clairern

Evidenciary Proof of

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey guys, I have a question.

A friend of mine who lives in Jamaica, has been married to her husband since 2004 and he filed for her in 2005 when he was a LPR. He became naturalized in January 2008 and their petition was upgraded. She is now at the NVC stage and her DS-230 was generated on March 17th. She has all of her documents and will apply for her police certtificate on Tuesday, then will DHL/Fed-ex the package to her husband to mail off when he gets the NVC letter.

My question to the Yardies whose spouses have already had their interview in Kingston. What type of evidence of a continuing relationship does she have to provide? She did not take a lot of pictures, because who knew that you had to provide these types of proofs that your marriage is genuine. Her husband visited her in Jamaica every 3-4 months until recently when they decided to try to save some of those expenses.

She has an ATM card where she has access to his account and there are transactions on the account from JA. They have a joint credit union account in JA and the couple pictures from their wedding and a few random ones from some of his visits.

Can she take the banking info, copies of his passport entry and exit stamps and whatever little pictures she has? What other evidence do you guys think she will need?

This process is so stressful on their marriage as it is on eveyone else's and I am trying to give her some solid advice and well as reassurance and support. She and I know that her marriage is real, but you never know what the immigration officers will request. I am trying to make sure that she has everything they could possibly ask for and more. I know there would be no reason for denial, but you never know. After what happen with Jason and Marla, :angry: (requesting proof that an I-130 was filed and approved) :angry: I am kinda skeptical about the Embassy practices and their requirements (even though we all know they are ridiculous).

I want my girl to have a pleasant experience and get approved without any hitches, so all the advice and info that can be given will be greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

One Love (L)

Claire

Support "OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE" Help a child go to school

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A friend of mine who lives in Jamaica, has been married to her husband since 2004 and he filed for her in 2005 when he was a LPR. He became naturalized in January 2008 and their petition was upgraded. She is now at the NVC stage and her DS-230 was generated on March 17th. She has all of her documents and will apply for her police certtificate on Tuesday, then will DHL/Fed-ex the package to her husband to mail off when he gets the NVC letter.

My question to the Yardies whose spouses have already had their interview in Kingston. What type of evidence of a continuing relationship does she have to provide? She did not take a lot of pictures, because who knew that you had to provide these types of proofs that your marriage is genuine. Her husband visited her in Jamaica every 3-4 months until recently when they decided to try to save some of those expenses.

She has an ATM card where she has access to his account and there are transactions on the account from JA. They have a joint credit union account in JA and the couple pictures from their wedding and a few random ones from some of his visits.

Can she take the banking info, copies of his passport entry and exit stamps and whatever little pictures she has? What other evidence do you guys think she will need?

This process is so stressful on their marriage as it is on eveyone else's and I am trying to give her some solid advice and well as reassurance and support. She and I know that her marriage is real, but you never know what the immigration officers will request. I am trying to make sure that she has everything they could possibly ask for and more. I know there would be no reason for denial, but you never know. After what happen with Jason and Marla, :angry: (requesting proof that an I-130 was filed and approved) :angry: I am kinda skeptical about the Embassy practices and their requirements (even though we all know they are ridiculous).

I want my girl to have a pleasant experience and get approved without any hitches, so all the advice and info that can be given will be greatly appreciated. :thumbs:

One Love (L)

Claire

I replied to the other post already. I did not send my husband the approved notice from USCIS. ?what way is friend filing?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Claire,

I hope you do read this post. Aaron and I were married for a little less than 4 years when he finally arrived here on the I-130. The proof that I brought along with me to the interview, were pictures that we took over the years (they didn't even look at our album); we only had our wedding pictures and a few pictures from when my sisters visited and when we went to visit my grandparents in Lucea. I can tell you, the album was only half-full with pics. If her husband can go to the interview, it will go a long way with the Consular officers. They asked me how we kept in contact and I told her that we spoke to each other everyday (I had copies from the Western Union card that I used; she didn't look at that).

I think if she brings proof of the joint credit union account and pictures, as well as any information that can show how they keep in contact that should work. I can see no reason that they will deny them, because Aaron and I didn't have any joint accounts together until he moved here.

Hope that helps, Claire!

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline

One Love (L)

Claire

I replied to the other post already. I did not send my husband the approved notice from USCIS. ?what way is friend filing?

I guess they are doing IR-1 since they have been married for more than 2 years.

Hi Claire,

I hope you do read this post. Aaron and I were married for a little less than 4 years when he finally arrived here on the I-130. The proof that I brought along with me to the interview, were pictures that we took over the years (they didn't even look at our album); we only had our wedding pictures and a few pictures from when my sisters visited and when we went to visit my grandparents in Lucea. I can tell you, the album was only half-full with pics. If her husband can go to the interview, it will go a long way with the Consular officers. They asked me how we kept in contact and I told her that we spoke to each other everyday (I had copies from the Western Union card that I used; she didn't look at that).

I think if she brings proof of the joint credit union account and pictures, as well as any information that can show how they keep in contact that should work. I can see no reason that they will deny them, because Aaron and I didn't have any joint accounts together until he moved here.

Hope that helps, Claire!

Thanks JaTam; I will direct her to this post and your replies. Good looking out :thumbs:

Timeline
Hi Claire,

Hope that helps, Claire!

Claire,

I gave my husband a lot of pictures that we've taken over the year and my husband said they didn't ask for a single wedding picture and the guy only looked @ two pictures. We don't have any joint accounts together only thing he has waiting for him is health insurance when he arrives.

Timeline

they didn't ask my husband for anything just to see our album..no taxes no w2s nothing....u just never know what one will ask compared to another it's always better to be safe than get a blue slip

MOTIVATE A CHILD... SUPPORT OPEN ARMS FOR JAMAICA'S FUTURE, INC. WE NEED A BRIGHTER TOMORROW !!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Kimmy made an important point. Make sure to tell your friend to get her husband's W2 and/or tax returns for the interview. They may not ask for it, but it's better to be safe than sorry. They asked for mine at the interview, but I told them I didn't have it, but she let us through regardless; her comment was: "We'll make it work".

I-130 for husband - see TIMELINE

10/23/2007 - Receive SSC (took 9 days from POE)

12/04/2007 - Receive Welcome Letter

12/14/2007 - Received 2nd Welcome Letter and Green card!!!

======================================================

N-400

09/21/2010 - Mailed application to Lewisville TX location

09/23/2010 - Information input in the system/check cashed

09/29/2010 - N-400 receipt received

09/30/2010 - RFE mailed

10/15/2010 - Biometrics appt (@8am) YAY!!!!

11/20/2010 - Received the yellow letter (dated 11/17/2010)

11/30/2010 - Case moved to the Testing & Interview stage (Email)

12/03/2010 - Received interview letter

01/06/2011 - Interview @ 10:15a...APPROVED!

02/12/2011 - Received oath ceremony letter (dated 02/10/2011)

02/18/2011 - Received descheduled oath ceremony letter (dated 2/15/2011)

02/26/2011 - Received new oath ceremony letter

03/02/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p (IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!)

03/09/2011 - Oath Ceremony @ 1:30p...FINALLY A CITIZEN!!!

Timeline
Kimmy made an important point. Make sure to tell your friend to get her husband's W2 and/or tax returns for the interview. They may not ask for it, but it's better to be safe than sorry. They asked for mine at the interview, but I told them I didn't have it, but she let us through regardless; her comment was: "We'll make it work".

Thanks Tam;

I sent her a PM last night directing her to this post. I will reiterate it with her tonight when I speak with her.

Good looking out. :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.