD (day 10)

05-26-2006 Recieved Biometrics appointment letter (06-08-2006 at 1pm) (day 16)

Thanks Weebeansy and Shakysgirl!! You've put my mind at rest! I just wish my darling fiance :huh: would hurry up and send me the stuff!!

Shakeysgirl - how often did your husband travel on the visa waiver before he got denied??

Thanks again

Sam :star:

09/20/05 NOA1 received
11/22/05 NOA2 received (65 days)
12/05/05 NVC received application! (say 2-4 week wait)
12/13/05 Found out forms were sent to London on 12/08/05!
12/20/05 Packet 3 received!
01/11/06 Medical - Knightsbridge London
01/18/06 Sent back packet 3!
02/15/06 Received packet 4!

02/13/06 INTERVIEW DATE 03/22/06 AT 10.30AM!! - APPROVED

Married July 29th 2006!!

08/17/2006 Filed for AOS and EAD
08/26/2006 NOA1 received for both (dated 08/24/06)
09/06/2006 RFE email.....not sure what for yet!
9/07/2006 Biometrics completed
10/13/2006 Transferred to CSC!!
11/02/2006 Approval email received!!
11/08/2006 Welcome to USA letter arrives!

11/13/2006 GREEN CARD RECEIVED - NO MISTAKES!!!!

06/06/08 Family moved back to UK!!

Husband gained UK citizenship September 2015

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Family relocating back to California

06/27/2016 I-130 Spousal Visa application sent to London Embassy

07/05/2016 NOA 1

08/31/2016 NOA 2 - case transferred to the Immigrant Visa Unit at the embassy

09/13/2016 3rd Letter received with LND number

10/14/2016 Medical

10/31/2016 Embassy interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Right, quick question for you guys. I've gotten everything to send James for the I-134 but the only glitch is my bank letter doesn't detail my last years deposits, they said they couldn't do it! They said the only way was for me to pay for $3 for each statement for the past 12 months and then count up the credits myself! Should this be a problem? My co-sponsor more than qualifies just with his job, plus we've got employer letters and I'm including some paystubs so they see we really do make money!

I tried to show my tax return and my w-2 but all they wanted was a bank letter (which I had) and a letter from employer. I told her I didn't have one since I was a CEO and there was no one higher to get to sign off on me. She nodded and said it would be no problem.

Timeline

Englishsammy-

My husband travelled 5 times in 2 years. They were: a long weekend, a one week visit, a two week visit, a 3 month visit, and another 3 month visit. I am pretty sure it was those last two 3 month visits that did it. On his 6th attempt he was turned back at Dublin. I happened to be with him when he was turned back and it was very unpleasant. I know there are others on here who have been denied entrance as well, so it would be interesting to know how many times they visited before they got denied just to see if there is a pattern or if it's just a random thing. Side note: I travelled to the UK repeatedly before getting a visa and never even got questioned, much less turned back.

Naturalization:

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Englishsammy-

My husband travelled 5 times in 2 years. They were: a long weekend, a one week visit, a two week visit, a 3 month visit, and another 3 month visit. I am pretty sure it was those last two 3 month visits that did it. On his 6th attempt he was turned back at Dublin. I happened to be with him when he was turned back and it was very unpleasant. I know there are others on here who have been denied entrance as well, so it would be interesting to know how many times they visited before they got denied just to see if there is a pattern or if it's just a random thing. Side note: I travelled to the UK repeatedly before getting a visa and never even got questioned, much less turned back.

Were the 3 month visits below the 90 day limit? I have travelled 9 times in the last year, but never for more than 3 weeks.

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

Timeline

Yes, we were VERY careful not to overstay. He left both times in 84 or 82 days. We never cut it too close. That's why when he was denied we were suprised- we were uninformed (our own fault) and just assumed as long as he left without overstaying, he could travel in and out of the US as much as he wants. At that time we had already planned to relocate to the UK, so it wasn't like we were trying to pull something. But I can see in retrospect now that I am better informed why they wouldn't like someone to do that.

Naturalization:

That surprises me, and worries me at the same time I am due to fly there on Sunday. I was planiing on getting two last quick trips in prior to the Interview!

AOS/EAD/AP Filed:2006-09-23
AP Approved:2006-10-30
EAD Approved!:2006-11-02
AOS Approved!:2007-02-12

Remove Conditions filed:2008-11-13
Green Card Received:2009-01-30

N400 Filed:2013-01-25 (Phoenix)
Biometrics:2013-02-25 (Grand Rapids)
Interview:2013-05-07(Detroit)

Oath Ceremony:2013-05-24(Marquette)

Timeline

Bring paperwork showing ties to the UK ie. mortgage or rental papers, letter from your job stating they expect you back on a certain date, bank accts, etc.

Naturalization:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I get the feeling that it's pretty random and maybe depends on POE too. Over about a year and a half I travelled to the States to see John at least six times and three of those times were for about 88 days each. I tried to leave at least a month between visits and entered each time with a return ticket and an intention to stay for two or three weeks. Plans tended to change while I was in the States and I ended up staying longer.

Every time I flew out though I prepared myself emotionally for the possibility that maybe this was one time too many and that I'd be sent back. I used to take over a whole load of documents to prove ties to the UK but was never asked to produce them and once we had applied for the K1 I took a copy of paperwork so I could say, look, we're taking this seriously and I'd do nothing to jeapoardize something as important as this.

Seattle and Raleigh-Durham were always charming. The only place where I was questioned pointedly was at Minneapolis (which I have avoided ever since as a POE), but a friend of mine who came to visit us also had a hard time there and she was only coming for 12 days. They insinuated that she had an American fiance, which is quite funny as they hardly ever used to ask me that.

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi everybody,

My husband had his interview in London this morning, and could you please update me on the list to.........APPROVED!!!!! Wow I've been waiting a year to say that!! :dance::dance:

I am so relieved/happy/exhausted....and I wasn't even at the interview! :D I've been awake nearly all night, though, worrying.....

My husband said he was in and out of the embassy in London within 2 hours. They didn't ask him ANY questions at all, just took his documents and then called him up again for fingerprints and told him he was approved!

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone on VJ , you have been so helpful to me over the past year....I don't know how I would have known half of what I do without this site. It really is appreciated.

I am reunited with my hubby in exactly one week! Im so happy.

Alana-USC in UK + Alex-UK Spouse

I-130 NOA1 CSC March 14th 2005

Petition Approved and at NVC late June 2005

DS-230 in system Sept. 15th, 2005, Case completed Dec. 1st after RFE.

Case sent to London Dec. 7th

Alana moves back to the the US Jan. 10th

Medical booked Jan. 19th at Knightsbridge

Interview Feb. 9th- APPROVED!

Feb. 16th 2006: Reunited and it feels so gooooood

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

All the best for the future

Alison (F)

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Hi everybody,

My husband had his interview in London this morning, and could you please update me on the list to.........APPROVED!!!!! Wow I've been waiting a year to say that!! :dance::dance:

I am so relieved/happy/exhausted....and I wasn't even at the interview! :D I've been awake nearly all night, though, worrying.....

My husband said he was in and out of the embassy in London within 2 hours. They didn't ask him ANY questions at all, just took his documents and then called him up again for fingerprints and told him he was approved!

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone on VJ , you have been so helpful to me over the past year....I don't know how I would have known half of what I do without this site. It really is appreciated.

I am reunited with my hubby in exactly one week! Im so happy.

Congratulations Alana, feels good dont it to know its all done with

Donna

Almost done with it all

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.