RyaNRiza

TFC (The Filipino Channel)

29 posts in this topic

My husband subscribed GMA Pinoy TV and we paid extra $ 12 a month. Sometimes when ever he playeded video game in his computer I have something to do. And it really makes me update what is happening in the PI by watching the news and also showbiz update hehehehehe. And sometimes he watched it with me also :)

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

u know whats the craziest chicka that i heard lately? jenelyn mercado is pregnant! lol... and i saw it in youtube 2 nights ago when i search for phil updates... when i called my friend on the phone that night to see whats up in cdo and i suddenly mentioned that "so jenelyn is pregnant?" and she was like, yea but you're 3 months behind the news. where have u been... lol... well i told her im sorry im not really in to showbiz that much but i was just surprised how people's lives has change when i left phil...

o. anong latest sa the buzz??? :lol:

Edited by RonMay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Has never been a fan of filipino channels even when I was still in PI so I don't really miss it much.As long as I have FOXN,Discovery,National Geographic channels and I can watch Greys Anatomy,CSI, Projectrunway and Spongebob Squarepants :) in other tv channels I'm already a happy camper.

To get updated with pinoy news I surf yahoo.

Excuse me Miss America heheheh. Sorry but I really miss of those things especially news about what is going on in my home country. Enjoy all your NEW American shows hahahh! Jok..

Hey Miss just arrived in America, hehehe. Actually, the shows I mentioned are not NEW American shows.Ive been watching those shows in the Philippines for years now, even before I arrived here. I am a CSI and Spongebob addict!! Funny because my husband, the boys and I love Spongebob, the cartoon show is just so funny. Now, he also likes to watch CSI and Projectrunway like me. I have my daily dose of Philippine news from the abs-cbn website and like RonMay, Im not into teleserye. Since I don't have really a particular favourite pinoy program I will just have to continue watching my OLD favourite American shows , hehehe. No choice :)

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW, it looks like Wowowee show is quite popular there. Well, the same here :D I think Willy Revillame is an effective host. His hosting style is "makamasa" which is why I think the show is popular not only here in PI but also among Filipinos in the USA who have TFC subscription. Actually, my only favorite segment of the show is "Willie of Fortune" it's because the segment is more of the "heart" than the "money" which the contestants get out of joining it. I like listening to stories of common Filipinos which mostly touched the hearts of other kababayans.

-Riza

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

When I first got here I checked around and it will cost us additional $60/mo and that's $720/yr. Now that I'm working and could afford it still to me that's a waste of my hard earned money (I became so frugal when I came to America unlike when I was back home lol!).

Who would need TFC when I only watch foodnetwork, hgtv, american idol or like Atty Myla FOX news lol! That doesn't make me less of a filipino right?

Arrival in the US 02-22-07

Married 04-05-07

Filed AOS/EAD 04-25-07 (priority mail)

Received at Chicago lockbox 04-28-07

Check encashed 05-02-07

Received biometrics letter 05-10-07

Biometrics sked 06-1-07 @ Charlotte, NC

Transferred to CSC 06-01-07

CRIS email confirming transfer to CSC 06-08-07

Touched 06-10-07 (Someone is working on a sunday)

EAD approval 7-9 (CRIS email received 7-14)

AOS 1st touched 7-17 pm since transfer to CSC

AOS 2nd touched 7-18 am

AOS 3rd touched 7-19 around 9am then around 12:48 CRIS email came AOS card prodution!

AOS 4th touched 7-20 9:27am Welcome letter

AOS welcome letter in the mail 7/21

EAD card received 7/21

Green card received 7/26

Immigration free till 7/18/09

I-751

Sent application 04-18-09

Check cashed on 04-22-09

Received on 05-05-09

Received Bio Sked 05-14-09

Bio Schedule 06-01-09

And then the wait.....

*** ps didn't apply for SS id or driver's permit not until 8 days before my I-94 expired and was told to wait for my EAD or greencard which ever comes first huh!

*** apply for SSS, driver's license passed 7/23

Malditang Pinay

www.maldita12.blogspot.com

When I first got here I checked around and it will cost us additional $60/mo and that's $720/yr. Now that I'm working and could afford it still to me that's a waste of my hard earned money (I became so frugal when I came to America unlike when I was back home lol!).

Who would need TFC when I only watch foodnetwork, hgtv, american idol or like Atty Myla FOX news lol! That doesn't make me less of a filipino right?

AMEN!! lol...

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

when i was in Philippines.. i did have sky cable but i only watch NEWS on ABS-CBN, GMA, and ABC.. even here in US i watch Fox news, CNN, movies and other interesting episode(dexter), and comedy shows.

and now i only read online..no more filipino channel :crying:

Edited by SJ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We subscribe to the Filipino Channel here in Colorado. My wife likes to watch in when she is home during the day. At night WOWOWEE is on. I am only allowed to watch it without my glasses on. hehehe

www.pepcsters.com/ ... check this site ..it showed a lot of tv program that include wowee, movies, radio station all the way from the the motherland for free....

N-400

Mar 03 2012- Send N-400

Apr 12 2012- Received NOA

Filed: Timeline

My wife's brother has TFC through a satellite service they almost always have TFC tuned in. We have cable at home and the service provider doesnt offer the channel but they do have some TFC content like movies and concerts. Its an extra $6 a month over the services we already had. It seems worth it to me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.