brian87

APRIL '08 Vermont K-1 Filers

2,328 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Oh and I was wondering is there PDFs of the paperwork that comes in Packet three here by any chance? I wanna have what he has in front of me so we can "fill them out together" ya know? And so we can make sure he doesn't miss anything. Thanks!!

Stephanie

Stephanie--I have the whole London Packet 3 scanned and it's the April 08 version. It includes medical info and form too. I have to "share" it with you using an email address...preferable a hotmail, msn or windows live mail account. Otherwise they may make you sign up or something. It's on MSN Sky drive. If you want it, PM me with an email. The 4 forms he will fill out are online.

London was not interested in my bank statements. The 2007 tax return and letter from employer was all they wanted from me.

Thanks for this info! I messaged you. I'm glad to see that's all they wanted because my mom is the co-sponser and she sent those two things and a copy of her property taxes. I hope that will be plenty. Mom is way over the 125% level...and I'm glad for that. Being a student...I'd never be able to get him over here!

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

04-25-2008 I129-F Received at VSC

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

07-31-2008 NOA2 Approved!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NOA2 Hard Copy

08-07-2008 NVC Received

08-08-2008 Sent to London Embassy

08-11-2008 Embassy Received

08-20-2008 Packet 3 Received (not exactly sure because of address problems)

american-british-flag-realtor.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

wow! we got the new case number already... reached NVC today! Russell will call Monday morning (Sunday est time) to schedule his medical for next week! Moving right along....

Suzy???

Brian???

timeline.jpg

wow! we got the new case number already... reached NVC today! Russell will call Monday morning (Sunday est time) to schedule his medical for next week! Moving right along....

Well, are you surprised? Some poster named Kim always says, "things move faster once your get the NOA2." :whistle:

I'm excited for you.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Suzy???

Brian???

Congrats Kim!

I'm currently waiting on NOA2 still, I had another touch yesterday but so far no approval. It may be a good thing, because of the birth certificate situation. Luis got a lawyer and everything should be done in 1 month. I think we'll be OK (fingers crossed).

I also start the new semester the first week of September. I'm kinda upset b/c I was hoping to have an interview in August (when I started the process, it was going much faster for other people). I may have to miss some classes (ugh), and that's not my style if you know what I mean. I am definetely going to the interview, many people in Peru have recommended it and plus I miss Luis & his family and I would like to be there with him for the interview & the flight HOME! to NYC hahaha. I wonder how he's going to react to NY

So here's a question to all of you guys (and gals, it's a NY thing to call everybody guys)

If your fiancee has never been to the states, how do you think they are going to like it here? I'm a lil nervous because I don't think he's going to like the lifestyle, it's much more relaxed in Peru than it is here. I mean, he deals with me so that's a plus (hahaha I'm not exactly the most CALM person).

No, but seriously, I'd like to hear your opinions on this and concerns. And to everybody whose fiancee HAS been here, how did they like it???

Let's talk people, to get my mind of of this waiting!!!!

205656_848198845714_16320940_41282447_7410167_n-1.jpg

Timeline

:lol: Mama Nich! I honestly didn't expect it to get there in less than two days!!! Only called because my honey is not quite as patient as I. ;) I could tell that the woman who answered the phone at the NVC was genuinely happy for us... so excited "we just got your number today!"... "good luck to you guys"... very sweet. :) And what a difference from USCIS!!! Everything just feels so good now... a extra bounce in my step and a stupid grin on my face! :lol: I can't wait for the rest of you good people to join us at this level!!!!

