Racerly

Drug Use

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have to say that most of the people i now had try drug a day in their life. Even my boss. Even my father, he admit that when he was a soldier he tried marijuana. And so what. It don't make them bad peoples. Drugs is something so common in our life. We have to deal with. And all of us have to think that, even if we'll give the best education to our kids, it will be ever possible that they'll try drugs a day. Please dont play the "oh my god".

Yoko

Well Yoko,

I couldn't let the sleeping dog lie on this one, I just have to walk up and kick him. ;)

First, I am not "play"ing anything, especially "oh my god", whatever that is supposed to mean. In my post I stated opinion (not "judgement" as another poster potentially inferred, I say again potentially) which is my own, naturally. You can say what you want about "most of the people i now" (hmmmm...."now" - too much usage yourself there? ;) - hahaha - joke), however "most of the people I know" didn't ever try drugs, even my father. None of my friends, and noone I associate with. Essentially, I have had the exact opposite experience in my life to yours. So again, the "most people" you are referring to is based on your life experiences only and my whole point is to not associate that experience with others by blindly applying it to the USA (or world) population as a whole. That's when it includes me and that's when I take issue.

This is not a judgemental post, just FYI.

Ok enough. Got work to do.

Y'all take care! Good luck to everyone who is waiting in the queue!

Jerry

UM.....WHAT??? A portion of your post is extremely difficult to understand and WOW - you must live in a perfect world to have so many people around you who have never experimented with drugs. The OP asked a simple question - wasnt trying to pick a fight or point fingers accusing the non drug users of being drug addicts...dont take it so personal. Dang.

Yeah, it was like someone said that there was something bad or wrong about never having tried drugs. But I must have missed that post...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quit doing drugs ASAP and it will make every aspect of life easier.

:thumbs:

I won't pass judgement either way, but for anyone planning to work once you do get to the US, just keep this in mind... more and more US companies, and most of the large ones, require you to pass a pre-employment drug test for any position within the company. And if you fail, you will be banned from ever working at that company, or its sister companies.

Edited by psiprez

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
I have to say that most of the people i now had try drug a day in their life. Even my boss. Even my father, he admit that when he was a soldier he tried marijuana. And so what. It don't make them bad peoples. Drugs is something so common in our life. We have to deal with. And all of us have to think that, even if we'll give the best education to our kids, it will be ever possible that they'll try drugs a day. Please dont play the "oh my god".

Yoko

Well Yoko,

I couldn't let the sleeping dog lie on this one, I just have to walk up and kick him. ;)

First, I am not "play"ing anything, especially "oh my god", whatever that is supposed to mean. In my post I stated opinion (not "judgement" as another poster potentially inferred, I say again potentially) which is my own, naturally. You can say what you want about "most of the people i now" (hmmmm...."now" - too much usage yourself there? ;) - hahaha - joke), however "most of the people I know" didn't ever try drugs, even my father. None of my friends, and noone I associate with. Essentially, I have had the exact opposite experience in my life to yours. So again, the "most people" you are referring to is based on your life experiences only and my whole point is to not associate that experience with others by blindly applying it to the USA (or world) population as a whole. That's when it includes me and that's when I take issue.

This is not a judgemental post, just FYI.

Ok enough. Got work to do.

Y'all take care! Good luck to everyone who is waiting in the queue!

Jerry

You see, you judge even if you're joking, i said that most of th peeps i know (sorry i have problems with my k key, i have to double type on it) i was not talking about me personally...

And even if i don't had problem with my keyboard, English is not my mother language.

So... i was just telling what i see around me, maybe in Europe peeps talks more about their vice ;) who knows?

see ya

Yoko

Richard & Chantal

"We are each of us angels with only one wing. And we can only fly while embracing each other."

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.