Leafgal

Looking for a job while awaiting EAD

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am hoping for EAD approval by end of next month or early May so I went today to register and fill out paperwork with a temp agency and told them I am not available to get a job yet but I wanted to get the process started so that as soon as I am able to work they can place me (crossing my fingers) quicker. I did some testing there, and they will email further testing to me to do at home (which is great).

Just wondered if anyone else went this route?

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
I am hoping for EAD approval by end of next month or early May so I went today to register and fill out paperwork with a temp agency and told them I am not available to get a job yet but I wanted to get the process started so that as soon as I am able to work they can place me (crossing my fingers) quicker. I did some testing there, and they will email further testing to me to do at home (which is great).

Just wondered if anyone else went this route?

My hubby did this too. Some employers weren't interested if he didn't have documents; some were. In fact, the one guy told him to come back when he got the EAD and he'd give him a job. So a month later, when the EAD came, my hubby went back, and sure enough got the job. It's not that well paying and has no benefits, and he doesn't like the type of work, but I keep encouraging him that ANY type of American job/experience on his resume' will make it appear more favorably to possible future employers. Have to start somewhere! :thumbs:

“Why do the righteous suffer?” someone asked C.S. Lewis. He replied: “They are the only ones that can handle it.”

K-1 Visa:

May 4, 2007: Filed I 129-F at CSC

May 24, 2007: NOA 1

Sept. 20, 2007: APPROVAL NOA 2 !!! (Day 139)

Sept. 24, 2007: Hard copy NOA 2 received in mail

Oct. 25, 2007: Papers arrived at NVC

Oct. 29, 2007: Papers left NVC: enroute to Bucharest YAY!!

Nov. 2, 2007: Packet 3 mailed from embassy

Nov. 8, 2007: Packet 3 received, medical and interview scheduled by phone

Nov. 12, 2007: Medical appointment completed

Nov. 13, 2007: Interview in Bucharest: VISA APPROVED!!

JANUARY 12, 2008: THE WEDDING

AOS:

Dec.31, 2007: Filed AOS/EAD/AP via mail

Jan. 30, 2008: Biometrics appointment

March 11, 2008: EAD/travel document approval via email

Case transferred to CSC (date unknown)

May 12, 2008: AOS approval email!!

May 22, 2008: Green card received

Doubt thou the stars are fire; doubt that the sun doth move; doubt truth to be a liar; but never doubt I love you. (W. Shakespeare)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.