Processing Times for Vermont I-130 - July 30,2007

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Contact Senator or Congress person, make sure you get the case workers name, dont leave voice mail, they dont pick up - after basically seven months you are entitled to get this thing going and most will do so.

They do have power, there is a special area of USCIS that only deals with the delay of timelines such as alot of us are going through -

Tis a bunch of bs from what I am seeing, how do you approve November and December filers and just toss away July and August and so forth -

Had it with them, they are so out of touch, its beyond belief. Thank god for the 48 hour rule and it does basically apply for just an answer. You get a good case worker, then you have hope.

Cheers

:angry: ####### Susie?! You're in the same boat too - still waiting for a yes. We applied around the same time as each other. I hope your approval is tomorrow. Those a$$es!

Just as an FYI, I work in a government relations department for an arms reach government body in Canada. We basically deal with inquiries from public officials (aka in US Congressmen, Senators) who are trying to help their constituents. We get calls all the time asking to see if we can hurry files, fix problems etc. That's what our job is, to satisfy them to keep them out of our business. We try to fix files and rush them through all the time.

I am going to assume that the Senator's offices work the same way in the US. A gov't agency gets a call, and they get working to fix the problem. Most agencies like to keep public officials out of their business, so they are trained to fix the problem or address the issue asap. You just need to find a Senator or Congressman willing to take up the cause quickly. Best way to do that - constantly call their office and harass them to get looking into your file. They want your vote and your confidence, so they're not going to tell you to PFO.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes luv,

I work for a regulatory compliance agency and have contacts in the government here, but wont use YET.

I just looked at some timelines for I130's and about fell over - there is a few of us from the crunch period who are just sitting around waiting to have their mates here (200 plus days) , and I have not had the time to start bothering Senator Nelson's office here in Orlando, but will do at the end of the week.

We got an RFE, but it was something that was sent in, typical, but seeing cases approved in less than 120 days and there are peeps sitting at 200 days and longer , thats wrong.

I just spoke with a good friend who is a VJ and his wife finally got here after congressional help, she went for SS card, guess what DENIED until AOS and thats taking about 8-10 months in Orlando.

Tis wrong, and they wonder why people are upset.

Cheers luv

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I got of the phone with customer aggrivation a few moments ago and the reason told to me was because of the applications going back in fourth from CSC and VSC. I guess CSC just sent a bunch of July applications over there. Really does make me wonder if they did misplace a ton of applications in the whole backlog issue. But atleast CSC went from July 30th to September 5th in 1 month, for now >.> until VSC sends back those July applications :whistle: Dealing with USCIS is like dealing with slick talking street hustlers.

Yes Sept 5th but what happend to all july filers who are not approved like us?????? still pending :angry:

Kishan

Your approval seems WAY overdue!!!! That is unbelievable. I see that you called recently, but I would call again on Monday. That's ridiculous. As soon as you get off the phone, I would fax your Senator and explain that you're well passed the due date to have things done. Good luck.

Thanks a lot

kishan

• 3 months later...

[i dont even think VSC people are doing their job

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.