michael s

filed I751 couple of days late

23 posts in this topic

my gc expired on 3/22/2008 , i filed the I-751 on 03/26/2008 and overnight and they got it today, my question is , what will happenes next , am i in trouble couse i was couple of days late , i got my gc through mariage and i am still married , will they deport me and what can i do nect , i stn a letter with my application saying that i didnt recieve a letter from them due to the fact that i changed my address and then sent then a copy of my change of address that i filed with them . please any advice on what to do would be helpful now

Filed: Timeline
my gc expired on 3/22/2008 , i filed the I-751 on 03/26/2008 and overnight and they got it today, my question is , what will happenes next , am i in trouble couse i was couple of days late , i got my gc through mariage and i am still married , will they deport me and what can i do nect , i stn a letter with my application saying that i didnt recieve a letter from them due to the fact that i changed my address and then sent then a copy of my change of address that i filed with them . please any advice on what to do would be helpful now

They do not send a letter to you to remind you to file for Removal of Conditions... it is up to you to file anywhere within the 90 days before your Greencard expired....

AS for change of address you should have filed form AR-11 within 10 days of changing your address and your spouse should have filled the sponsors change of address form I-865 within 30 days of moving...

I dont think anything will happen to you... peope have filed a few weeks late for various reasons and have been ok...

Kez

thanks alot , at least now i can stop shivering and relax a bit , i also read a pdf saying taht even if filed a bit late , its rarely that app gets rejected

Based upon past experiences of others ...... NOTHING is going to happen to you!

Good luck on the rest of your journey!

Timeline

01-30-06 2-Year Green Card Approved

02-11-06 2-Year Green Card Arrival

11-05-07 I-751 Petition MAILED To TSC

11-08-07 I-751 Petition RECEIVED At TSC

11-26-07 I-751 Petition Transferred to CSC and Check Cashed

12-01-07 NOA For 1-Year Extention RECEIVED from CSC

12-17-07 Biometrics Letter Received / Scheduled for 1/8/08

01-08-08 Biometrics Completed At ASC

01-08-08 Touched

01-09-08 Touched

03-26-08 10-Year GC APPROVED!!!! HOORAY!!!

04-03-08 10-Year GC ARRIVES! GC Journey Over For Another 10-Years~On To Citizenship

N-400 Application

10-15-2009 Application Filed

10-16-2009 Application Received / Lewisville, TX

10-21-2009 NOA I-797 Receipt for Application

11-10-2009 Electronic Notice of RFE For Biometrics

11-12-2009 Biometrics Letter Received

12-04-2009 Biometrics

12-17-2009 Notice That File Has Been Transferred To Local Office For Standard Interview

01-19-2010 Interview - PASSED! HOORAY!

01-20-2010 Oath for NEW U.S. Citizen! FINISHED AND DONE!

Since my middle name seems to be Procrastinate, I managed to leave mailing my I-751 package until the 87th day ... which also happened to be the very last Thursday before my card ran out on a Sunday.

I mailed the package using USPS' Express Next Day service on Thursday, March 7th. (My card expiry date was Sunday, March 9th.) I was sure it would be alright. After all, I only live about 20 miles from Mesquite - where the TSC PO Box is - so there's no way there could be a problem ... How dumb was that!!!

I specified I wanted a signature, so I could track the package and make sure everything went OK ...

According to the USPS system they tried to deliver my package to the TCS on Friday, March 8th at midday, but I guess everyone there was at lunch because the USPS tried to deliver but had left notice of their failed attempt! Needless to say there's never going to be anyone around to accept any deliveries at the weekend, so it didn't get delivered until Monday, March 10th - one day late.

I kept a copy of the USPS web page that show all the tracking information - times, places, dates, the failed attempt and who eventually signed for it ... so if I get knocked back I will have something to show the darn thing was definitely there in time even though they weren't there to accept it!

It's nearly three weeks later and I've heard nothing yet ... So there's nothing for it but to sit and wait to see what happens. :wacko: It's certainly a relief to read that others have been late and not suffered because of it.

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

=======================================

Jun 01-2005: I-129F is at TSC

Sep 21-2005: K-1 Visa!

Oct 16-2005: Moved To DFW!

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

Mar 07-2008: I-751 (Lifting conditions) sent

Apr 17-2008: Biometrics Appt

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will be fine. If they have cashed the check it means that they have accepted the application. Tex'n'Brit, there are a number of us who filed around the same time as you did. None of us have received any notification yet at all - no NOAs, no Biometric appointments, no nuthin'. You might want to add your name to the list of Texas filers here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118137 and join the crowd. We can all lend our support to each other as well as use each other's timelines as barometers for our own.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will still be fine. There have been a number of VJers who, for one reason or another, were late filing by a few days and they have had no problems. I don't anticipate you having any problems either. Good luck. Which Service Center did you file at?

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

You will be fine. If they have cashed the check it means that they have accepted the application. Tex'n'Brit, there are a number of us who filed around the same time as you did. None of us have received any notification yet at all - no NOAs, no Biometric appointments, no nuthin'. You might want to add your name to the list of Texas filers here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=118137 and join the crowd. We can all lend our support to each other as well as use each other's timelines as barometers for our own.

Thanks Kathryn, will do! :thumbs:

And keep your pecker up, Michael! It would be really helpful if you would complete your profile - adding the bits about what you're filing for and where you're from, where your local office is, etc. That way we can offer you relevant comments without having to pester you for the info and make you repeat all that each time. :yes:

Brit

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

You will still be fine. There have been a number of VJers who, for one reason or another, were late filing by a few days and they have had no problems. I don't anticipate you having any problems either. Good luck. Which Service Center did you file at?

thanks , vermont .

thanks , vermont .

Nice to see your quick work adding your info, Michael.

It really does seem to help people get more and better responses and also build a good rapport with other VJ'ers, specially those who came from/know about the same part of the world, live in/came from the same part of the States, or who are now dealing with the same USCIS 'Service' :wacko: Center.

All the best,

Brit

Edited by Tex'n'Brit

All the best,

Sheila

(AKA Brit)

Oct 23-2005:
Wedding!

Mar 09-2006:
Green Card!

thanks brit..... now all i have to do is wait , i know that they will send me a letter that they probably need more info or missing papers or anything cause i mailed everything fast but at least i will know that it went alright

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.