richlyn

fake bag

28 posts in this topic

NoelandTintin :bonk: , your sarcasm has really no place here. We are trying to offer our best replies based on our experiences so the members are aware of what is happening especially that they are still in the process of coming here. We dont want our kababayans to be in trouble when they enter the USA. Perhaps you missed dannymartin1's post? Do read that and tell the OP again that its okay to bring in here fake articles, not to mention the real experiences of people shared by the other contributors.

I wasnt trying to be sarcastic. Where was I trying to be sarcastic? And I did read danny martin's cut and paste info from somewhere about trdemark and copyright infringement. But its confusing. I dont know if it relates to POE or what. At the same time it says....

However, travelers arriving in the United States may be permitted an exemption and allowed to import one article of each type, which must accompany the person, bearing a counterfeit, confusingly similar or restricted gray market trademark, provided that the article is for personal use and is not for sale.

I also understand RonMay completely. And there's nothing wrong with being too careful.

All I'm saying is... it's just a bag. I thought some responses were a bit on the "scare tactic" side. Like the OP was intending to smuggle tons of fake LV bags or somethin.

If the US really enforce this "no knock" thing, it would take a massive amount of man power to check everyone's single items for authenticity. Just imagine, watches, shirts you're wearing, the wallet in your pants, etc., etc. I would be in immigration line for hours instead of the usual one or two minutes! I can only magine how big the crowd would get at JFK or LAX.

And imagine if they really enforce it... Sir, ah ummm, Did you pay for all the music in your iPod? How about that watch? That watch looks real but the strap with it looks fake. Bottom line is, I dont think they enforce this thing.

Think of it like the green card thing. I'm sure CFO seminars told you to ALWAYS CARRY it with you. And they're "technically right." But anyone whos been here in the US for a fair amount of time knows that most immigrants dont carry green cards because they're too expensive to replace if you loose it. Would you get deported for "forgeting" your GC at home? Probably not.

Jom, Like you.... I am ALSO trying to offer my best replies based on my experiences.. I mean, I wasnt pulling my replies out of my you know what, if that's what you're implying. Jom, just because we dont agree, doesnt mean, I'm sarcastic or not helping.

I just hope the OP chooses wisely and know that its better to be safe than sorry.

Removal of Conditions :

August 16, 2010 - Petition received by USCIS Vermont Center

August 20, 2010 - NOA1 received

October 4, 2010 - Biometrics

January 3, 2011 - Permanent 10 yr. Green Card Received.

exactly!!!

just a thought... im not asking for world peace, but if we want to make a difference at least in our own way, why not a follow the "law" for a change? lol

Sorry but the CFO is not "the law". What's being discussed in the seminar is not "the law". I actually think the seminars are just another way the Philippine govt can extract money from its people.

NoelandTintin :bonk: , your sarcasm has really no place here. We are trying to offer our best replies based on our experiences so the members are aware of what is happening especially that they are still in the process of coming here. We dont want our kababayans to be in trouble when they enter the USA. Perhaps you missed dannymartin1's post? Do read that and tell the OP again that its okay to bring in here fake articles, not to mention the real experiences of people shared by the other contributors.

That info came directly from Customs and Border Protection WWW.CBP.GOV

Filed: Timeline
I'm sorry to say this but you are wrong! You never-ever bring fake items specially first timer... Do you want her get deported? :dance: I'm watching Balitang America and Citizen Pinoy they have case like that. They got deported because they bring some DVD pirated and Fake louie vuitton bag...

Well... I'm not actually totally wrong. (At least I think I'm not) It is not immigrations job to check the authenticity of items, such as your bag and wallet, you're carrying. If anyone has any interest if the bag you're carrying is fake or not, it might be customs. But I doubt its immigration.

Also, I've been goin back and forth from Manila to US in the last 25 years. I've never seen immigration check and says... hey... that T-shirt you're wearing looks fake. Or that bag you're carrying looks like a knock off.

I'm not advocating people bring knock offs. What I said was "It'll be fine". I think people are acting like the OP is bringing four 70 lbs boxes of Louis Vuitton items.

Anyway, I should reword or re-phrase what I said earlier about bringing a fake bag. If I were the OP, I would do it, bring it, not think about it. I mean. it's a bag!!

Its not an advise, nor a suggestion. Simply an opinion.

I think you did not get my point. When you get in the airport its the custom and immigration job to check all your things. I remember when I was in the airport they confiscated some item and hold the passenger for questioning in Detroit...

Do you think that there is no custom official in the airport? If your answer is no! well we got a problem. So everybody will bring pirated and fake bags... :whistle:

You can be deported or hold in the airport for a long time. Would you take a risk?

Edited by xps

IN USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

When going through customs at LAX back in September '07, the lady in front off me got nailed for having a "knock off" Gucci. She was promptly removed from the line and led to a room.

