angelanddan

Should I get a co-sponsor

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello.

I just want to know. Should I be needing a co-sponsor given the ff scenario:

a. My fiance only have $10,000 on his Federal Tax Return because he only worked from the final five months of 2007. It is for the reason that he was in my country from Nov 2006 until May olf 2007. My fiance will be providing a narrative statement explaining that.

b. My finace would be providing me an employer letter showing that he is a full time employee of his current job which has an annualized income of 20,200. Above poverty line

c. My finace would be providing recent paystubs too

Do you think I would be needing a co-sponsor?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Hello.

I just want to know. Should I be needing a co-sponsor given the ff scenario:

a. My fiance only have $10,000 on his Federal Tax Return because he only worked from the final five months of 2007. It is for the reason that he was in my country from Nov 2006 until May olf 2007. My fiance will be providing a narrative statement explaining that.

b. My finace would be providing me an employer letter showing that he is a full time employee of his current job which has an annualized income of 20,200. Above poverty line

c. My finace would be providing recent paystubs too

Do you think I would be needing a co-sponsor?

Honestly, it NEVER hurts to have a co-sponsor. If they don't need it, great, but if they do it'll only delay things while you try to get everything together when they ask. I would do it.

Timeline

what about 2006 federal tax return??you can also present it...if you have your fiance's employment letter stating how much he earn, recent pay stubs..I think you will be fine..

118283530184.gifJessel Chris11837926282d.gif

11-20-2004 ♥ when we are falling in love

03-03-2007 ♥ he visit me in Cebu

03-05-2007 ♥ he visit my family

03-06-2007 ♥ we're officially engaged

--------------♥ so many things happened / unforgettable date

03-11-2007 ♥ temporary departure

03-14-2007 ♥ finally, he went home to Florida...very sad day...

04-06-2007 ♥ I29F sent to CSC

04-12-2007 ♥ CSC received I29f

04-13-2007 ♥ NOA1 received through mail

08-07-2007 ♥ status online RFE

08-11-2007 ♥ got RFE letter

08-13-2007 ♥ calling CSC about RFE

08-13-2007 ♥ APPROVED!!!

08-18-2007 ♥NOA2 hard copy

10-29-2007 ♥MEDICAL @ SLEC

11-07-2007 ♥INTERVIEW DAY!!!APPROVED!!!

12-14-2007 ♥Soon to be with my GG!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

YES.

He will need a Joint Sponser.

I did not work for all of 2006 (because I was outside USA). I did not have income for 2006. But I came back to USA and was working, making enough money in 2007.

I completed Affidavit of Support and included letter from Employer saying I am working and making enough money.

The National Visa Center approved my Affidavit of Support, did not ask me to get Joint Sponsor and send our case to Embassy.

At interview, at Embassy, Consulate officer asked for us to get Joint Sponsor. Reason: I did not work in 2006 and so my tax return had no money proving income for that year. It did not matter I was working now, in 2007 and making decent money.

The Consulate Officer can raise the bar/expectation on what documents you need to provide.

Edited by Nutty

Timeline

Now, Im really confused.

Two different answers. Do you think, you were asked of a co-sponsor because you have not worked the entire 2006? My fiance worked for the final five months so he have Income Tax Return for 2007.

Also, My finace doesnt have Income Tax Return for 2006 because he did not work on that time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.