irish44

$24 later and no answers

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

It has been almost a month since I received the approval from NVC. I also got an interview date via email on Mar. 18th (Interview May 12).

Tanya has not recieved any letter or checklist from the embassy. I decided to bite the bullet and make the $ phone call.

The lady who I talked to told me that it goes regular mail and that Tanya doesn't need to have it, and may not even receive one!

In fact, she could not even verify the interview date and would have to make an inquiry to the Consular Section. (Please call back tomorrow-more $)

What a bunch of garbage and a waste of money.

Any ideas folks?

Thanks!

It has been almost a month since I received the approval from NVC. I also got an interview date via email on Mar. 18th (Interview May 12).

Tanya has not recieved any letter or checklist from the embassy. I decided to bite the bullet and make the $ phone call.

The lady who I talked to told me that it goes regular mail and that Tanya doesn't need to have it, and may not even receive one!

In fact, she could not even verify the interview date and would have to make an inquiry to the Consular Section. (Please call back tomorrow-more $)

Any ideas folks?

Thanks!

Elena did not get her packet either. They sent it to the wrong address and would not send her a replacement. Must be bad luck with Sochi. I downloaded all the forms and instructions from the internet and made notes for her to follow. If you want, PM me with your regular email, and I will email you everything that I sent to Elena, and you can look at it and send it on if you like, or at least it will give you an idea of what to look for on the MOW embassy site. She just finished all her documents today, so I think the packet was pretty complete. The only thing she wont have is the invite letter. But they told me when I called Moscow that she wouldnt need it because her name will be on the list for entry at the guard shack on the day of the interview.

Also, if she hasnt started getting her police report yet, she needs to get it started. We applied for ours on 1/14/08 and recieved it 3/22/08. And she had to pull strings with some of her friends in the Militsia to get it even then. They ended up hand carrying it from Krasnodar to her in Sochi because she knew someone in Sochi who knew the Police Chief in Krasnodar. We had to contact them directly to get it moving or we would not have recieved it in time for the interview.

Edited by Bobalouie

--- AOS Timeline ---

07/22/08 --- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

07/25/08 --- NOA for I-131, I-485, and I-765

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

10/14/08 --- EAD received

11/13/08 --- Notice of transfer to CSC

02/09/09 --- Permanent Resident Card Ordered Notice

02/09/09 --- 2 Yr Permanent Resident Card Received

--- Lifting Conditions ---

11/10/10 --- Mailed I-751 packet to VSC

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Exactly, always use email instead. You'll get the same answer just for free. consulMo@state.gov

Here is what I believe you'll find in the packet, minus the actual forms which you'll need to download:

K-1 instructions in Russian.

K-1 instructions in English. (for your reference)

Medical clinics.

Take a look at the K-1 instructions, it will show you everything that needs to be provided or filled out.

Bobalouie, if you sent anything that isn't covered here, please share. It's entirely possible (probable) that I'm forgetting something.

Here is what I believe you'll find in the packet, minus the actual forms which you'll need to download:

Medical clinics.

Take a look at the K-1 instructions, it will show you everything that needs to be provided or filled out.

Bobalouie, if you sent anything that isn't covered here, please share. It's entirely possible (probable) that I'm forgetting something.

That is the bare bones Mox, but I have gleaned alot of info from these and other boards (as i am sure you have too) and I compiled it all and added it to those forms, you know, like little tips/tricks.

Here is what all I sent Mox (these are just the form titles, but you get an idea):

DHL help--tells the location and what needs to be done for the DHL airbill

DS156K--downloaded form you reference above

Embassy contact information and Map--gives the nearest metro stops and the locn of the embassy on a map with address and phone numbers

Embassy times and case number--tells her when/where to be and her case number for reference

Form DS230--downloaded form you reference above

Medical contact info and times/locations--It is your medical clinics link above

Medical exam info--this is more info I found about medical exams, and it has a reminder on it to get "slims form DS-3025"

Translation guide--for the internet based DS-156, tells in Russian how to fill it out and what all the things on the form mean.

Visa for Fiancee K1--basically it is the 2nd K1 link that you have. I didnt send it in Russain but I put a huge amount of notes on it to tell her what it is and how to do it. It is the checklist of things to do that most of the other forms above are referenced from.