Suzy, (we say 'guys' too :lol: )...n how you doin?? :lol: I think Luis is going to love it here... simply because you're here! It's a lot like that in NZ too.... just laid back and surrounded with lush tropical beauty. *sigh* I used to think 'wow..he's leaving all of this for me'...still do sometimes. But, because he was here for over a year I already know that he loves it here too... its much different but still lovely in other ways. I think it really has a lot to do with the people that I am surrounded by ..family and friends. :) Our plans are to be in NZ as much as we can and perhaps some day even have a home there as well. No matter where you are, somehow, when you are in the arms of your true love... you are home. :) It will be glorious for you both, i'm sure. :)

I thought those touches were going to mean something yesterday! I'm sure you did too. It's got to be right there.... grrrrrrrrrrrr keeping everything crossed for you! Great news about Luis's bc. What drama!

timeline.jpg

Well Nick loves it here and says it's more laid back, friendly, and easy going than where he is in the UK. I guess you Yankees in Boston and NY are a different lifestyle. You know, we're all country bumpkins here in Texas. :rofl: We talk slower too, often making a one syllable word into two syllables. hahaha. Example: Kim would be Kee-um. Ok, I exaggerate, that would be in Georgia and Mississippi--the Deep South.

Luis will catch up to speed. What a change....NY, Suzy, twins!!!! Hang on to your hat Luis. You are in for one wild ride.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline
Well Nick loves it here and says it's more laid back, friendly, and easy going than where he is in the UK. I guess you Yankees in Boston and NY are a different lifestyle. You know, we're all country bumpkins here in Texas. :rofl: We talk slower too, often making a one syllable word into two syllables. hahaha. Example: Kim would be Kee-um. Ok, I exaggerate, that would be in Georgia and Mississippi--the Deep South.

Luis will catch up to speed. What a change....NY, Suzy, twins!!!! Hang on to your hat Luis. You are in for one wild ride.

We do the two syllable words here in Alabama too. :) Gareth calls me his little Redneck! LoL! As for Alabama, he LOVES it here! He had to get used to our summer heat, but once he did he was fine. He was in the pool 99% of his time here. Of course the day he leaves it hasn't been above 90 since. Like I said though he loves it here. Things are kind of tough in England so he says that he can have a better life here and he'll be with me. :) So he's excited!

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NVC Received

Filed: Timeline

Hello all! Sorry not to have been around, but unfortunately my aunt passed away on Thursday night (peacefully, in her sleep), and yesterday - the peak day of the vacation season - I had to travel down to Southern Italy for her funeral service. I came back some three hours ago, after a five-and-a-half-hour train journey... I was lucky to find a seat for most of it, since I had lost my reservation, and trains were PACKED to the gills. Suffice it to say that my aunt lived in a renowned seaside resort... To make matters worse, yesterday was one of the hottest days of the summer, with high humidity and temps well into the 100's.

Michael hasn't yet got in touch with NVC, though I suppose our file may already be in Naples (through which I passed yesterday and today). In any case, odd at it may seem, I am not in a hurry, because I need to have those certificates done, and he's not done his Affidavit of Support yet. I'd be happy to have the interview by early October, though, because I would love for us to be married on Oct 20, our second anniversary. We'll see!

Timeline

Ok I've been looking over documents and I'm sorta freaking out.

It says he needs to have evidence of support for the interview AND he has to send in evidence of support as well...with the four forms he has to fill out. I only sent with him one copy of the evidence. I didn't know this until now. Will copies be ok to send in with the forms or should I send him another original? Thanks!!

And also the forms require evidence of engagement. Is that just the evidence of our ongoing relationship...or does he need like a receipt for a ring or something...cause we don't have that! My mom gave him her diamond reset in white gold to give to me (which I thought was soo sweet and a total surprise to me!) Thanks for your help guys! I just wanna do it all right the first time.

Stephanie

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NVC Received

Timeline

Raff... so sorry about your auntie. :( I'm glad she went peacefully and had such an influence on your life. May the warm memories of her bring you comfort during this time.

Here's some good news! You're case is at the Embassy!

raff2.jpg

timeline.jpg

Timeline

It says he needs to have evidence of support for the interview AND he has to send in evidence of support as well...with the four forms he has to fill out. I only sent with him one copy of the evidence. I didn't know this until now. Will copies be ok to send in with the forms or should I send him another original? Thanks!!