Don't take a chance..............

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think you did not get my point. When you get in the airport its the custom and immigration job to check all your things. I remember when I was in the airport they confiscated some item and hold the passenger for questioning in Detroit...

Do you think that there is no custom official in the airport? If your answer is no! well we got a problem. So everybody will bring pirated and fake bags... :whistle:

You can be deported or hold in the airport for a long time. Would you take a risk?

I think its you that arent getting my point. See post #9 where I said yes, I would take the risk. Also on that same post, read where I said... It is not an advise, or suggestions. Simply an opinion. Apparently, people cant have an opinion on the issue of bringing one fake LV bag to your POE.

But what I really find hilarious is.. This thread just wont die! LOL Especially after But I've also said on this thread that I understand you can never be too careful.

Filed: Timeline

I think its you that arent getting my point. See post #9 where I said yes, I would take the risk. Also on that same post, read where I said... It is not an advise, or suggestions. Simply an opinion. Apparently, people cant have an opinion on the issue of bringing one fake LV bag to your POE.

But what I really find hilarious is.. This thread just wont die! LOL Especially after But I've also said on this thread that I understand you can never be too careful.

ohh well, I will let you bring some Pirated DVD and fake Bag one time. I think your just lucky. I remember my dad when he get back here from manila. The immigration and the custom told him that his the luckiest man for today because their doing a RANDOM CHECK! and his the lucky one that the computerize machine pick for whole check and inspection. They check all his things even search his whole body and they bring him in the room for interrogation. What I said you never know when is your bad day. :innocent:

IN USA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Reading through this thread, it's pretty obvious that misunderstanding arose between posters until it came to a point that one has to prove that he/she is the one who is right and the other person is wrong. This all started from a very simple question which supposed to have a very simple answer. Sad to say, it's going too far that it causes conflict among posters.

The way I see things here, NoelandTintin did not advise nor suggest to bring a fake bag or any fake item. Although the way I understood her reply to the query implies to me like telling the person that it's ok to bring and it will not cause problem, which most of the posters disagreed. I think NoelandTintin was just basing her answer from her personal travel experience to the US and we cannot blame her from saying "It should be fine" because for going in and out of the US for several times, she has not encountered such a kind of problem.

However, if I were richlyn (the person who started this thread), I would go for the majority's advice. It's wise to be safe than risk. There are some things in life worth risking for, but when it comes to this concern, a fake bag is not worth it. :blush:

I hope this bickering stops here because it does not help everyone at all. Some of the posts are already going off topic just to prove one's "know-how" of everything. This forum is created to help and support each other for a smoother visa journey. I'm also sure that the person who raised the question has already an answer.

:DP E A C E! (L)(L)(L)

-Riza :dance:

My Journey to Motherhood

Our Wedding Pics

Onli In Da Pilipins - Collection of sights and thoughts for my beloved country.

Our Love HIStory

06/26/06: Met at Bigchurch.com

07/14/07: First meeting in person.

12/19/07: Got my surprise gift through snail mail: my engagement ring!

02/11-18/08: Valentine's Week together!

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765)

04/09/09: Sent packet to Illinois Lockbox

04/20/09: Received Notice of Action

04/27/09: Received Biometrics Appointment

05/09/09: Biometrics Appointment

06/01/09: Received EAD Card

08/18/09: Interview (postponed due to baby's delivery)

12/16/09: Interview - Approved!

2_613061495l.jpg

In her eyes I see the reflection of what love is all about.

"Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."

Ecclesiastes 4:12

On the other hand it could show that you are "americanized". We americans just love that fake stuff. And we love to flaunt the law, too.

I think the simple answer is: Which is more important--citizenship or fake bag. If you are coming here, come here with the right attitude. Will it suck a little? Sure but it will show that you are coming with the right attitude.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
exactly!!!

just a thought... im not asking for world peace, but if we want to make a difference at least in our own way, why not a follow the "law" for a change? lol

Sorry but the CFO is not "the law". What's being discussed in the seminar is not "the law". I actually think the seminars are just another way the Philippine govt can extract money from its people.

Absolutely correct!!! :thumbs:

Law has to do with INTENT also...someone carrying one, used "gucci like" bag that they bought at some market and is full of their wallest, lipstick and other stuff is going to have no problems. The law is in place to prevent people from bringing in pirated items specifically for resale. Not the case here.

Warm Regards,

Samby

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
On the other hand it could show that you are "americanized". We americans just love that fake stuff. And we love to flaunt the law, too.

I think the simple answer is: Which is more important--citizenship or fake bag. If you are coming here, come here with the right attitude. Will it suck a little? Sure but it will show that you are coming with the right attitude.

he he. :thumbs: I must admit I do have a couple of Rolexes I bought in downtown New York. and maybe a bunch of pirated DVDs I bought from the Chinese peddlers in the NY subways. You cant beat it! $5 and you get it before it even comes out of the theaters. LOL :whistle:

Seriously though. I've already retracted from my original statement of "don't worry about it" and said I do understand that you can never be careful.