If you want me to send them to you as well (I already sent to Irish) PM me your addy and I will shoot them to you. If you have acrobat, you can mod all my notes to Lena to suit your situation. I am uploading the last file (Visa for Fiancee K1) so you can see what I am talking about wrt the notes.

Visa_for_Fiancee_K1.pdf

Edited by Bobalouie

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Have to say, I'm with you here Sat. When I first saw they charged by the minute, I was thinking I had stumbled on some phone sex line. I always e-mail. Sorry this process is expensive enough!

Exactly, always use email instead. You'll get the same answer just for free. consulMo@state.gov

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Have to say, I'm with you here Sat. When I first saw they charged by the minute, I was thinking I had stumbled on some phone sex line. I always e-mail. Sorry this process is expensive enough!

The phone service reps are contract people and I think they may be located in Mexico or some odd location like that. Certainly a low ball operation. I used them once a long time ago...don't even remember why but it was a waste of money.

I have had good responses with email exchanges...usually within 2 days.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Me too. Onlu once did I not get a reply. But I suspected it would happen as I did not receive the usual auto-reply. I sent it again in a couple more days and had my answer.

The phone service reps are contract people and I think they may be located in Mexico or some odd location like that. Certainly a low ball operation. I used them once a long time ago...don't even remember why but it was a waste of money.

I have had good responses with email exchanges...usually within 2 days.

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Medical clinics.

That is the bare bones Mox, but I have gleaned alot of info from these and other boards (as i am sure you have too) and I compiled it all and added it to those forms, you know, like little tips/tricks.

Here is what all I sent Mox (these are just the form titles, but you get an idea):

Embassy contact information and Map--gives the nearest metro stops and the locn of the embassy on a map with address and phone numbers

Embassy times and case number--tells her when/where to be and her case number for reference

Medical exam info--this is more info I found about medical exams, and it has a reminder on it to get "slims form DS-3025"

Translation guide--for the internet based DS-156, tells in Russian how to fill it out and what all the things on the form mean.

Visa for Fiancee K1--basically it is the 2nd K1 link that you have. I didnt send it in Russain but I put a huge amount of notes on it to tell her what it is and how to do it. It is the checklist of things to do that most of the other forms above are referenced from.

If you want me to send them to you as well (I already sent to Irish) PM me your addy and I will shoot them to you. If you have acrobat, you can mod all my notes to Lena to suit your situation. I am uploading the last file (Visa for Fiancee K1) so you can see what I am talking about wrt the notes.

Dear Bobalouie,

Would you please send me a copy of the package you sent to Lena? If you want I can send you a check to offset the mailing expenses. I was thinking to do exactly what you did, but I would like to give a look to your package.

My address is FJ Trigos-A

9004 Duncanson Dr.

Bakersfield CA, 93311

email: arribamorelia@gmail.com

Thank you so much and best luck!

Aspettando (Javier)

Hey everyone. I did get an email response today saying they mailed it to Tanya on the 14th. Now in the notorious Russian Postal System.

Thanks Bob and Mox.

Thanks also for the forms Bob, it now doesn't matter if the mail system fails or not... another stress gone!

Medical clinics.

Dear Bobalouie,

Would you please send me a copy of the package you sent to Lena? If you want I can send you a check to offset the mailing expenses. I was thinking to do exactly what you did, but I would like to give a look to your package.

9004 Duncanson Dr.

Bakersfield CA, 93311

Aspettando (Javier)

Javier, I emailed you all the forms. You should have them now. :dance:

--- AOS Timeline ---

08/27/08 --- Biometrics

10/01/08 --- AP received

11/12/10 --- NOA1

12/22/10 --- Biometrics

03/15/11 --- RFE

05/10/11 --- Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Medical clinics.

Dear Bobalouie,

9004 Duncanson Dr.

Bakersfield CA, 93311

Aspettando (Javier)

Javier, I emailed you all the forms. You should have them now. :dance:

Thank you so much. :thumbs: I got them.

You said you just found out on the 18th when her interview was. It's only the 26th today. That's only 8 days and if you take into account the weekends, etc. then you're really only looking at it being less than a week.

The only idea I have here is to be patient.

It takes some time. Just because stuff isn't happening daily doesn't mean it's not happening. Relax. It'll be over before you know it!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.