And also the forms require evidence of engagement. Is that just the evidence of our ongoing relationship...or does he need like a receipt for a ring or something...cause we don't have that! My mom gave him her diamond reset in white gold to give to me (which I thought was soo sweet and a total surprise to me!) Thanks for your help guys! I just wanna do it all right the first time.

Stephanie

Stephanie, it depends what originals you're talking about. You need to send him the I-134 notorized so yes, that needs to be an original. NZ asked that Russell supply them with his CV/Resume and that was the first i've heard of that being requested. Not sure what other kinds of 'support' they would want to see from him except maybe bank account balances? It's not like he's keeping a job! Best to check with others who have dealt with that Consulate. ;)

I'm pretty sure the evidence of engagmement is your ongoing relationship proof. Not everyone wears an engagement ring.

timeline.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Oh Kim, thanks so much! :wub: How did you do that? You really have some superpowers we don't know about :D ! It means our file has been there for three days... Probably they were closed yesterday because it was a public holiday here, but I will be able to contact them next week to ask about Packet 3. I hope I'll manage to get all those certs done ASAP! Anyway, I think we need a new case number.... Are the NVC people going to give it to us?

Timeline

You're welcome. :)

You can call DOS to get your new case number and they can even tell you if/when packet 3 was sent. (202) 663-1225 Press 1, then Press 0.

timeline.jpg

Timeline

Stephanie

Stephanie, it depends what originals you're talking about. You need to send him the I-134 notorized so yes, that needs to be an original. NZ asked that Russell supply them with his CV/Resume and that was the first i've heard of that being requested. Not sure what other kinds of 'support' they would want to see from him except maybe bank account balances? It's not like he's keeping a job! Best to check with others who have dealt with that Consulate. ;)

I'm pretty sure the evidence of engagmement is your ongoing relationship proof. Not everyone wears an engagement ring.

Thanks Kim! I will send him another original set of the support documents. :) Just to be safe.

Our K1-Visa Timeline

04-21-2008 I29-F Sent

05-01-2008 NOA1 issued

05-05-2008 Check cashed

05-06-2008 Touched

05-07-2008 NOA1 Received

06-04-2008 Touched!!

08-01-2008 Touched.

08-07-2008 NVC Received

Stephanie

Stephanie--- Recent successful experience with London speaking here--->Mama Nich. No stressing needed. London is easy.

He DOES NOT have to provide any of his financial evidence if you are providing I-134 alone or with a co-sponsor. NO, NO, NO. Page nine list four types of evidence of your income and says pick two or any others that will prove your point.

NO proof of engagement to London. We have no ring or plans to ever get one. We passed. It's not in London's P3.

NO proof of an ongoing relationship is asked for at the interview.

You don't have to send more copies of your support evidence. It's a COPY. Can't he find a Xerox machine in the UK like at work, school, the library, Staples? He just makes a copy of what you sent. It's not two originals.

Mail in to Embassy:

• The four DS forms as outlined on the first page of P3. Pay attention to what is says to send two of and what it says to not sign. It's on the page.
  • The IV15 checklist (it's four pages) if you have everything on it. The checklist is his way of saying, "I've got all this stuff and I'm ready to interview."
Mail the four DS forms immediately. You can mail the checklist later, but sending everything together is most efficient. Include a cover letter. I can send you mine to modify if you have Word. Change the names and good to go.

Take in hand to interview:

• The appointment letter they mail him. It's the ticket in the door.
  • His passport
  • His original birth certificate. Must show parent's names. (and a copy so they can keep the copy and give his original back)
  • Originals of any divorce decree if he is divorced (and a copy so they can give original back)
  • ACPO police certificate (and a copy)
  • Court or military records if he has any (and a copy)
  • I-134 from you which is notarized plus at least two forms of evidence of your income. (and a copy) We provided 2007 tax return and letter of employment.

• 2 US sized passport photos. The third they mention is really for the medical. Only two for the embassy appointment.
Click my timeline over on the left and way at the bottom if you want to read our interview experience play by play. Very detailed and probably too long. Don't stress. It's not as hard as it seems. Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.