But still, to me, Its just a bag! Still, "I" (me) would do it. I've been going back and forth between Manila and US since the early 80s and never seen anyone got turned back for having a fake Gucci. I've never even seen anyone trying to check the authenticity of the items (except for travel documents) passengers are carrying. But its me. This seems to be a hard thing to grasp and accept for a lot of people. It seems I must AGREE with them too. I was accused of being sarcastic and unhelpful because I would do what they woudnt. I was accused of pulling my replies out of my behind, when in actuallity, they were mostly pulling it out of theirs too. Anyway, I felt like I was virtually being publicly stoned. LOL

Like you said, maybe I'm americanized. :-)

Most people that said dont do it, said so because they were told not to in some seminars organized by a foreign government. But there's some people on this thread who "actually seen" people got sent into a room for having a fake Gucci.

So again.. let me repeat what I've already said... "Dont do this at home folks". :-)

Peace everyone!!

Edited by NoelandTintin

This reply is for the OP and hope it helps you...

I have a friend (take note he's an American) who'd decided to buy some fake Gucci, Prada and Vitton bags in Hong Kong. He thought it was ok since he's a USC and a businessman who's been traveling as many times as he could remember. Arriving at his POE, the custom people there are really checking every item in a check-in luggage and they found those fake bags that he got. He was held up for more than an hour, had to undergo thorough inspection, was lectured and chewed out for doing such a thing and had a little argument with immigration people. Imagine the trouble he went through just because he thought it was ok to bring fake bags. And to think that he's an American (a US born American, mind you). And imagine if this will happen to you... I bet you'll be scared... being a first time immigrant... being an alien...

I got some bags in my cargo box when I traveled here but they're the kind of bags that you can buy at Filipiniana stores. Never had any problems with it since it's not bearing an immitation of a signature brand.

--Mae

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

I forgot to add... I went through that same POE and mind you, they opened even the envelope of my X-ray film. My cargo box that was neatly tied by a rope was only sealed with a packing tape and the rope was taped on top of it. My neatly arranged items inside the box was a little disorganized. I have a bag of perfumes inside with some nice jewelries and they were all ok when I checked them. I can say that they do check your luggage and boxes most especially if it's your first time to fly to US.

N-400 NATURALIZATION

04/04/2011 - Mailed N-400 to AZ Lockbox

04/06/2011 - Received

04/07/2011 - NOA

04/07/2011 - Check cashed

04/14/2011 - Biometrics appointment in the mail

04/21/2011 - Early Biometrics (was scheduled on May 4, 2011)

05/09/2011 - Case Status Notification - In line for interview and testing

05/10/2011 - Case Status Notification - Interview scheduled

05/14/2011 - Interview Appointment Letter in the mail

06/21/2011 - Interview Appointment Date

06/29/2011 - Case Status Notification - Placed in the oath scheduling que

08/16/2011 - Case Status Notification - Oath ceremony scheduled

09/15/2011 - Oath Taking - good riddance!

09/23/2011 - Applied for Passport

10/08/2011 - Passport in the mail

10/17/2011 - Certificate of Naturalization in the mail -- OFFICIALLY DONE!

"Love is a noble act of self-giving, offering trust, faith, and loyalty.

The more you love, the more you lose a part of yourself, yet you don't become less of who you are;

you end up being complete with your loved ones."

I forgot to add... I went through that same POE and mind you, they opened even the envelope of my X-ray film. My cargo box that was neatly tied by a rope was only sealed with a packing tape and the rope was taped on top of it. My neatly arranged items inside the box was a little disorganized. I have a bag of perfumes inside with some nice jewelries and they were all ok when I checked them. I can say that they do check your luggage and boxes most especially if it's your first time to fly to US.

well as for opinions goes to one person to another it seems we all have a point. setting an example to our own experiences and i do say mae is right on this area about checking on luggage (randomly) at POE itself... last nov. (and im not creating stories just to prove a point lol) we went to phil for a vacation (my husband and i, plus two of our american friends), when we get back to san fran our POE, my friend and i was carrying a wakeboard bag (see the pic below) its a huge bag probably taller than me so my other friend offered to help me saying he'd carry it if he could put his 4 bottles of tanduay rum in my other luggage lol... so upon exiting the custom, they pick random bags to be check before you can head to your connecting flight or outside of the airport plus opening it in front of them. and sure enough our two wakeboard bags were chosen and our friends were held for inspection lol... its not even his bag but since the bag was looking very suspicious (could put a human body inside lol), he was being held in my behalf for inspection... so u never know when they will get'cha...

hyper.jpg

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.